Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trump's twitter account permanently supspended.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trump's twitter account permanently supspended.

The last 3-4 posts absolutely demonstrate the problem. “LOCK THEM UP!!” sounds just like the “LOCK HER UP!!” chanted 4 years ago. That will heal nothing. Like I said a few posts ago, govern. Do it for everyone, not just your “side.” THAT would be welcome change.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Well DeAngelo just went on the trade block for one of my teams:

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2021...w-york-rangers
    Yes, Tony D is a hardcore Trumpster who has fallen for the bs, but he puts up pretty good points in Fantasy so..... , I think you should hold him lobo
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Yes, Tony D is a hardcore Trumpster who has fallen for the bs, but he puts up pretty good points in Fantasy so..... , I think you should hold him lobo
    He is tainted goods to me now. This is worse than owning Tim Thomas 10 years ago. I'm very diligent in keeping the deplorables and Calgary Flames off my fantasy rosters.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    The last 3-4 posts absolutely demonstrate the problem. “LOCK THEM UP!!” sounds just like the “LOCK HER UP!!” chanted 4 years ago. That will heal nothing. Like I said a few posts ago, govern. Do it for everyone, not just your “side.” THAT would be welcome change.
    There is a HUGE difference between Trump's 'lock her up' and the current 'lock them up'. Trump did it without any evidence and for personal reasons (supporters) while this 'lock them up' IS legitimately about traitors to the Constitution. What Trump, Guiliani, Rep Mo Brooks, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley did was an attempted coup. There is no other way to say it and it doesn't get any worse than this. If they are not held accountable, America will never be the same.

Dobber Sports Sage

There will be no healing until the infection is ruthlessly purged from the system.

Dobber Sports Pro

Does govern mean turning a blind eye to people that willingly want to break laws and violently oppose the majority rule? Does it mean to treat extremist groups with kids gloves? Because the last 4 years of Trumpism has been an all out assault on the "other side" and just now you want a return to civility and mutual understanding?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    There will be no healing until the infection is ruthlessly purged from the system.
    I don't live in the USA but I care about it not becoming a fascist country. Play time is over and you're completely right. I am rooting for a massive pushback by moderates to cut out the rot and remove it completely. I am really worried it's not going to happen but hopefully there are enough people like you to ensure it does!

Dobber Sports Guru

My major fear is that there are others (like that Hawley that's become quite the presence) that have Trump's nationalistic, frightening politics, but are more polished--no stupid covfefe tweets, no childish name-calling, etc.. That's dangerous. I'm still amazed at how many people could justify their Trump votes even though they felt he wasn't a good example/leader--they ignored his name-calling, his sexist statements, inability to speak against overtly racist groups because he "wasn't a politician". Even more dangerous are the next wave that share his beliefs but are smart enough to not make his many obvious missteps and are politicians.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

No, kind sir. I was for civility before you were. My next door neighbor is very much a “left-progressive” (words he uses), and he and I can have discussions about policy without either one yelling, or being threatened. Is the only response to the (admitted) intolerance of Donald Trump, that there’s pay-back intolerance?

Extremist groups are wrong. The Capitol invaders should go to jail. But a “coup?” The impeachment talk about Trump started before his inauguration, but that was ok. Oh. There are plenty of moderates on both political sides - I hope Biden shows he’s one of them.

Dobber Sports Stud

No, kind sir. I was for civility before you were. My next door neighbor is very much a “left-progressive” (words he uses), and he and I can have discussions about policy without either one yelling, or being threatened. Is the only response to the (admitted) intolerance of Donald Trump, that there’s pay-back intolerance?

Extremist groups are wrong. The Capitol invaders should go to jail. But a “coup?” The impeachment talk about Trump started before his inauguration, but that was ok. Oh. There are plenty of moderates on both political sides - I hope Biden shows he’s one of them.
    I agree and I am sure most would agree that extremists are wrong.. But what exactly are you afraid of with a progressive agenda?
    Im still waiting for that caravan of illegals coming from Guatemala..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Stud

What am I afraid of... has little to do with the progressive agenda. It’s various rights and freedoms. It’s how some high school girl can’t go to college because if something she posted years ago, BUT Virginia Governor Northam can have pictures of himself in “blackface” with no consequences. It’s how people can be accused of gang rape by Michael Avenatti, just to achieve a political agenda. It’s how election laws can be, and have been, changed - no, not just against Trump but also to keep Bernie Sanders from winning (both sides).

