Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Dobber Entry Patrick League

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2021 Dobber Entry Patrick League

Thanks for opening this chat. Finnish Flash (Jake) here. I have very mixed feelings about my drafting...Some picks I loved, but several times my queue of 2 or 3 players emptied in the picks leading up, leaving me scrambling as this was my only draft this year, and it was a bit of a last minute choice to join after a long time league I was in folded.

Since, why not - here is a brief summary of my draft:

1(3) - Draisaitl
    Felt like a no-brainer here

2(18) - Hellebuyck
    Figured he would be sure-fire starter, and not many situations like this. Hindsight has me feeling I should have waited and took Matthew Tkachuk here.

3(23) - B. Tkachuk
    Bit of a reach, but I love the multi-cat possibilities here...and having missed out on Matthew, I was happy to take him. He will have great opportunities with Ott.

4(38) - Wheeler
    Happy he is still there for me, but I definitely was hoping for Makar at this spot. The long stretch between picks is feeling rough already.

5(43) - Stone
    Very happy to grab him here, and feeling good again. He may be my favourite player.

6(58) - Q. Hughes
    Excited to grab who I think has a great chance to be top-scoring d-man.

7(63) - Giroux
    Giroux felt like a bit more of a sure thing than others I was considering, and multi-position options helped.

8(78) - Hoffman
    I felt like he would be set up to have a great opportunity in St. Louis, and I wanted Goals here.

9(83) - Jarry
    Although it's not looking great early, I felt like this would make my team have perhaps the best Goalies, and giving me a great shot at winning 3/9 categories.

10(98) - Couturier
    Had lots of options here, and thinking back after the draft - I think this is where I needed to start thinking of more defense support.

11(103) - Lee
    Felt like this was a great pick, and I am still happy about this one.

12(118) - Ristolainen
    Went with him as he had a bit of scoring while also should have higher hits...this one hurt. I really wanted any of Chabot, Provorov, Sergachev, or Klingberg, but they all went right before me. I was scrambling, and hopefully he does OK, but I doubt anywhere near any of those other guys.

13(123) - Ellis
    Felt the need to shore up defense a bit here as I was still scrambling after all my defense queue was grabbed.

14(138) - Stuetzle
    Figured why not, here. I wanted to make sure I got him in this league. He is just so fun to watch...definitely a heart pick.

15(143) - Oshie
    Another vet who (hopefully stays healthy) and has potential to fill scoresheet in many cats.

16(158) - Dadanov
    Should have lots of opportunity in Ottawa. Today's perspective has me a bit worried, but hope he comes around.

17(163) - Parayko
    Still unhappy about my d-core. Now looking to ensure I add defenders who will shoot and hit, with a little scoring.

18(178) - Slavin
    Another somewhat balanced defender. At this point, I am very thankful I at least grabbed Hughes early...not liking my d-core.

19(183) - Coleman
    Hoping he gets a little bump in opportunity, but like his secondary stats. Hindsight says I should have taken Jack Hughes here.

20(198) - Cirelli
    Another TB player who may have a chance to shine. Was happy to grab him.

21(203) - Stastny
    Figured he may do well pairing with Laine early, but still not too happy with this choice. Time will tell.

22(218) - Schmidt
    Maybe the dman I was second happiest about getting, after Hughes (with consideration of where we are in draft at this point).

23(223) - Holtby
    Why not take a flyer, and hope he catches fire in Van? This could turn out to be a great value pick at this point.

24(238) - Georgiev
    Surprised he is still there at this point, as he has a real chance to take the majority of the starts in NY.

25(243) - Chara
    Why not? Maybe he has something left in the tank. At least he will shoot and get hits.

Looking forward to a fun season. I am still working out FAB details as I haven't used this system lots.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Love the Chara pick.

As for faab I believe they are locked again after the bidding completes. So you have to make the appropriate bids.

The Great One

FA bids all process late Sunday into Mon morning. 12am PST or there abouts. Only once a week. It acts as a nice leveler between guys who have time to check fantasy hockey a few times a week and guys who are looking at it every 10 mins. Your $100 budget is it for the year. If no one else claims a player you put a claim in on you win. It’ll cost you your bid ($0 to whatever you have available). If someone else claims him the person with the higher bid gets him. If you both bid the same amount the GM with the higher waiver priority gets him. The high bids pop up for goalies usually. Say Samsonov had a season ending injury today...Vanecek would be fetching some really high bids for this weeks FA bid. I hope that helps.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Wolverine

Tweetdrivr explained it well.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    If you both bid the same amount the GM with the higher waiver priority gets him.
    One small point to add here - if this happens, the person winning the equal bid will have its waiver priority reset to the bottom, in the same way it would if you used standard waivers, and everyone else's will move up.

The Great One

Thank you Brandon. Great point.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the help guys!

Now, hopefully I make the bids to get all the players you want.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
    Thanks for the help guys!

Now, hopefully I make the bids to get all the players you want.

Cheers!
    Bring it!! I'll be ready.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't think I've ever added 4 such mediocre players. I just need bodies right now. Getting killed but at least I'm way down in the GP count as well.

Dobber Sports Guru

I added Killorn and Rasmus Andersson. Wanted to get a couple of guys who were on the top power-play unit. Figured they would be the best bets this early in the season.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

Biiiiiiiiiiiig win for Koskinen!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Biiiiiiiiiiiig win for Koskinen!
    Sun shines on a dogs ass now and then...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Things are looking up for HR. Now if only Florida could play some games.

Dobber Sports Immortal

But if Pasta comes back this week that would be HUGE.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Waiting patiently for Pasta confirmation.....

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not sure why I keep benching goalies. It's going against exactly what I tell everyone on here not to do. UGH