Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Trump's twitter account permanently supspended.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trump's twitter account permanently supspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    "Not a political thing at all, except by the attitude."

"Paybacks while claiming that revenge will unify us?"
    Dr.Brad, I've read many of your non-hockey/fantasy posts over the past many months, but your numerous arguments and opinions are confusing to me (and maybe others). You might have a cohesion of thought from your brain to the keyboard but do the above statements really make any sense to you? I'm a reasonably intelligent person but I cannot decipher half the things you intend to say, so the effect of whatever message you want to convey is lost...

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    He is tainted goods to me now. This is worse than owning Tim Thomas 10 years ago. I'm very diligent in keeping the deplorables and Calgary Flames off my fantasy rosters.
    I just shipped him out for Ekblad and Hoglander. I dont employ Nazis.

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess I try to deflect the hatred I hear, but not always with the best reasoning or examples. So I’ll stop. I do hope that the new government is for everyone - I guess we’ll all see.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I just shipped him out for Ekblad and Hoglander. I dont employ Nazis.
    Straight up for those 2 guys? If so, good trade.

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess I try to deflect the hatred I hear, but not always with the best reasoning or examples. So I’ll stop. I do hope that the new government is for everyone - I guess we’ll all see.
    I wished that for the past 4 yrs... I hope Merrick Garland goes friggin off.....

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports All-Star

I do hope that the new government is for everyone - I guess we’ll all see.
    I gotta say I find this statement a bit surprising. We all know the Trump administration was not for everyone. They didn't even pretend to be. Trump took care of his own and the rest of the country could go pound dirt.

Seems a bit odd that you want an inclusive government that works for everyone now...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Star

I do hope that the new government is for everyone - I guess we’ll all see.
    It's never gong to be for everyone, but hopefully this time around (or at least some time soon) it can be for the vast majority that actually needs it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It's all fine when it's someone a lot of people dislike/hate strongly like Trump, but where does it stop? Censorship never stops with just one. Next will be anyone associated with Trump, then it will go from there until 74 million people who voted for him no longer have a public voice. Interesting times are coming.
    And that’s fine. It’s a private company.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I gotta say I find this statement a bit surprising. We all know the Trump administration was not for everyone. They didn't even pretend to be. Trump took care of his own and the rest of the country could go pound dirt.

Seems a bit odd that you want an inclusive government that works for everyone now...
    It’s not surprising. It’s the Republican playbook.

Dobber Sports Titan

My favourite part of this is he used the POTUS account to tweet he wants to make his own platform so he doesn't get banned. Then Twitter 'deleted' his POTUS account.

For future though this is good for the general public. He won't be out there saying his agenda as much as he has for 4yrs. He'll still get his people listening, but the audience won't be as high.

I'm also a little pissed at Twitter for waiting this long, but they did that because he's no longer the President (in a few days) so he can't put the weird pressure he does on companies for no reason like he did with TikTok.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

About time he get suspended!

Dobber Sports Padawan

The President of the United States is not able to use some social media platforms anymore because he violated their terms of service. That is not alarming and it's pretty normal, frankly. Were you making these censorship arguments for Big Ev when he got the boot from the dobber forums?

As for censorship, this guy literally has one of the biggest platforms in the world available to get his message out. He can call a press conference at any time and get international press coverage. He won't, because he is afraid of questions, so instead he is relying on statements posted to the White House website and recorded video statements. He is being heard and will continue to be heard by those that want to listen to him. Which hopefully is not many at this point. That's more than you or I will ever have. He remains free to say whatever he wants.

Personally I am done with Republicans at this point. I've watched the FOX News effect take the US down this path for 20 years and it was not hard to see coming. The FBI was warning about over a decade ago. "A government for everyone"? Where was this hand-wringing when Mitch McConnell let 4 years of legislation sit on his desk gathering dust? There are 400 bills just sitting there, going nowhere. People have moved in to an alternate reality that even some senators and congresspeople are now part of. They are welcome to come back and can join the fold when they are ready, but not while pretending that the election was stolen and Hilary Clinton runs a child abuse ring in a pizza restaurant basement. I see no reason at all why any government should entertain that dangerous lunacy.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

But a “coup?” The impeachment talk about Trump started before his inauguration
    For the record, yes, it was a coup attempt. Trump has been aggressively fostering the idea that the election was "stolen" from him, which is an attempt to undermine the democratic process and certified, transparent election results. They were literally and explicitly trying to overturn a democratic election. His cadre of Republican lackeys do nothing about it. Even the ones that speak up do nothing when putsch comes to shove. Republicans were with him and some even challenged the results during the vote counting, based on nothing.

He held a rally called "Stop the Steal," where he and Giuliani used at times violent rhetoric to rile up a mob of armed, body-armored followers that included Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, and told them to march up to the Capitol during the counting of votes. Some brought flex cuffs. Some brought bottles of homemade napalm. Some brought pipe bombs, tasers, guns. They threatened cops, even killed one. Trump held back National Guard assistance to the Capitol during the siege. Other Republicans literally joined the siege, or gave them the "fist bump" in solidarity.

I am sure I do not need to remind anyone that not long ago an attempt was made to kidnap the Democratic governor of Michigan. I am sure I do not need to remind anyone that the FBI has put out warnings about extreme right wing terrorist groups and the threats they pose. Republicans knew, and did nothing.

If you can think of a better term that "coup", I'm all ears.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko