Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

Fancy panties with me on them of course.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Titan

^I audibly snorted at that. Nice
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The key is to listen throughout the year. If I ask my wife she will give me boring ideas like perfume or a gift card or a link for a sweater. The best gifts have been items she was not expecting or didn't even know about. Last year, I bought her these champagne glitter, bedazzled Kate Spade shoes that were shoes she would not normally buy for herself. She had some glitter converse so I knew she would like them. And the pink was outside what she would normally buy for herself. She loved them and wore them in the house for a month before wearing them outside.

This year, one of the things I am getting her is a 4-slot toaster. (I still need to think of other things.) She has said a couple times over the years we should get one. What makes it a good gift is that it shows I am listening to her and getting her something she doesn't need but wants. Over the years I have bought her a remote car starter, an Ipad, a Coach leather bag for work, a soft shell Northface jacket, and high-end Brooks running shoes which were the best gym shoes she has ever wore. She didn't ask for any of those things but she ended up loving them. I find that getting her something she would not buy for herself because it is too expensive scores me big, big points.
    This is the key to good gift gviing.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My girlfriend just tells me a list of about 5 things she wants...

I went off list for one thing for a Birthday....mistake.

I went with Ugg boots she wanted, a hair blow dryer thing I've never seen before, chromecast, wireless charger for her cell. A good little idea is to do a secret santa with your sig other through "DrawNames" website and it lets you set a wish list. You can see everyone's wish list and you can go onto your wife's list and see what she wants. You can click on the item saying that it will be bought for her anonymously.
    I'd recommend thinking about whether she's worth sticking with if she blew up at you.

I've had that happen - with a stocking stuffer - for an ex. It wasn't the wrong thing, except the bottle was the wrong size. It was "too small", and I was "too cheap". The fact that there was a second travel size bottle in her second stocking which ended up totaling out to more product just left me smile. She of course ignored my simple list. When her birthday came around, she gave me a list of things to pick from. I got a few, all at one store, and kept the receipt. That was the last celebration together.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Banned

we used to surprise each other when giving gifts, but now I ask her directly what she wants, it's really better than me guessing all the time. This year she wanted a kitchen makeover

Dobber Sports Master

apparently I have good taste in 1000 piece puzzles