Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Dobber Pro Campbell League

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2021 Dobber Pro Campbell League

Welcome to the 2021 Dobber Pro Campbell League!

This thread is created to enable managers (and even some non-managers) to chat about the league in general, the draft, teams and even smack talk.

The one request is that any league questions/issues remain on the league board.

A reminder of the settings:

Yahoo, One-year, Rotisserie
    Daily lineups, Weekly FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
    No maximum moves/trades, Same day processing
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,W,GAA,SV
    4C,4L,4R,6D,2G,5BN,1IR,2IR+

The live draft is set for Thursday, January 7th at 9:00 pm Eastern.

Here is the draft order: TBD

I'll update with the draft results as soon as possible.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 2021 Dobber Pro Campbell League

Draft results

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Draft results 2

The Great One

Does the draft as scheduled work for everyone? Seems a bit late for you east coast folks. Any suggestions for a time/date that might work better?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am open to any time you want. I'm not drafting. I would say that even moving it into the weekend or next week may be helpful.

The Great One

Cool - I’m hoping for some input from other members of the league.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Good luck to all the managers tonight, see you on the boards (btw, do we have any ringers in this one?)

Dobber Sports Icon

Great draft last night guys. Looking forward to the season.

My team is friggin stacked! *checks calendar* Wait! What do you mean it isn’t the year 2015?!?

The Great One

Yes - good stuff. I'll be very curious to see how this goes. It'll be interesting to see just how bad Yahoo's projections are. I didn't look at the projected standings until after the draft...all I noticed was T-Bone on top with 77.5 projected points and me dead last with 29. I really, aside from Price, left the goaltending out until the end. Otherwise I was really happy with my draft. So we'll see...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

The Great One

Speaking of my draft - Here are my picks. Overall I'm very pleased although, as mentioned in my previous post, Yahoo projections were not impressed.

1. (3) Brady Tkachuk LW I picked 3rd overall. I would have taken McDavid or Mackinnon, but they were 1,2 so I went for the best all rounder.

2. (22) Elias Pettersson C Surprised he was here. Lovely.

3. (27) Patrik Laine LW,RW Hits, shots, goals, Stastny back. What's not to love?

4. (46) Evander Kane LW Multicat stud.

5. (51) Carey Price G My one bona fide starter. I didn't take another goalie until rd 22.

6. (70) Brayden Schenn C,RW Top line, multicat, done.

7. (75) Travis Konecny RW

8. (94) Brock Boeser RW no Toffoli, bounce back candidate

9. (99) Josh Anderson RW Habs homer pick - multicat.

10. (118) Thomas Chabot D First D for me. A lot of D went quite a bit earlier than I expected. Looking for later round gems...

11. (123) Aaron Ekblad D Yandle appears to be toast.

12. (142) Sean Monahan C Another guy who should rebound really nicely.

13. (147) Jakub Vrana LW Should be about time for this guy to really take off.

14. (166) Filip Hronek D +/- a little concerning. I hate the stat, but it's here.

15. (171) Colton Parayko D Solid - about right for the spot I took him.

16. (190) Tyler Bertuzzi LW,RW Love this pick here.

17. (195) Alexander Romanov D Homer Reach. I'm going to love watching this guy play. Currently running PP2 and should give good hit totals.

18. (214) Kaapo Kakko RW So much potential. Great young Rangers team. C'mon Kakko - reward my optimism.

19. (219) John Marino D Was really surprised he fell to this spot. I almost took him in the 18th but felt Kakko was less likely to fall.

20. (238) Jack Hughes C,LW Maybe a year too early...but I doubt it.

21. (243) Connor Murphy D Probably another reach - decidedly un-sexy pick but good broad cat coverage in a spare D.

22. (262) Ville Husso G

23. (267) Kaapo Kahkonen G

24. (286) Alexandar Georgiev G

25. (291) Jake Oettinger G Goalies - Sooooo many unknows with splits/injuries/implosions so I took 4 of the best young backups avaialable.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

For the second year in a row, I found myself drafting 11th, not a spot I'm fond of, but hey, that's what I got! Let's see how it went. By the way, as a Cleveland Browns fan, I was mightily distracted for at least 4 or 5 of my picks, oh well!

1. (11) - Patrick Kane (RW) Had him 6th in my rankings, so happy to got him there. Would've loved for Panarin or even Matthews to drop but that was just a dream. Kane will get me plenty of offense and shots but he'll cost me a little in hits and +/-.

2. (14) - Roman Josi (D) I debated going with Svechnikov and, in hindsight, I think I should've. But Hedman went at 13th and I really believe in having a top D. I knew there wouldn't be any of the top 4 (Hedman/Josi/Hamilton/Carlson) left for me in the 3rd round so, glad to have Josi on my team.

3. (35) - Brayden Point (C) I know he doesn't hit but, to me, it made no sense for him to still be on the board at 35. He'll score a bunch, have a great +/-, will rack up PPPs and should shoot more with no Kucherov around this year. I'll need to get hits elsewhere but man, I love the offense so far.

4. (38) - J.T. Miller (LW, RW) Thought about Carter Hart but I'm not as sold on him as many. Miller is solid all-around even if he starts the year on IR+ for me.