And “rights.” Healthcare, which I DO know something about - do you have the right to everything? People smoke 2 packs a day, drink and drive, and are 100 lb overweight, and we DO take care of them!! But the absolute entitlement that people feel?? Not ok.

I believe that people who try, who work, who advance themselves - these people should have more benefit than the 26yr old who’s “disabled” by SO MANY excuses. And they STOP trying, because the hand-outs exceed what they used to earn.

Personally? I’m afraid that intolerance grows, and neighbors shoot neighbors to get their TV set. Crazy? Look at the looting this past summer. Yeah it was stores then, but people were shot. Spit into their faces. Economically wiped out (it wasn’t just big chain stores). And places boarded up.

That.

Dobber Sports Star

What am I afraid of... has little to do with the progressive agenda. It’s various rights and freedoms. It’s how some high school girl can’t go to college because if something she posted years ago, BUT Virginia Governor Northam can have pictures of himself in “blackface” with no consequences. It’s how people can be accused of gang rape by Michael Avenatti, just to achieve a political agenda. It’s how election laws can be, and have been, changed - no, not just against Trump but also to keep Bernie Sanders from winning (both sides).

And “rights.” Healthcare, which I DO know something about - do you have the right to everything? People smoke 2 packs a day, drink and drive, and are 100 lb overweight, and we DO take care of them!! But the absolute entitlement that people feel?? Not ok.

I believe that people who try, who work, who advance themselves - these people should have more benefit than the 26yr old who’s “disabled” by SO MANY excuses. And they STOP trying, because the hand-outs exceed what they used to earn.

Personally? I’m afraid that intolerance grows, and neighbors shoot neighbors to get their TV set. Crazy? Look at the looting this past summer. Yeah it was stores then, but people were shot. Spit into their faces. Economically wiped out (it wasn’t just big chain stores). And places boarded up.

That.
    It’s a dangerous precedent when you suggest that healthcare will be provided if it’s not your fault, but if you are overweight or smoke, we won’t cover you. It’s no secret that the US has had a system in place for years to encourage addiction and bad habits to create customers, not patients. Many people have gotten rich off of the broken health system in the US. Fresh fruits and vegetables and meat is expensive. Soda, potato chips and Mac and cheese is cheap. Many families can’t afford to eat well. This is a system which encouraged people to smoke or eat absurd amounts of sugar and simple carbs. Now that the plan worked, it’s time to turn your back on these people? Sorry man, that is a backwards way to solve a much bigger problem. Fix the broken food system. Fix the broken pharmaceutical system. Too many people get rich off of other’s misfortune. Greed is the problem.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    It’s a dangerous precedent when you suggest that healthcare will be provided if it’s not your fault, but if you are overweight or smoke, we won’t cover you. It’s no secret that the US has had a system in place for years to encourage addiction and bad habits to create customers, not patients. Many people have gotten rich off of the broken health system in the US. Fresh fruits and vegetables and meat is expensive. Soda, potato chips and Mac and cheese is cheap. Many families can’t afford to eat well. This is a system which encouraged people to smoke or eat absurd amounts of sugar and simple carbs. Now that the plan worked, it’s time to turn your back on these people? Sorry man, that is a backwards way to solve a much bigger problem. Fix the broken food system. Fix the broken pharmaceutical system. Too many people get rich off of other’s misfortune. Greed is the problem.

Rylant
    Excellent points Rylant.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Rylant
    No, no - I don’t mind caring for patients, and I DO care, regardless of insurance, race, gender, or immigration status.

My issue is the “demanding.” You obviously don’t see that part. I do. “I want an MRI,” when it’s not necessary or medically justified. “I’ll just go to the ER - because then my test doesn’t need to be pre-certified...”. Playing the system. Not a political thing at all, except by the attitude.

Medicine HAS been a part of the political picture - Trump disses Fauci, Fauci starts weighing in his opinion on the economy. The vaccine roll-out, as well. I’ve been very disappointed in the scientific and medical community for their inconsistency over this pandemic. Admit what we don’t know.

But we’re getting off track - “progressive agenda,” fine. Paybacks while claiming that revenge will unify us? Maybe not.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rylant
    Well said.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson