Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

Personally I think most of my heavy lifting is done, but I know some of us are struggling for ideas so in solidarity.... what are you ideas?

Mine, she's getting obsessed with cooking & baking. It no longer appears to be a faze.

So I picked up a Cuisinart Mixer (variable speed for like making cakes et) - Canadian Tire had (has?) a 60% off sale - good thing they're stupid expensive reg. priced.
    and I just picked up a hand crank pasta maker $30 London Drugs. There are add on attachments to the mixer, but to do the same thing, but attach it and press a button they want $220.

Also jumped on the COVID 'new hobby' fad and wife and I picked up a keyboard as a family present from Santa.

I need a couple smaller gift ideas to finish it all off.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

My wife and I don't buy gifts for each other. We haven't for years. We spend our money on the kids although our "kids" are older now (24, 20, 18) so the gifts get more expensive lol. That and we try and just buy a gift for the house.

That being said, my wife is a huge fan of Friends. Has been since the show came out and still watches it regularly so I recommended to the kids to get her the yellow picture frame that Monica has on their door where their peep hole is. I saw it on Amazon a while back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

does she enjoy doing puzzles ? seems like my wife and her cousins/co-workers are into that atm . I snagged a few 1000 piece cool looking ones on amazon for her and she's very excited to see my ''taste'' in puzzles lol

btw , thats so cool that your wife is taking cooking / baking to another level . thats a win-win right there.

Dobber Sports Star

Dobber Sports Stud

I haven't bought my wife a Christmas or Birthday gift in years. We set a budget and we each buy our own gifts. That way, she is surprised with what "she" bought me and I'm surprised with what "I" bought her. And - whatever it is, it always fits, or is exactly what we wanted lol.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I haven't bought my wife a Christmas or Birthday gift in years. We set a budget and we each buy our own gifts. That way, she is surprised with what "she" bought me and I'm surprised with what "I" bought her. And - whatever it is, it always fits, or is exactly what we wanted lol.
    pretty much the same . we'll treat ourselves to something and give the ol' wink wink , thats our xmas present this year ok .

Dobber Sports Jedi

so you're suggesting she divorce me? BTW I already bought it. Does bring up a follow up thread I'll drop in a couple days.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    We set a budget and we each buy our own gifts.
    Right there with ya.
    Stage II of Marriage.
    Those cute years of buying a (surprise) gift are in the past.

Dobber Sports Jedi

We've been together 17yrs... but i'm not getting away from presents anytime soon.

Dobber Sports Stud

every year i buy my wife a piece of jewlery, one that can be passed down to our daughter when she gets older. A family heirloom tradition.

This year is a real emerald ring.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Stud

Cheaper to be divorced and more interesting to buy presents for people who don’t expect something. I did a full Thanksgiving dinner for a family I don’t know, and I’m sending nice steaks to my medical assistants.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Only Christmas number two as a married couple here, and we still buy each other presents On the flip side of being a younger married couple, the money is being saved up for bigger things, so the spending isn't too crazy.
    My wife has never been a big drinker, but likes beer for the bubbles. However, with working from home she's been doing some long hours and doesn't want to drink while on the clock. Thus, a Sodastream is the main piece this year. My parents have one and I'm excited to have her gift opened (the best kind of gift).

Otherwise, we're both big foodies, so there's a few other odds and ends that I got her that are kitchen related.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Cheaper to be divorced and more interesting to buy presents for people who don’t expect something. I did a full Thanksgiving dinner for a family I don’t know, and I’m sending nice steaks to my medical assistants.
    Love your ideas. It also feels fantastic to do this sort of thing.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

With a significant other, and basically I am better at gift giving than she is. I'm not big into Christmas, and she told me early on her family's not big into birthdays (which is true for her as a giver, but her mom goes nuts for her birthday & Xmas). I made her cry on our first Christmas by giving her art. To be fair we were down at the New Jersey shore (typing "the New" seemed weird to me there) and she saw some prints she liked, but they were too much for her to justify paying. However the artist lived literally a mile from me in PA, so I got one she loved directly from him. Best part was her saying "You got me art?!" before she opened it. I got some clothes that were off by 2-3 sizes, had to return everything that was clothing.

I will get her things I find through the year: books, hand/foot creams, sleep shirts, etc. Top it off with a gift certificate to her spa. We'll have a spending limit of $75 or so. She will go nuts on her family, sometimes spending $200+ bucks on one person, often gets stuff she mostly has to exchange or donate; her mom often gives her another version some kitchen thing she gave her 3-5 years ago. Luckily I am an expert at returning stuff - when I still had family, I would get given things in the wrong size because I couldn't possibly be the size I said I was.

Regarding the mixer: if it's a mixer that functions both as a stand and a hand mixer, that's the best of both worlds. That would be my ideal mixer; we both bake, but she's brownies/cookies while I am everything from that to pies & cakes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

My girlfriend just tells me a list of about 5 things she wants...

I went off list for one thing for a Birthday....mistake.

I went with Ugg boots she wanted, a hair blow dryer thing I've never seen before, chromecast, wireless charger for her cell. A good little idea is to do a secret santa with your sig other through "DrawNames" website and it lets you set a wish list. You can see everyones wish list and you can go onto your wife's list and see what she wants. You can click on the item saying that it will be bought for her anonymously.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll