Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which prospects should I drop in dynasty league?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which prospects should I drop in dynasty league?

1. Drop two of following six Forwards:

John Leonard, SJS
    Sam Colangelo, ANA
    Yegor Chinakhov, CBJ

Jean-Luc Foudy, COL
    Kasper Simontaival, LAK
    Marat Khusnutdinov, MIN

2. Drop two of following six Goalies/Defensemen:

Dustin Wolf, CGY
    Lukas Dostal, ANA
    Artur Akhtyamov, TOR

William Wallinder, DET
    Emil Andrae, PHI
    Shakir Mukhamadullin, NJD

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Which prospects should I drop in dynasty league?

If I was choosing for my current dynasty.. these are my 4 I would cut:

Leonard
    Colangelo

Akhtyamov
    Mukhamadulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Colangelo and Simontaival
    Akhtyamov and Mukhamadullin

I think Leonard is going to get a shot this year and is a goal scoring winger that the sharks are dying for right now.

Simontaival is behind ton of prospects on a deep LA depth chart.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Colangelo and Simontaival
    Akhtyamov and Mukhamadullin

I think Leonard is going to get a shot this year and is a goal scoring winger that the sharks are dying for right now.

Simontaival is behind ton of prospects on a deep LA depth chart.

Yeah those are good points. I agree Leonard might be a sneaky dark horse if he can replicate his skill level in the NHL. Wrt Simontaival, I do have luxury of waiting to see how he performs at World Junior Championship (WJC) for Finald, where he is projected to play on top line with Lundell and Puistola. If he has an off-the-chart tournament (i.e. named to all-star team), conceivably he jumps ahead of some of those in line ahead of him.

Similar story for Akhtyamov (Russia back-up goalie) and Mukhamadullin (Russia PP quarterback), can wait to see how they do at WJC. Toronto does not have a lot of goalie prospects in the pipeline, so that favours Akhtyamov. New Jersey PP needs help and if Ty Smith is not up to the task, Mookie might be next in line.

Dobber Sports Wizard

All prospects you listed are ways away and probably half of them will never sniff NHL. When u deal with prospects like that personally I want those with highest ceiling and that’s Simontaval for me. I’m definitely keeping him.

im dropping Leonard Coangelo Akhytamov and Wallinder
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wait until after WJC. YOU may find that some of these guys become very marketable for someone you like better.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Foudy and Simontaival are my forward drops. Considering the depth of the teams they play for, I don't see them getting a sniff any time soon. To those who say Leonard is a drop need to do more research. They love this kid and he's probably the closest thing to getting quality NHL time at a spot SJ lacks long term depth.

As far as the D and goalies go, all of them are so far away from NHL time I won't be surprised you drop most of them at some point for other options because most fantasy GMs don't have the patience to wait the time needed for D and goalies. That being said, my cuts are Akhtyamov and Andrae.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Foudy and Simontaival are my forward drops. Considering the depth of the teams they play for, I don't see them getting a sniff any time soon. To those who say Leonard is a drop need to do more research. They love this kid and he's probably the closest thing to getting quality NHL time at a spot SJ lacks long term depth.

As far as the D and goalies go, all of them are so far away from NHL time I won't be surprised you drop most of them at some point for other options because most fantasy GMs don't have the patience to wait the time needed for D and goalies. That being said, my cuts are Akhtyamov and Andrae.
    i personally prefer guys with 20% chance of NHL and high ceiling then a 6th rounder who will has probably slim chance to be impactful player....forth liners usually dont have much value in fantasy hockey. He could turn out to be mark Stone...but chances are not good imo

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Wait until after WJC. YOU may find that some of these guys become very marketable for someone you like better.
    Yup. Bang on

