Thread: FA market

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default FA market

Hey all! For my new dynasty league, we have decided to open the FA market. We decided to do random draft order to start and I got first oa. We have a total of 3 FA picks for the whole season. Bolded players would be my pro team, leaving me with $4,86M left in cap space.

Looking for advice on who I could pick up out of the following players. Keep in mind I drafted to win now and have a bunch of contracts that will expire at season's end. :

Sergachev
    Dunn
    Grzelcyk
    D. Toews
    Walker
    Perunovich
    Buchnevich
    Vrana

I think my weakness is on defense, so I'm looking at picking up Sergachev at $4,8$ which would push me right against the cap.

6 Teams - Cap Dynasty weekly H2H counting G, P, Pts, +/-, Sv%
    Start 20 (12F, 6D, 2G) - Pro team between 20 ad 25 players

F: Draisaitl, Zibanejad, Panarin, Svechnikov, Guentzel, Konecny, Connor, Fiala, Bjorkstrand, Yamamoto, Garland, Beauvillier, Texier, Kyrou, Turcotte, Rossi, Lundell, Bourque, Brisson, Gunler, Krebs, Tomasimo, Podkolzen

D: Carlson, Fox, Hronek, Gustafsson, Valimaki, Brannstrom, Ty Smith, Marino, Merkley

G: Grubauer, Francouz, Petersen

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: FA market

Maybe if I make it easier?

Is Segachev worth his 4,8M to roster on my team? (Edmonton Oilers)
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would prefer Vrana in your situation. He's cheaper, and far bigger upgrade over your worst bolded forward. Yes he's a RFA at the end of the year.

However, you do only have 6 bolded defenders, and ideally I'd want 7 starting 6. However, you'd have some cap left to grab a 7th D if you took Vrana, and maybe Kyrou could get demoted.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I would prefer Vrana in your situation. He's cheaper, and far bigger upgrade over your worst bolded forward. Yes he's a RFA at the end of the year.

However, you do only have 6 bolded defenders, and ideally I'd want 7 starting 6. However, you'd have some cap left to grab a 7th D if you took Vrana, and maybe Kyrou could get demoted.
    Thanks for your input stevegamer. By the time you had replied I had already handed in my pick and went with Sergachev. I did think about adding Vrana (reason being on my list), but ultimately decided to add more firepower on my defense and in the process getting a player with a reasonable cap for a few years.

At forward position my 2 weakest PRO players are most likely Texier and Kyrou, but they'll be mostly fill-ins in case of injuries. So I would compare Vrana's production more against those of Garland or Beauvillier if I had added him. It would have been a pretty good depth move for my forwards but would have been yet another contract I'd need to replace next year. Sergachev will most likely take the spot of either Marino, Gustafsson or Valimaki as a starter each week.

Again thanks for the input it's always appreciated. Not able to add rep as you are one of the most frequent repliers on my posts and added some not long ago.