Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s your Rocket Richard trophy winner for the upcoming 56 games season?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Who’s your Rocket Richard trophy winner for the upcoming 56 games season?

My pick: Taylor Hall....with all those Eichel apples....

Who’s your pick?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

Default Re: Who’s your Rocket Richard trophy winner for the upcoming 56 games season?

Matthews
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Who’s your Rocket Richard trophy winner for the upcoming 56 games season?

Ovechkin lol.

Kidding. Im sure he'll be close but he often hits a dead spot in the middle of the season before picking it back up again in the final 20. I like Matthews this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If I'm betting real money... Matthews.
    I just think there's a lot of high-scoring games in the North.
    And I think Matthews still has a few more notches.

I also think McDavid and/or Draisaitl are up there.

Interesting with Pastrnak & Kucherov out.
    And Ovechkin has a tough schedule with that Eastern Division.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Surprisingly this is the one major award not listed on Bodog right now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ovechkin
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Surprisingly this is the one major award not listed on Bodog right now.
    Likely... they don't have the experts to call this one.
    Scoring goals does have some correlation with teams that give up more shots... and goalies with varying SV%.

Betting agencies are also looking to spread the money around.
    Without Pastrnak and Kucherov... they probably expect too much money on Ovechkin (if odds are low enough) or on a guy like Matthews (if the odds are good enough).
    All the odds have to be modified once two guys are out of contention... because it means they don't have the right distribution.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I suspect the divisional realignment helps the Canadian teams - if they get to play in Canada.

If they all end up in the US in some sort of bubble thing, I think that may be enough of a negative to balance the weaker defenses out.

Saying Ovechkin is kind of boring, but he's never a bad answer. When one guy has 9, and nobody else in the history of the award has more than 2, you know that he's the frontrunner.

Going off the board with Guentzel.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

mackinnon mathews or mcdavid

Dobber Sports Master

Draisaitl

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    My pick: Taylor Hall....with all those Eichel apples....

Who’s your pick?
    I think this is reversed. Eichel is the better goal scorer. Hall has only seen 30 goals once on his career.

Personally, I don’t see a Sabre in the top 5 for goals. I think Matthews walks with it this year.

42 in 56 isn’t unrealistic considering he had 47 in 70

Matthews
    Draisaitl
    Ovechkin
    McDavid
    Svechnikov

My top 5 considering Pasta will miss a decent amount of time. I’ll write Stamkos in as a ‘sleeper’ - if he starts the season healthy he will be the one picking up the Kucherov slack.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Matthews should be the favourite here with Ovechkin in the mix.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ovechkin, he’s the greatest goal scorer in the league.
    Points only Keeper - Top 9F 4D 1G
    F: Ovechkin Aho Debrincat Hintz Konecny Horvat Bratt BTkachuk Hagel Novak Mercer WSmith Coronato
    D: Hamilton Doughty Burns Morrissey Klingberg
    G: Jarry Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

OV is motivated to break Gretzky's mark.
    By the time #8 is finished the award might need to be named after him instead.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I suspect the divisional realignment helps the Canadian teams - if they get to play in Canada.

If they all end up in the US in some sort of bubble thing, I think that may be enough of a negative to balance the weaker defenses out.
    They've already announced all the Canadian teams will be playing in Canada. All the provincial authorities have agreed.

As for the Rocket, I would vote Ovi. Dark horse pick would be Kyle Connor.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid