Thread: His Hischier for my Grzlecyk +

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default His Hischier for my Grzlecyk +

Hi,

If you want a long thread to read, enjoy yourselves here :
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...-you-do-thread

So I got an offer today.

Guy is stuck with a salary problem.
    Our league in general is stuck with a D-availability problem.

I need some D. Badly.

But I've got an offer on a plate :

His Nico Hischier

for

My Matt Grzlecyk + he wants me to add another player.

Since Hischier is only a C, most teams are already set down the middle. Personally, I'd rather have Hischier than Trocheck, so I figured I might counter with Grzlecyk + Trocheck.

Don't forget, although this might seem like a steal for me, our league runs 14 teams x 6 defensemen + we all have a few bench Ds, so the pool is reaaaaaally shallow in terms of what can be drafted this year. Also, I have 6th overall and I know Lafrenière Kaprizov and Stuetzle will be selected 1-2-3 which leaves Rossi, Byfield and Zegras as the logical next picks : all three are C. And I own Dubois and Couturier already.

So, crazy to persue Hischier on the 'cheap' or not?

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, ?, ?
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, ?, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Klingb Brannstrom Bean Peru Soderstrom Clarke
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Huberdeau Zucc Giroux Quinn Couture Hartman Bjorkstrand Wheeler Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Mangiapane Brink Guenther Poulin Perreault Cristall Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: His Hischier for my Grzlecyk +

Daily or weekly starts? If it's daily, I think I'd do it. Weekly, you've got to figure out what your lineup would look like.

Right now Grzelcyk might be the PP1 D for Boston, but he might not get that usage.
    Hischier is the #1 C for NJ, and is a lock for PP1 time.

I'd see if you could add Borgstrom, although he might have wing eligibility.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

A few things to chew here. First off, how does your cap work in your league? Is it just cap hit or is it AAV, or is it something totally different. You say the other GM is stuck with a bad cap situation, plus he must need D as well or he wouldnt be looking for Grzlecyk. What is your cap situation like?

No offense, but a 14 team, start 6D isn't that bad. Im in a couple 24 team, start 6D leagues and we survive so I am not sure how your league struggles to roster D. That's another discussion for another time.

Personally, I think I'd keep Grizz and Trocheck here. I think Trocheck bounces back this year. Few do well after a trade going to a new team and a new system out of the hop. I like Trocheck to be healthy this year and settled into a solid situation in Carolina. Dont get me wrong, I love Hischier but I dont see the benefit of taking on more cap here.

I'd pass on the offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A few things to chew here. First off, how does your cap work in your league? Is it just cap hit or is it AAV, or is it something totally different. You say the other GM is stuck with a bad cap situation, plus he must need D as well or he wouldnt be looking for Grzlecyk. What is your cap situation like?

No offense, but a 14 team, start 6D isn't that bad. Im in a couple 24 team, start 6D leagues and we survive so I am not sure how your league struggles to roster D. That's another discussion for another time.

Personally, I think I'd keep Grizz and Trocheck here. I think Trocheck bounces back this year. Few do well after a trade going to a new team and a new system out of the hop. I like Trocheck to be healthy this year and settled into a solid situation in Carolina. Dont get me wrong, I love Hischier but I dont see the benefit of taking on more cap here.

I'd pass on the offer.

We work with salary.

So Hischier is 7M this year, will be 7.5M next year, etc.

My cap situation is OK. I can manage Hischier. I think he's an improvement on Trocheck this year, but also 2-3-4 years down the line which is where I want to compete.

As for why we struggle with rostering relevant D? It's points-only! A couple of the leagues that you talk about are multi-cat, which means some guys have a decent cap hit, provide little points, but provide great perephirals.

Not us.

A guy that hits and blocks but can't put up points, at 6M, is not 'worth rostering'.

Thanks for your input on Hischier! Will ponder a bit more I guess!

G- Gustafsson, ?, ?

G- Shest, Luukkanen
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Huberdeau Zucc Giroux Quinn Couture Hartman Bjorkstrand Wheeler Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Mangiapane Brink Guenther Poulin Perreault Cristall Kovalenko

Oh, forgot to answer stevegamer's question :

It's weekly. We have a limited amount of switches to make during the season, unless it's injury, promotion/demotion to the AHL. Those are unlimited.

G- Gustafsson, ?, ?

G- Shest, Luukkanen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lusshouse View Post
    Oh, forgot to answer stevegamer's question :

It's weekly. We have a limited amount of switches to make during the season, unless it's injury, promotion/demotion to the AHL. Those are unlimited.
    Thanks.

When you say switches, I'm thinking that relates to FA moves. If you have free roster management weekly, allowing you to pick up a 4-5 game week versus a 2 game week, I'd make a deal, but I'd probably try not to give him Trocheck & Grzelcyk for just Hischier.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.