Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trump's twitter account permanently supspended.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Trump's twitter account permanently supspended.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It's all fine when it's someone a lot of people dislike/hate strongly like Trump, but where does it stop? Censorship never stops with just one. Next will be anyone associated with Trump, then it will go from there until 74 million people who voted for him no longer have a public voice. Interesting times are coming.
    Nah. Only those that use these platforms to incite violence, racism, pedophilia and insurrection.

Like Axe said, they can go outside and tell anyone that will listen to them. Twitter and others have to have some responsibility.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    His speech isn't suppressed. He's allowed to say whatever he wants. He can walk outside and blabber to anyone who will listen.

Twitter has determined they don't want him on THEIR platform anymore. That's not taking away his ability to speak at all. That's a private company making a decision as to what's best for their company. Just like Dobber can ban members here, it's their choice.

For your reading pleasure:

https://www.wyff4.com/article/fact-c...anies/35167204
    Could not have said it better myself. Twitter etc. are allowed to set standards. Free speech is not absolute. Inciting a riot happens to be one limitation on free speech.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I also think free speech can't be absolute because other human rights have to be accounted for and that can lead to the need of censoring someone when they are promulgating violence (for example). People shouldn't be able to encourage violence or slander anyone they don't like and then hide behind the pretense of free speech. I know it's a really big deal especially in the US, but stopping someone from actively promoting violence and harm toward others is a totally valid cause for censorship in my opinion. It's possible to express a contrary opinion without encouraging people to storm the capitol armed with guns.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Master

As it happens with everything, there are limits. You can't yell FIRE in a movie theater. You can't call 911 and tell them there is a bomb in the subway. You cant just say whatever you want. Axe said it well in terms of Twitters obligations, they are not duty bound to provide Trump with a platform to call for a civil war. Get a ****ing grip people. "Yer infringing on my rights!!!!"

Dobber Sports Master

can he realistically be impeached between now and when biden officially takes over ?

that doesnt seem like enough time

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    can he realistically be impeached between now and when biden officially takes over ?

that doesnt seem like enough time
    Not sure, but I think that they want to impeach him so he cannot work in the public fonction anymore
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Not sure, but I think that they want to impeach him so he cannot work in the public fonction anymore
    yeah I guess he'd lose secret service lifetime detail , 200 k pension and inability to run in 2024

Dobber Sports Stud

This truly has become simple. If (yes, IF) the Democrats now in power can govern successfully and maybe do it for ALL (ok, maybe not Donald...), then we’re all better off. But what if the Democrats turn out to be just as one-sided as Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

This truly has become simple. If (yes, IF) the Democrats now in power can govern successfully and maybe do it for ALL (ok, maybe not Donald...), then we’re all better off. But what if the Democrats turn out to be just as one-sided as Trump?
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They will fulfil their agenda with America, Americans and the Constitution in mind. Trump tried to fulfil his agenda with only himself in mind.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Biden really seems to be reaching across the isle. I can't imagine any Democratic challenger who was better suited to working with Republicans than Ol' Joe.

He is by no means perfect, lol, but he really could be a good fit for this moment in history.

Some here will say he is too middle of the road, too "old school". I get that. But for right now I think middle of the road, with a strong ability to work across the isle, this is the best prescription to help put America back together.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Well DeAngelo just went on the trade block for one of my teams:

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2021...w-york-rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Biden really seems to be reaching across the isle. I can't imagine any Democratic challenger who was better suited to working with Republicans than Ol' Joe. He is by no means perfect, lol, but he really could be a good fit for this moment in history. Some here will say he is too middle of the road, too "old school". I get that. But for right now I think middle of the road with an ability to work across the isle is what America needs to help itself heal.
    agreed. After he packs the court, gets us back into the Paris Accord, eliminates student debt, bans assault rifles, takes care of the DACA dreamers, takes down that ridiculous wall he is building, pases the Green New Deal.. Im sure i have forgotten a few...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Pro

People get banned from Twitter all the time, why should Trump be any different. Social medium platforms have rules if you break them you are punted. Trump is also a criminal.
    Trump has been trying to tear down the media his whole term.
    Chances are they let him back on a couple months after the transition of power. I have seen this on twitter with other users, permanently banned and then two weeks later they are back on the site.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    agreed. After he packs the court, gets us back into the Paris Accord, eliminates student debt, bans assault rifles, takes care of the DACA dreamers, takes down that ridiculous wall he is building, pases the Green New Deal.. Im sure i have forgotten a few...
    The idea that there is any "working with" people who brought bombs to the Capitol is so insane to me.

What should happen is to lock people up, change laws, and fix things. Your list is a very good start for sure - but if very important people are not in jail over what happened then this will only ebolden people even more and we will see things happen again, though likely much worse.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The idea that there is any "working with" people who brought bombs to the Capitol is so insane to me.

What should happen is to lock people up, change laws, and fix things. Your list is a very good start for sure - but if very important people are not in jail over what happened then this will only ebolden people even more and we will see things happen again, though likely much worse.
    Oh yay, super successful California governance country wide. Can't wait to see how well that works. I'm sure it won't affect people's taxes or quality of life when there are no barriers to entry into the country. I suppose I would get on board if the politicians build homeless shelters and low income housing in their own neighbourhoods.