Thread: WJC fantasy draft strategy

Dobber Sports Stud

Default WJC fantasy draft strategy

Hey guys, I'm not sure if there is another thread like this going already, but I'm looking for discussion on strategies for WJC pools.

The pool I'm going to participate in is fairly basic I suppose. Cats are G, A for players and W for goalies. We select 5F, 3D, 1G.

Playoffs count, so I'm thinking taking players from stronger teams might be wise, since they will likely make it further, play more games and therefore have the opportunity to get more points.

So, I'm looking for:

1. input on strategy (load up on one team or spread it out?, which to target soonest of F, D and G?, etc.).

2. specific players you expect will knock the lid off this tournament.

Thanks in advance.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Administrator

Default Re: WJC fantasy draft strategy

I'm curious to know if all of the games count in this pool as the relegation round can end up with some dizzying scores. For instance, in last year's tournament Germany won the relegation round 4-0, 1-4, 6-0 over Kazakhstan. If you counted the relegation games in the scoring, guys like Dominik Bokk, Tim Stuetzle, etc. could well have been worth more than someone off a team that lost in the opening round like the USA, despite having a lower overall finish.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: WJC fantasy draft strategy

Very good question metaldude. I’m not sure. A buddy is kind of just throwing it together and asked me to join. I’d imagine the round robin pool configuration is a big factor too...