Thread: Man Arrested on ODR in Calgary

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Man Arrested on ODR in Calgary

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...rest-1.5848904

The man arrested and charged is Ocean Wiesblatt who is Ozzy Wiesblatt's older brother.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Man Arrested on ODR in Calgary

Should be a fun holiday season if the standard is anywhere near this.

Dobber Sports Deity

No sympathy from me. He was told what the issue was and continued to push the situation.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kid shouldn’t have been released from jail, got what he deserved. The Weisblatt’s have done an awesome job of dismantling all good will they might have gained from the draft.

Dobber Sports Icon

Turns out that this same man allegedly once got mad at a lifeguard at a city pool for asking him (multiple times) to obey the rules so he went to the pet store across the street and bought a bunch of guppies and released them into the pool.

Screenshot 2020-12-20 231954.jpg

The Great One

I totally get the frustration of living in a society that is restricting our freedom of movement and freedom to gather and associate with friends and family. I hate it. I miss my family, miss my friends, and arguing with my teenager for the better part of the last year that she can't hang out with her friends has me and my entire family on the verge of an emotional crisis.

I'm not condoning Wiesblatt's actions. The kid is obviously an entitled ass, but I can understand why these confrontations are happening all over. It's been a long, difficult year.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Every freaking person born in 2000 it seems will instantly yell "police brutality" when someone is arrested.

I know tensions are high. But when you are breaking the rules and a police officer asks you to stop, just stop. For one of the people's parents to back them on the interaction is also upsetting. I know this is an era of defying police realistic brutality that happens, I think it's very obvious this was not an over use of force by the police.

But the whole time I was thinking this adult man was resisting arrest very obviously, had potential harmful things on his feet moving uncontrollably around police officers, refused to identify himself initially (off video), and his friends were agreeing with the police at first. The guy is not an intelligent person.

The police in my eyes were over-understanding. Guys were still holding sticks, he was not being arrested, he came awfully close to stepping on those cops feet/slashing legs.

What was cool was by-law officers were the initial people enforcing the rules. Which is how defunding the police should be acting right now. No way police officers should have been the ones making people get off the ice (until they have too)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll