Thread: Another Kuch scenario

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Another Kuch scenario

14 team weekly H2H Salary Cap dynasty league. Scoring: G, A, Goalie wins + SO's.

I'm built to win now, would you trade my Kuch for Svechnikov? I would get big cap relief this year, which I sorely need for roster flexibility, plus I would be acquiring a keeper 7 years younger. Am I being too reactive, or am I OK going for the title in this sprint of a fantasy season? TIA fellas.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Another Kuch scenario

I would do it. I got a feeling I'll be the only one in this thread that would prefer Svech. I always found dobber's forum to be on the ''proven'' and vet side.

In most keeper league, especially cap leagues, young studs are the hot commodity.
    You want to win, I'd rather get a Svechnikov at 0.9ppg 900k$ than a Kucherov at 0ppg and 9.5m$

Dobber Sports Ace

I think if this gives you a shot to win this year I’d do it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Not only will it be a huge plus for this year, but I also do not see Svechnikov getting Kucherov's $9.5 million salary going forward. Still waiting on Barzal and PLD to sign to get an idea of what the new "post-ELC" contract is going to be, but flat cap aside, I wouldn't predict him to make more than Aho, anyway. Let's put Svechnikov down for 7.5 million going forward - That extra $2 million could probably be pretty valuable elsewhere in your lineup, and I might be tempted to take Svech over Kuch in that situation, too.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well, I pulled the trigger.

Kuch, Jarry, 21st overall (11.25mil total cap hit, I retain half Jarry's salary this year) for Svechnikov and 14th overall (2.675mil total cap hit)

Huge cap relief flexibility for me this year, a bump in draft position, and a burgeoning star to pair with Aho as I chase a title.

We'll see how it plays out this year and beyond.