Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubois rumblings from LeBrun

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Dubois rumblings from LeBrun

Is PLD really the issue?

We all know Torts has an expiry date. TB, NYR Va- (wasn't there long enough to type the abbreviation) now CBJ.

It's one of those situations where you'd love to be a fly on the wall to see whether Torts has lost the room or if this is limited to PLD.
    If it's not limited to PLD. trading him become a mistake.
    I don't see how Columbus gets a proper return that keeps them a playoff team moving forward.

What's Gallant up to these days?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Is PLD really the issue?

We all know Torts has an expiry date. TB, NYR Va- (wasn't there long enough to type the abbreviation) now CBJ.

It's one of those situations where you'd love to be a fly on the wall to see whether Torts has lost the room or if this is limited to PLD.
    If it's not limited to PLD. trading him become a mistake.
    I don't see how Columbus gets a proper return that keeps them a playoff team moving forward.

What's Gallant up to these days?
    Ya, I brought up Torts shelf life earlier in the thread. However, if I'm CBJ management, who knows it's hard for top FA to stick in CBJ, I'm pretty nervous at letting Torts go. He brings the most out of undertalented teams.

Interesting to see how this goes. I doubt it ends up like Harden forcing himself out of Houston, but more like Duchene wanting out, but not being a dick about it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

Under 4 mins tonight? Not seeing an injury note anyone seeing anything?

Benched? Pulled for a trade?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Benched.

This is ridiculous now. They have to trade him. Dubois is not even trying anymore and Tots is not even hiding his anger at him.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

Just embarrassing.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That lack of " puck battle " from Dubois was disgusting.
    If I am the GM I healthy scratch his ass for as long as I want to, why play him, he's not trying.

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Benched.

This is ridiculous now. They have to trade him. Dubois is not even trying anymore and Tots is not even hiding his anger at him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post
    That lack of " puck battle " from Dubois was disgusting.
    If I am the GM I healthy scratch his ass for as long as I want to, why play him, he's not trying.
    I feel like the more time you wait to trade him the least the value. The other tem is going to know you can't play him anymore
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't understand how management doesn't step in here and tell Torts to play the kid. Unbelievable.
    . "I really don't make decisions as far as minutes. It's up to the player to show me," Tortorella said postgame, per Fox Sports Columbus. "If there's one thing I'm pretty easy to read on is the minutes. You're going to get out there if you play the proper way. ... The onus is on the player. And it's on all players - not just the player we're talking about here that sat. It's all the players. I'm not a hard guy to read as far as that's concerned."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I don't understand how management doesn't step in here and tell Torts to play the kid. Unbelievable.
    Because there's a fine line between management and coaching. The management gives the coach the players, the coach is responsible for their on-ice actions. I watched the first period of this game last night, and I dont blame Torts for benching him. I might not have done it for the whole game like he did, but if Dubois doesn't want to engage or battle, you cant blame the coach for doing what he did. Just because he's your star doesn't mean you treat him any differently. If that was Eric Robinson losing puck battles like we saw from Dubois, you can bet his ass would be sitting too.

Tort's job is to win hockey games and if someone doesn't want to put the effort in to help him in that endeavor, he won't, and shouldn't be playing. There's others on that bench who are chomping at the bit to get Dubois' icetime. If PLD doesn't want to chew on the bone, there's others that will.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yea, as much as I'd tend to criticise Torts as a knee-jerk reaction you can watch the video of PLD's last shift here and it becomes tough to argue against sitting the guy.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I feel like the more time you wait to trade him the least the value. The other tem is going to know you can't play him anymore
    But man, his effort does not show good character there. If I am trading for him, you have to be concerned about his character after seeing that effort, my offer would have just dropped. I dont understand why he is suiting up for games, if you are gonna play like that just hold out. That was embarrassing for PLD.

The Great One

I'm not trying to sound sympathetic for multi-million dollar athletes, but without knowing the whole story, it makes me wonder why PLD wants to leave Columbus. Players have no real leverage in these situations. It is easy for me to say that if I were PLD, I'd play my ass off every shift, but if he really wants to leave and the team won't trade him, what else can he do to protest?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

No F’ing way the Habs trade KK or Suzuki now. They work their butts off every shift. I don’t get it, I just don’t. I don’t recall Matt Duchene ever just quitting on the team...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm not trying to sound sympathetic for multi-million dollar athletes, but without knowing the whole story, it makes me wonder why PLD wants to leave Columbus. Players have no real leverage in these situations. It is easy for me to say that if I were PLD, I'd play my ass off every shift, but if he really wants to leave and the team won't trade him, what else can he do to protest?
    He can not report and sit. Lots of players have done that. But if he still wants to get paid, then he should play like it. You cant have it both ways and expect sympathy. Granted, all of this is without knowing the full story, but not looking good.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    No F’ing way the Habs trade KK or Suzuki now. They work their butts off every shift. I don’t get it, I just don’t. I don’t recall Matt Duchene ever just quitting on the team...
    Almost like they never would of traded for Drouin.....oh wait
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster