Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: General fantasy strategy for the upcoming unique NHL season

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: General fantasy strategy for the upcoming unique NHL season

Quote Originally Posted by striderz View Post
    Patting myself on the back for this great idea, and kicking myself in the a$$ because I didn't listen to my own advice very well! What a season...
    Nice call!!!! At least early on. But it's looking more and more likely that some of these games won't be made up.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ooof.
    Yeah - the canceled games are kicking my ass this year.

I have more than my share of MIN, BUF, NJ(Hughes,esp), DAL, PHI players...

The tandem thing burns even more SUPER hard if you own both and games are canceled.
    CAR & MIN were my favourite tandems to draft in one-year leagues this year. Bah.
    And I drafted Mrazek (3gp) and targeted/drafted Francouz (0gp) in multiple leagues this year.
    Those are the two NHL-injured goalies of significance.

Bah.
    In RHRS 21 - I can at least rally with daily add/drop options, unlimited adds, and at least comish expanded with +2 extra bench spots (I recommended four). Also, should be 3-4 IR spots in a 25+ player roster formats, not sure how we missed this. Hurts.
    In DobberExpert - my team is toast. Comish didn't add any bench spots... I'm absolutely helpless to rally in GP... and I've already lost a ton of man-games from my MIN-duo (Talbot/Kahkonen), my BUF-trio (Eichel/Hall/Dahlin), Samsonov, and my CAR-duo (Mrazek injured, Reimer now losing starts to Nedel). If I do a combined stats on my TOP 7 ROUNDS OF PICKS over last 7 days... 1g, 1a (Josi). The other 6 are injured or COVID lost games.
    In PQMC - I've got several COVID players, Pietrangelo (!!!), Hart (COVID), Mrazek (out), and Talbot (COVID) are my goalies. You know what shows up when I do "Last 7 Days" stats on Pietrangelo, Makar, Byram.... I'll tell ya: NOTHING. No stats! Even in my retro-championship match, I lost all my starts to COVID and had Hart(PHI) playing a double against BOS... while my opponent gets two Vas games against the Dead Wings. Like come.on!

Just huge face/palm for me this season.
    My favourite league is actually the WHL where I'm in "rebuild mode"... at least I can stomach that.

Dobber Sports Monster

It's been a tough one.

Another small pointer for Yahoo. The automatic lineup setter doesn't differentiate between a player with a game and a player with a PPD that night. So make sure the auto lineup tool actually picked guys who are in real games a few days ahead especially if you think you'll be away. Almost caught me a couple of Saturday afternoons lol

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Do not trust third party websites regarding the NHL schedule regarding h2h. I have given advice based on outdated NHL schedules for fantasy playoffs. Daily Faceoff's schedule is wrong. Don't rely on them.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Just a heads up that the Oilers and Flames are playing tonight. If you have any oilers they will still say PPD on Yahoo because they didn't replace the delayed Canucks game with the new game. I am not sure if we see the points added tonight or not, but either way, don't bench your oilers!

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry