Thread: Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keeper Help

I think I have my keepers set (bolded names in my signature), and am just below the keeper cap. Notable omissions are Jack Hughes, Keller, Mantha, and Gibson. Are there any players that you would sub out to keep them? Players in the minors don't count towards the salary cap for keepers.

Not too fussed about losing Gibson since wins are heavily weighted for goalies (and I also have Shesterkin and Sorokin), but not totally sure about the forwards I'm going to lose though.
    12 Team, Keep 12, 100M Cap (AAV)
    G = 3, A = 2, PPP = 1, SOG = 0.25
    W = 3, S = 0.1, SO = 3

F: Bratt, Gaudreau, Jarvis, Kaprizov, Kessel, McDavid, Norris, Pastrnak, Suzuki
    D: Burns, DeAngelo, Girard, Hamilton
    G: Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR: Barbashev, Wilson, Kylington
    Minors: Clarke, Holtz, Joseph, Rossi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Keeper Help

I really like Mantha's contract, and role with Detroit. I know that he's a bit of a bandaid, but I would be tempted to swap Gaudreau out and keep Mantha and Hughes (if I'm understanding your keeper rules correctly, this is something that you seem to be able to do).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I really like Mantha's contract, and role with Detroit. I know that he's a bit of a bandaid, but I would be tempted to swap Gaudreau out and keep Mantha and Hughes (if I'm understanding your keeper rules correctly, this is something that you seem to be able to do).
    Yes, this is the move I have been really debating, it would fit under the keeper rules. Just not sure which Gaudreau and which Hughes will be showing up this season so I've been pulling my hair out over this the past few days. Thanks!
    12 Team, Keep 12, 100M Cap (AAV)
    G = 3, A = 2, PPP = 1, SOG = 0.25
    W = 3, S = 0.1, SO = 3

F: Bratt, Gaudreau, Jarvis, Kaprizov, Kessel, McDavid, Norris, Pastrnak, Suzuki
    D: Burns, DeAngelo, Girard, Hamilton
    G: Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR: Barbashev, Wilson, Kylington
    Minors: Clarke, Holtz, Joseph, Rossi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do what Tobias suggested. Hughes is good value this year and next, and Mantha should be as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.