Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cutting the cord from Bell

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Cutting the cord from Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Tek Savvy rents their lines so when there is an outage they Tek Savvy is the last to get fixed.

I've had them for about 3 years now and only once they were slow to respond (3-4 days) and I had to harass them and they brought a 'mobile modem' out to my house which was slow but held me over for until they fixed it.

Their prices have also increased by about $5 due to the mafia that is known as the CRTC in Canada
    Well I have my streaming device (Shield) in place and have a service that a few friends have sworn by for years. Every channel imaginable. I am very happy with this move so far....

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well I have my streaming device (Shield) in place and have a service that a few friends have sworn by for years. Every channel imaginable. I am very happy with this move so far....
    Are your sports in HD? Do you get local news?

Those would be my two biggest concerns if I were ever to cut the cord one day. Also, what did you get for a box to stream through?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Are your sports in HD? Do you get local news?

Those would be my two biggest concerns if I were ever to cut the cord one day. Also, what did you get for a box to stream through?
    Sports are in HD. It has local news and sports of most major cities. It's all sortable and you can make a favorites list. It takes a bit to set up but it's already worth it for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Sports are in HD. It has local news and sports of most major cities. It's all sortable and you can make a favorites list. It takes a bit to set up but it's already worth it for me.
    Is it all run through an Android box? If so, what one did you get?

How are you finding the sports in HD so far? A buddy of mine has been watching the World Jrs through his Android box and finds it slow and constantly buffering and he's about to throw it through the window LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

How are you finding the sports in HD so far? A buddy of mine has been watching the World Jrs through his Android box and finds it slow and constantly buffering and he's about to throw it through the window LOL!
    I got Nvidia Shield which is one of the better ones and probably too powerful for what I need, but just figured might as well spend now and have it for a while.

No buffering issues here.

The Great One

Sounds like he got IPTV.

Are you paying a subscription?

Dobber Sports Immortal

And so yes the one thing I will mention is sports are maybe 15 seconds behind. That was a huge deal to me in the past but now I am just happy to find time to sit down and watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Sounds like he got IPTV.

Are you paying a subscription?
    It's a form of IPTV. Yes a subscription service that unlocks the channels and then running them on an app called Tivimate.