Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which prospects should I drop in dynasty league?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Which prospects should I drop in dynasty league?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've said this many times; when fantasy hockey starts rewarding points for upside or potential, I'll change my tune on a lot of guys. Upside/potential is just a "best case scenario". Give me the guys who are actually helping me fantasy hockey leagues, not the potential to do it. Sure, sometimes those guys hit their high potential, but not many of them are the long-shots.
    in general i agree with you in this case i dont...non of these guys have high hopes as is...i much rather miss on potential PPG guy then hit on the sure 20/82 guy...but everybody has their own systems they like to follow
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    in general i agree with you in this case i dont...non of these guys have high hopes as is...i much rather miss on potential PPG guy then hit on the sure 20/82 guy...but everybody has their own systems they like to follow
    Truth!

To me it's like the playoffs. If you don't make the playoffs, you dont have a chance of winning the Cup. The same can be said for players. If they never make the show, they will never have a chance to succeed. You have to get there first before worrying about how good they will be. I'll take the guy who has the best chance to get there and see what he can do once he's there compared to the guy with the most potential, but never gets to the show to prove he's worthy. You have to get there to make it worth your while.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Truth!

To me it's like the playoffs. If you don't make the playoffs, you dont have a chance of winning the Cup. The same can be said for players. If they never make the show, they will never have a chance to succeed. You have to get there first before worrying about how good they will be. I'll take the guy who has the best chance to get there and see what he can do once he's there compared to the guy with the most potential, but never gets to the show to prove he's worthy. You have to get there to make it worth your while.
    yeah completely different philosophy nothing wrong with that either
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

two years ago if someone posted on here theytraded Tolvanen for Iafallo odds are most would have said that was a horrible deal (myself included)
    fast forward today.
    Iafallo's now entering 4th year breakout territory & Tolvanen is likely battling Trenin & Tomasino for the last spots on the roster (right now I'd be inclined to take either over him). but is more likely to spend another season in the A.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4