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i personally prefer guys with 20% chance of NHL and high ceiling then a 6th rounder who will has probably slim chance to be impactful player....forth liners usually dont have much value in fantasy hockey. He could turn out to be mark Stone...but chances are not good imo
    Time will tell, but I think you are going to be wrong about Leonard. Where he was drafted has little impact on his NHL future. Sure, earlier picks will get some preference, but if the later picks are out performing the earlier ones, they will get their looks too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by p7staxc View Post
    1. Drop two of following six Forwards:

John Leonard, SJS
    Sam Colangelo, ANA
    Yegor Chinakhov, CBJ

Jean-Luc Foudy, COL
    Kasper Simontaival, LAK
    Marat Khusnutdinov, MIN

2. Drop two of following six Goalies/Defensemen:

Dustin Wolf, CGY
    Lukas Dostal, ANA
    Artur Akhtyamov, TOR

William Wallinder, DET
    Emil Andrae, PHI
    Shakir Mukhamadullin, NJD
    Colangelo & Simontaival for me... just too far away to worry about. There will be a handfull of breakout players from their draft year that will by-pass them anyway. Leonard has a legit shot. I'll take 80+% shot to make NHL now vs. 20% 3yrs from now.

Akhtyamov & Andrea - similar reasons, years away from NHL. Wolf, Dostal are must keeps a Wallinder, Mukhamadullin have loads of opportunity to step into roles soon as they're ready.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Colangelo & Simontaival for me... just too far away to worry about. There will be a handfull of breakout players from their draft year that will by-pass them anyway. Leonard has a legit shot. I'll take 80+% shot to make NHL now vs. 20% 3yrs from now.

Akhtyamov & Andrea - similar reasons, years away from NHL. Wolf, Dostal are must keeps a Wallinder, Mukhamadullin have loads of opportunity to step into roles soon as they're ready.
    Great feedback. Amazing how diverse the opinions are. Simontaival is perfect example. Recommendations range from must keep, highest ceiling prospect, to must drop candidate. Common theme is too many prospects ahead of him.

Hopefully WJC adds some clarity to my decision making process. For example, if Colangelo gets cut for Team USA. He is a big power forward type, so there breakthroughs is two hundred games longer according to Dobber. I think his skating is his weakness, so with league getting faster might be tough for him to turn into top 6 forward.

Appreciate the help everybody. Not an experienced Dobber Forum user, so if somebody can clue me in on how I give recognition to those who responsed, would be appreciated. I saw on one post a mentions of « reps » but not sure what they are.
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Wizard

reason you get wide variety of opinion is cause all these guys are long shots to have great impact...they C grade prspects at best...some are closer to NHL some are far away from ceiling.

Simontival for example, if he does make it, he will not be a 4th rounder...he will be productive offensive player...but chances of him making it are probably 20% at best...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    reason you get wide variety of opinion is cause all these guys are long shots to have great impact...they C grade prspects at best...some are closer to NHL some are far away from ceiling.

Simontival for example, if he does make it, he will not be a 4th rounder...he will be productive offensive player...but chances of him making it are probably 20% at best...
    Dobber Prospects ratings:

Simontaival = 8.0 Fantasy Upside; 3.0 NHL Certainty
    Colangelo = 6.5; 6.2
    JL Foudy = 7.0; 5.5
    Khusnutdinov =7.0;3.0
    Leonard = 6.5;7.0
    Chinahkov =7.5;6.0

While Simontaival has lowest probability of making it to NHL (30%), he has the highest upside (80%), according to Dobber. For that reason, if Simontaival has a good WJC, I think he survives the cut. Colangelo though is on thin ice, pardon the pun. I am surprised Khusnutdinov is not rated higher upside (only 70%). Seems like he would be the next one in danger of being cut after Colangelo, with modest upside and low certainty. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

I've said this many times; when fantasy hockey starts rewarding points for upside or potential, I'll change my tune on a lot of guys. Upside/potential is just a "best case scenario". Give me the guys who are actually helping me fantasy hockey leagues, not the potential to do it. Sure, sometimes those guys hit their high potential, but not many of them are the long-shots.