Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Dubois rumblings from LeBrun

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Dubois rumblings from LeBrun

A very disappointing display of petulance by PLD. A guy who lets down his teammates like that is not someone you want on your team.

Dobber Sports Stud

He killed my TOI cat last night.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post
    He can not report and sit. Lots of players have done that. But if he still wants to get paid, then he should play like it. You cant have it both ways and expect sympathy. Granted, all of this is without knowing the full story, but not looking good.
    oh, I agree. It doesn't look good at all. I just wonder what is really going on, and if his team-mates understand better than we do and perhaps don't judge him quite as harshly as we do. There is something about this team, and perhaps it is Torts alone to blame. I really can't say. But we've seen so many players want out.

I will say this, and this is complete speculation, but there's been a movement recently of "old-school" coaches and antics no longer being tolerated. We saw it with Babcock and numerous other coaches getting fired because of current and past behavior that is no longer tolerable. Mind games. Kicking players on the bench. Abusive and racist language. I know athletes are paid millions, but they still can't be mistreated. It may not be fair to speculate, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Torts is still very "old school" in the way he treats players, and in this case PLD. If that is the case here, I don't necessarily blame PLD for playing for his pay cheque until he is traded or Tortz is fired.

Again, this is complete speculation on my part, and if this has nothing to do with PLD being mistreated by Tortz, then I apologize for the speculation. However, if that is the case, who are we to blame PLD for wanting to earn an income in a non-abusive environment. His choices are to sit out and not get paid, or take a pay cheque to earn a living and protest the only other way possible in the hopes of pressuring the team into trading him.

Without knowing the whole story, it isn't really fair to be too harsh on PLD or Tortz. I am merely raising one possible reason why PLD may be acting this way.

EDIT: To add more, PLD is still a young player and hasn't earned a lot of money (by NHL standards) in his career. He isn't necessarily in a position where he can afford to miss out on his salary for an entire season (if he decided not to re-sign with Columbus).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    oh, I agree. It doesn't look good at all. I just wonder what is really going on, and if his team-mates understand better than we do and perhaps don't judge him quite as harshly as we do. There is something about this team, and perhaps it is Torts alone to blame. I really can't say. But we've seen so many players want out.

I will say this, and this is complete speculation, but there's been a movement recently of "old-school" coaches and antics no longer being tolerated. We saw it with Babcock and numerous other coaches getting fired because of current and past behavior that is no longer tolerable. Mind games. Kicking players on the bench. Abusive and racist language. I know athletes are paid millions, but they still can't be mistreated. It may not be fair to speculate, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Torts is still very "old school" in the way he treats players, and in this case PLD. If that is the case here, I don't necessarily blame PLD for playing for his pay cheque until he is traded or Tortz is fired.

Again, this is complete speculation on my part, and if this has nothing to do with PLD being mistreated by Tortz, then I apologize for the speculation. However, if that is the case, who are we to blame PLD for wanting to earn an income in a non-abusive environment. His choices are to sit out and not get paid, or take a pay cheque to earn a living and protest the only other way possible in the hopes of pressuring the team into trading him.

Without knowing the whole story, it isn't really fair to be too harsh on PLD or Tortz. I am merely raising one possible reason why PLD may be acting this way.

EDIT: To add more, PLD is still a young player and hasn't earned a lot of money (by NHL standards) in his career. He isn't necessarily in a position where he can afford to miss out on his salary for an entire season (if he decided not to re-sign with Columbus).
    Fair enough, agreed with what you are saying in the negative environment scenario. It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of this, as more information comes to light.

Dobber Sports Deity

Let's not forget that he's still only RFA eligible when his current contract expires in two seasons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ducks, Kings, Panthers.

With Byfield in the fold... do the Kings entertain shipping out another C prospect? Turcotte, Vilardi? Carter's already moved to wing for Lizotte to play C so there's a #2C open right there.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Fair to wonder about that with how abrasive Torts is. I do remember last year when the coach misconducts were being brought to light that Torts became a focus of speculation and a lot of reporters asked former players etc about his past conduct. Basically he came out squeaky clean, you knew where you stood with him, if you worked hard he’d give you opportunities, if you didn’t he’d take them away. Nothing any worse than what’s going on right now with PLD.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Almost like they never would of traded for Drouin.....oh wait
    Good point. I really hope they don't do that this time.

Drouin is working his ass off this year. I've watched every Habs game so far (except last night which, for some inexplicable reason was completely blacked out in the US - nice work NHL/TSN - I did watch the highlights). He's back-checking, hitting, skating hard every shift. He looks like the player they hoped for when they traded for him. His possession stats are very good (not Kotkaniemi good...). I love what I'm seeing from him and he and Suzuki have some nice chemistry going. His pass to spring Suzuki for what ended in Anderson's out of midair goal was a thing of beauty.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Good point. I really hope they don't do that this time.

Drouin is working his ass off this year. I've watched every Habs game so far (except last night which, for some inexplicable reason was completely blacked out in the US - nice work NHL/TSN - I did watch the highlights). He's back-checking, hitting, skating hard every shift. He looks like the player they hoped for when they traded for him. His possession stats are very good (not Kotkaniemi good...). I love what I'm seeing from him and he and Suzuki have some nice chemistry going. His pass to spring Suzuki for what ended in Anderson's out of midair goal was a thing of beauty.
    You mean sportsnet. TSN has been blacked out of NHL games going on 4 years now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

It doesn't matter what Torts did - the cardinal sin is he let down his team mates. I wouldn't a guy like that on the Flames.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/s...65969437585408

Torts is asked if Pierre-Luc Dubois will be in the #CBJ lineup tomorrow and does not commit either way. Says not playing PLD over the last 44 minutes last night was a reaction to the center's play over the first five games. #CBJ
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lol ya ok Torts. Good one.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Fair to wonder about that with how abrasive Torts is. I do remember last year when the coach misconducts were being brought to light that Torts became a focus of speculation and a lot of reporters asked former players etc about his past conduct. Basically he came out squeaky clean, you knew where you stood with him, if you worked hard he’d give you opportunities, if you didn’t he’d take them away. Nothing any worse than what’s going on right now with PLD.
    It is really impossible for fans and media to know for certain what is going on, but you make a very good point. If there were any issues with Torts' coaching style (crossing the line, as it were), it likely would have been exposed by now.

PLD may just be pouting because he doesn't like playing in Columbus. I was merely raising one possible issue that may explain, and arguably justify, his behavior.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Lol ya ok Torts. Good one.
    He deserves to be sat.

Dobber Sports Genius

It is really impossible for fans and media to know for certain what is going on, but you make a very good point. If there were any issues with Torts' coaching style (crossing the line, as it were), it likely would have been exposed by now.

PLD may just be pouting because he doesn't like playing in Columbus. I was merely raising one possible issue that may explain, and arguably justify, his behavior.
    I get where you’re coming from. He’s often a confrontational person in front of the camera which makes people ask if there’s so ring more going on behind closed doors.

To me it’s looking like a poor attitude issue with PLD. He’d better buckle up for a season that’ll feel much longer than 56 games because I don’t envision CBJ trading him if the return is subpar.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar