Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Cyberpunk 2077

Even after multiple delays, not sure how I feel about about buggy it's supposed to be upon release tomorrow.....but still can't wait t pick up my copy.

Anyone else?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

All I know... is that I've never seen TV & Internet advertising thrust in my face this much for a video game.
    I actually google/wikipedia'd it to satisfy my old man notion of "Should I know what this is?"

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    All I know... is that I've never seen TV & Internet advertising thrust in my face this much for a video game.
    I actually google/wikipedia'd it to satisfy my old man notion of "Should I know what this is?"
    Bahaha. Too much Keanu?

Dobber Sports Star

lol I love the Cyberpunk genre but I hear this game is awesome AND a hot mess right now. Still waiting in getting my hands on a PS5 as well, so that may be a couple months. I always hate the rush out of the gate when they release new consoles and wait until they are realistically available. I hear Cyberpunk isn’t available for PS5 right now anyway.

If I can grab a PS5 in the next few months, it will give Projekt Red a bit of time to iron out some of the kinks.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

I havent really played video games for a few years now so I had to google this as well. I won't lie, I always loved FPS games going back to my addiction to playing Counter-Strike and then on to COD more than RPGs. I still have a PS3 but never bought a PS4 only because I knew if I did, I would never pay attention to anything else. My son had a PS4 in his bedroom but I avoided it.

Now that my kids are both grown and my youngest is about to finish high school this year, I am tempted to get a PS5. This game looks interesting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Woah woah....it's a genre????

Dobber Sports Titan

Glitches/kinks in a first release just seems to be the norm for games now. It's like, ok we spend 1yr on building this game, but instead of taking 1 month to figure out the issues and then release it, we'll release it and let the users tell us what's wrong.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Glitches/kinks in a first release just seems to be the norm for games now. It's like, ok we spend 1yr on building this game, but instead of taking 1 month to figure out the issues and then release it, we'll release it and let the users tell us what's wrong.
    Haha very true....except this game was delayed twice already!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haha very true....except this game was delayed twice already!
    The way time lines in general seem to be across multiple lines of work is, "lets release a possibly sub-par product to meet a deadline, and if it fails people won't care if we can fix it" I know in my line of work, we have a bunch of engineers in the states creating drawings on crazy short time lines. They'll release a drawing to meet their deadline, then go back and make the changes after we start the product to fix any of their issues, but on paper they met their timeline.

This is kind of like that with videogames. Except this time they were delayed lol. Looks like it was delayed 3 times actually. April 16 to Sept 17, then to Nov19, then to Dec10 lol. COVID is a great excuse for companies who can handle the downturn.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The way time lines in general seem to be across multiple lines of work is, "lets release a possibly sub-par product to meet a deadline, and if it fails people won't care if we can fix it" I know in my line of work, we have a bunch of engineers in the states creating drawings on crazy short time lines. They'll release a drawing to meet their deadline, then go back and make the changes after we start the product to fix any of their issues, but on paper they met their timeline.

This is kind of like that with videogames. Except this time they were delayed lol. Looks like it was delayed 3 times actually. April 16 to Sept 17, then to Nov19, then to Dec10 lol. COVID is a great excuse for companies who can handle the downturn.
    I just find it weird it seems they tried to make the next gen launch....butttttt then the next gen versions weren't ready. And won't be until early to mid 2021.

Dobber Sports Star

For sure it’s a genre. I think of a dystopian future where society is crumbling while focusing on a high level of technology. I think of things like Judge Dredd, Blade Runner, Altered Carbon, The Matrix. That kind of thing.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    For sure it’s a genre. I think of a dystopian future where society is crumbling while focusing on a high level of technology. I think of things like Judge Dredd, Blade Runner, Altered Carbon, The Matrix. That kind of thing.

Rylant
    Wow. I had no idea but I definitely love all of those movies/shows so I guess I like the genre.

Dobber Sports Titan

I just find it weird it seems they tried to make the next gen launch....butttttt then the next gen versions weren't ready. And won't be until early to mid 2021.
    Ya, at least Cold War for COD was designed for the next gen, and downgraded for the PS4/XBoxwhatever. But for games to try and say it's for the next gen release and design it for the PS4/Xboxwhatever and uptick it to the next gen just makes the game not a next gen game lol.

The hype around this game is insane for a game I never heard of honestly. Hopefully it's good, I was talking to a friend who said he watched someone play online and it was just "driving around in a taxi with his dad or something" for like 5minutes lol. Seems like a GTA style game which some people love.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Cyberpunk is most definitely a genre. I know nothing about this game, and I don't do modern console gaming, but Cyberpunk has been around longer than Playstation - and it's not close.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Sounds like a vaccine roll-out
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4