5. (59) - Petr Mrazek (G) I was pissed here because I truly believed Brendan Gallagher would slide to me here. I've been overdrafting him for years (compared to his ADP) and always reaped the benefits and he's my favorite player so to see him picked early in the round flustered me. I went goalie and Mrazek was the top left on my list. Go Canes, I guess.

6. (62) - Johnny Gaudreau (LW, RW) Call me team 'no hits'. Again, he'll kill me in one category but since I was already heading down that road, I thought I'd double down. He's a year removed from a legitimate MVP case and if he bounces back, he'll be drafted in the top 3 rounds next year for sure.

7. (83) - Jonathan Marchessault (C, LW) He's terrific in this format. He'll shoot, hit and give me a good +/-. If he can score over 40 points, I'll be very happy.

8. (86) - John Gibson (G) Taking a chance on his upside here. The goalies left were either high-end backups or low-end starters and he has the highest upside of the bunch. At worst, he'll get me a lot of saves.

9. (107) - Miro Heiskanen (D) I believe what we saw in the playoffs is the beginning of things to come. He certainly won't score at a PPG pace but I think he overtakes Klingberg as the best offensive D on this team. Very happy to have him.

10. (110) - Anthony Mantha (LW, RW) He was a beast last year before going down to injury. The Wings will be slightly better and I think he's a rising star. I had him at 51st in my rankings. Getting him here felt like great value.

11. (131) - Anze Kopitar (C) Not stoked about having Kopitar because I already have a lot of offense and he doesn't offer much in peripherals but hoping for a rebound season.

12. (134) - Juuse Saros (G) Wanted a third starting goalie. Was between him, Varlamov and Talbot. Varlamov has the toughest division and strong competition for starts. Talbot has a weak division but I feel he's also the worst of these three goalies. So I went with Saros.

13. (155) - Cam Atkinson (RW) - Should be a rebound year for him. And he'll give me lots of shots.

14. (158) - PK Subban (D) - I was debating him and Doughty. Already had Kopitar as a King and didn't want to double down. I think last year was terrible for him but the pendulum has swung too far the other way for his fantasy value. Might end up looking like my worst pick but I feel OK about it.

15. (179) - Dustin Brown (RW) - I guess I did go with a second King. But Brown still shoots and hits plenty, so fine.

16. (182) - Nick Suzuki (C, RW) - I have to have a Habs on my team, just for fun purposes but Suzuki should be much more than that. Had him 105th on my board so glad to pick him here. Hoping for no sophomore slump.

17. (203) - Dmitry Orlov (D) - Meh, I was really uninspired by the defensemen left on the board. Orlov is going to be OK, I guess.

18. (206) - Philip Danault (C) - I guess I'll go with the Habs top two centers. Plus, he racks up a surprising amount of hits.

19. (227) - Devon Toews (D) - Would've drafted him earlier but didn't see him on my board. I think he's a much better real life defenseman than fantasy but I think he'll put up more stats in Colorado than he did in Long Island.

20. (230) - Kevin Shattenkirk (D) - I was having fun tracking Ducks players because, at some point, I had Rakell, Henrique and Getzlaf atop my board and nobody wanted them (me included). Rakell was the first Duck drafted in round 16 (skater, I mean) and that's a little sad! I guess Shattenkirk is their PPQB so, in the 20th round, that's good value.

21. (251) - Pekka Rinne (G) - Wanted a full tandem and Reimer was drafted earlier. Miller should stay on the wire and I'll be able to pick him up eventually if I want to. So went with Rinne, who still has an outside shot at a significant role on his team.

22. (254) - Frank Vatrano (LW, RW) - Was looking for hits at this point and Vatrano is good for that while also providing shots and goals. So, yeah.

23. (275) - Dominik Kahun (LW, RW) - Love the upside here. Playing with Draisaitl, German connection and everything.

24. (278) - Shayne Gostisbehere (D) - What a fall from grace. I'm stashing him on IR+ right now, since he's not ready to start the season, but who knows if he'll be able to rebound.

25. (299) - Chandler Stephenson (C, LW) - There's worse things in the world than playing with Stone and Pacioretty. If Stephenson can hold that spot, maybe he'll have a breakout year.

And by that point, I couldn't care less because we were beating the Steelers and my whole focus was on football!

Good luck to everyone and can't wait for tonight!

The Great One

A couple of trades have occured in the last few weeks...

on 12 Jan:

Sami Vatanen NJ - D
    Thatcher Demko Van - G

Traded to Guelph Space

Aaron Ekblad Fla - D
    Alexandar Georgiev NYR - G

Traded to A-Team

on 26 Jan:

Evander Kane SJ - LW
    Thomas Chabot Ott - D

Traded to wassink's Team

Joel Eriksson Ek Min - C
    Jeff Petry Mon - D

Traded to Guelph Space
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Might need to make a few trades as well, I've had a terrible start and sit in last place by a mile.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Might need to make a few trades as well, I've had a terrible start and sit in last place by a mile.
    Did I...did I just motivate my fantasy team with my threat to make trades? Two days later and I sit 6th, three points out of 2nd place. I should be a real GM! Give me an NHL job, right now!

The Great One

Call the Pens!!

- - - Updated - - -

It was probably more the actual trade offer I sent that you rejected that motivated them...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: