Thread: Inaugural draft keeper league- tank 1st season and draft Kucherov 6th overall ?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Inaugural draft keeper league- tank 1st season and draft Kucherov 6th overall ?

League info

8 teams, 30 players, keep 12
    We use AAV, 81.5 M$ cap
    Points only, goalies : 2 points for win + 2 points for SO + 1 point for OTL
    Dress 12F, 6D, 2G, 10 bench, no position requirements for FW
    Weekly lineup change

It's a snake draft, so I pick 3rd in the second round, 6th in the 3rd round, etc.

1) Since covid will make 2020-21 very strange (injuries, positives tests, etc.), I'm thinking about ignoring the 1st season and build for 2021-2022. Since Kucherov will miss the entire year, I think I can grab him 6th overall...would you do it ?

2) Is it safe to push the limit and wait for the 11th overall pick ?

3) If I don't pick Kucherov, who would be your top 3 choices among these ?

Marchand (best value at 100 points + 5 years leaft, but how many years left at the top ?)
    Huberdeau (cheap contract for 3 years, weaker short term but better long term)
    Crosby (reliable, ok contract for 5 years, how many years till decline ?)
    Pettersson (gamble on pontential and hope for bridge contract)

Morgan Rielly (best value for 65 points + 2 years left)
    Cale Makar / Quinn Hugues (best value 1st year, hope for bridge contract)
    Shea Theodore (5 M $ for 5 years = best value for 55 points)

Vasilevsky (9.5 M$ but for 90-100 points per year)
    Hellyebuck (only tier1 goalie on cheap contract for long term)

Thanks for helping out !

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Inaugural draft keeper league- tank 1st season and draft Kucherov 6th overall ?

I would probably grab one of Hubs or Marchand at 6 - I wouldn't take Kuch there. Kuch may slide to your pick in the second round actually with no one wanting that lost season. At that point you grab him and you could still be competitive this year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Inaugural draft keeper league- tank 1st season and draft Kucherov 6th overall ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would probably grab one of Hubs or Marchand at 6 - I wouldn't take Kuch there. Kuch may slide to your pick in the second round actually with no one wanting that lost season. At that point you grab him and you could still be competitive this year.
    I agree with this line of thinking. YOu can get a good player at 6, and then if he's there in round 2, make your move.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.