Thread: Who do you guys think I should keep? Will give rep to any help

Dobber Sports Novice

Lightbulb Who do you guys think I should keep? Will give rep to any help

Hey all, so I have some tough choices in my keeper pool this off-season.

Scoring categories are:

(skaters)
    G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG
    (goalies)
    W,SV%,GAA,SO

Positions: C2,RW2,LW2,D4,UTIL1,G2 (bench 4)

It is a 10 team keep 8, but I've traded Ehlers away this off-season for a 9th keeper slot.

Right now, I think that I will keep:

1. Marner
    2. Vasilevski
    3. Barkov
    4. Marchand
    5. Bergeron
    6. E Karlsson
    7. Deangelo
    8. Nugent Hopkins
    9. JT Miller

My top drops as of now are: Fiala, Grubaur, Kuznetsov, Bjorkstrand

I've been finishing in the top 3 the past couple of years and feel that my team is probably the second or third best right now, with one team at the top having a ridiculously good lineup of young stars (Panarin, Rantanen, Zibanajed, Huberdeau, Aho, Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Markstrom, Heiskanen) and 2nd place being a toss up between me and one other on paper. I'm not sure if I should sacrifice some certainty this year in a guy like Bergeron to get younger/think longer term with guys like Fiala/Grubaur. Bergeron produces a lot of PPP/SHP for me, and 1 SHP can usually win that cat for the week. I also have Kuz floating there who I know will be drafted in the first round, but I don't really want to keep him after his performance last year (could definitely come back to haunt me.)

A part of me is starting to wonder if keeping Bergeron may not be worth it since this other team is the clear favourite, but obviously anything can happen and I do have the best goalie in the league.

Any and all advice is welcome, what does everyone think I should do?
    Yahoo 10 Team Keeper League - Keep 8

Cats: G, A, PTS, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO

C- Barkov, Bergeron, Kuznetsov
    RW- Marner, Bjorkstrand, Ehlers
    LW- Marchand, Nugent-Hopkins, Dadonov
    D- Karlsson, DeAngelo, Provorov, Heiskanen
    G- Vasilevskiy, Grubaur

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Who do you guys think I should keep? Will give rep to any help

I’m keeping Fiala..Bergeron or RNH are my drops....i may consider dropping both and adding kuznetzov
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I’m keeping Fiala here, and dropping Bergeron.

I think Fiala absolutely needs to be kept. He broke out massively during last year’s second half, and is the top offensive threat in Minny.

Given Bergeron’s injury history, age, and potential void on his wings for this season due to the Marchand and Pastrnak injuries, he’s my drop.

I considered RNH, but he should play at a 70 point pace on the top PP with McDavid and Draisaitl. He too—like Fiala—had a massive second half last season and is playing for a new contract.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StillOn24 View Post
    I’m keeping Fiala here, and dropping Bergeron.

I think Fiala absolutely needs to be kept. He broke out massively during last year’s second half, and is the top offensive threat in Minny.

Given Bergeron’s injury history, age, and potential void on his wings for this season due to the Marchand and Pastrnak injuries, he’s my drop.

I considered RNH, but he should play at a 70 point pace on the top PP with McDavid and Draisaitl. He too—like Fiala—had a massive second half last season and is playing for a new contract.
    This is my train of thought as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I personally hold on to Bergeron one more year - short season and his SHP give him an edge hard to find elsewhere. Drop Karlsson in favour of Fiala, too many risks with EK for my liking. RNH is a must keep with 24 ppts last year, 26 the year prior.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Novice

Count me in on the drop Bergeron for fiala train.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would also drop Bergy and keep Fiala. Bergeron will be missing his linemates at the start of this upcoming shortened season so I expect he will not keep up with his current scoring pace. I count this year as a lost year for Bergeron and at his age, with his injury history and how hard he plays, his body probably feels like a 52 year old and the regression should start soon.

I also wouldn't worry about Kuzy, he is more name than production right now and it has been a few years since his highly productive 2017/2018 season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Keep fiala. Young and talented. Berg is getting up there in age and can’t stay healthy a full season.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks all, seems that there is almost a consensus that I should be dropping Bergeron. I think that is what I'll do, though losing all of those shorties/ppp when he is healthy will definitely hurt. It seems Marchand will be back to start the season and depending how long the delay to begin is, Bergeron shouldn't be without Pasta for too long. I'm going to try and redraft him in the 2nd or 3rd round, I have a feeling that he'll be overlooked due to the premium my pool places on youth and the lack of value people give to centers.

I can't bring myself to drop Karlsson just yet, but if he doesn't perform this year then he will be gone. He's only 30 right now and has had a ton of time off to heal, so if he can't bring it back to a 60pt pace this year then it is clear to me that he isn't ever going to fully return to form.

Kuznetsov I was willing to drop last year for a spot start in the playoffs if the right opportunity arose, so I feel that I've already moved on from him. His performance last year was really disappointing and who knows what he's been up to this off season. Could be cocaine and hookers, could be training.. not worth the risk to me lol. I'll try and trade him for a middle pick and be happy to take home any value if that works out.

Gave rep to everyone who replied, still curious and will continue to do so if anyone has more input! Thanks
    Yahoo 10 Team Keeper League - Keep 8

Cats: G, A, PTS, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO

C- Barkov, Bergeron, Kuznetsov
    RW- Marner, Bjorkstrand, Ehlers
    LW- Marchand, Nugent-Hopkins, Dadonov
    D- Karlsson, DeAngelo, Provorov, Heiskanen
    G- Vasilevskiy, Grubaur

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think DeAngelo is your drop for Fiala or Kuznetsov. I'm way less certain of him, and he has competition that could surpass him soon. Plus I doubt he's a first round pick so easier to redraft if you like.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think DeAngelo is your drop for Fiala or Kuznetsov. I'm way less certain of him, and he has competition that could surpass him soon. Plus I doubt he's a first round pick so easier to redraft if you like.
    Agree with this. I actually think I would take my chances with Kuz over Fiala too despite this year. I really think Kuz takes over at some point in Washington.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Fiala will break out even more next season. His line mates are going to be even better. Super high on him at the moment.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk