Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Dobber Tiered Invitational

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2021 Dobber Tiered Invitational

Welcome to the 2021 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational!

Do you want to compete against your fellow DobberHockey readers for a chance to become ultimate champion?

What it's all about

This is a
    tiered competition consisting of annual one-year rotisserie leagues,which are held on Yahoo, and run and participated by members of DobberHockey. Previously managed by Dobber

himself, this competition began in 2007 so this season will be the 14th year running. There are three tiers, which comprise of the Entry, Pro and Expert divisions.

Interested? Read on!

Rules and Set-up

These are 12 team roto leagues, although the number of teams may vary slightly depending upon enrollment or other factors. Skater categories include goals, assists, +/-, PPP, shots and hits. Goalie categories are wins, GAA and saves. 4 C, 4LW, 4 RW 6D, 2G, 5 bench and 3 IR/IR+slots. Waivers are weekly and line-ups are daily. FAAB is used.

A promotion/relegation system is used. Top two teams in the lower league move up while the bottom four in the higher league move down. Again, numbers and circumstances may affect these numbers.

If you don't have a forum account yet

If you expect to be interested and haven't created a forum account yet, I highly recommend you register soon and start posting to have your account approved. Otherwise, this could cause delays and may result in missing out on your choice. Please note that only once you start posting can your account be approved, which can take a few days. This will make your post visible and allows you to start sending private messages.

Public recruitment is now open!

There is currently a choice of these leagues, each with a draft date already assigned:

***Note: Norris draft has been changed from Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 10 at 9:00 Eastern, to give us some more time to fill the leagues***

Smythe: Thursday, January 7th at 9pm Eastern *** full***
    Norris:
    Sunday January 10 at 9pm Eastern. *** 4 spots remaining ***
    Adams: Monday, January 11th at 9pm Eastern *** 3 spots remaining ***
    Patrick: Tuesday, January 12th at 9pm Eastern *** 7 spots remaining ***The time of this draft was incorrect, it's always been 9 pm but I had 3 pm here***

Please note, if a league fills before I get the chance to update the available slots, I will contact you for a different date, if available.

If you want to join but your preferred leagues are full, I can put you on awaiting list as long as you send me the info requested below. But it will be first come, first served and others who have flexibility will get priority.

In order to receive an invitation to join a league, you MUST do the following (both steps):

1. Post a message in this thread.
    - No details are needed here, just a note saying that you are interested. If you don't post in this thread, you won't get an invite. After you add your post...

2. Send me a private message with the following details:
    - Subject: "
    Dobber League"
    - Your email address for the invite.
    - Your ONE preferred date from the choices listed.
    - Other available dates from the choices listed (flexibility). More options provided gives you a better chance of finding a suitable league.
    - Whether you are willing to autodraft on any of those dates if your availability changes.

To reiterate the above, we need ALL of the above to ensure you get an invitation. Furthermore, you are not guaranteed a place until you have joined the league. So, please join the league as soon as possible after receiving the invite.

I'll confirm and send the invitation as soon as I can. We all have busy lives, so I would appreciate your patience.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 2021 Dobber Tiered Invitational

Some quick notes. I know this is sudden. It is what it is, this year. Hopefully, we will get the leagues filled.

I am missing some information from last year. I have the Pro and Expert league promotions and relegations and those invitations will be sent shortly. I am missing some of the Entry contact information including some who should be promoted. If you finished in a top two spot in last year's Entry leagues and you have not received an invitation, please contact me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

interested
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Interested

Dobber Sports Stud

Interested

Dobber Sports Immortal

Interested

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interested
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Icon

I was going to take a step back from fantasy hockey this year and just stay in the RHRS and PQMC leagues but I’m starting to get excited about the season again. So count me in for back in the Pro league.

Thanks for running this man!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I was going to take a step back from fantasy hockey this year and just stay in the RHRS and PQMC leagues but I’m starting to get excited about the season again. So count me in for back in the Pro league.

Don't worry. It happens to all of us

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Did you get the invitation email? I have not personally received any Yahoo league generated emails this season from any of my leagues including the one I sent myself from the Expert league. I will start sending the links to those who haven’t signed up yet. This worked for me.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Interested

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by duntroon68 View Post
    Did you get the invitation email? I have not personally received any Yahoo league generated emails this season from any of my leagues including the one I sent myself from the Expert league. I will start sending the links to those who haven’t signed up yet. This worked for me.
    I did and that’s how I signed up in the Campbell league

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I did and that’s how I signed up in the Campbell league
    I knew I’d sent you one but my spreadsheet is at work. Everyone has a Dobber forum name, a Yahoo profile, an email address and a team name. Sometimes more than one team name. The spreadsheet doesn’t necessarily have them all. So, from here I can’t tell which team anyone is except from memory.

I still cannot figure out who Bullet Club is. He won the Smythe division and is due promotion but all I have is a Yahoo ID and team name from a screenshot. His email is private.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Interested

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by duntroon68 View Post
    I still cannot figure out who Bullet Club is. He won the Smythe division and is due promotion but all I have is a Yahoo ID and team name from a screenshot. His email is private.
    Can you send a message to him through Yahoo? It's usually an option for leagues.

That said, I am in.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid