Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: US WJHC invitees annouced

The Great One

Default US WJHC invitees annouced

12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: US WJHC invitees annouced

That is one heck of a top 9 (assuming there's no surprise cuts)

Turcotte, Robertson, Caufield
    Zegras, Kaliyev, Boldy
    Beecher, Brisson, Brink
    (No attempt to decipher lines attempted, but this would make a lot of sense now looking at it)

and those goalies. man... completely Knight's net, but Wolf is a solid insurance policy.

Weakest link is their D
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

The D may not look sexy but they still have some excellent pieces back there. Their goalies will make up for the D shortcomings, if much of any.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

agreed this is a pretty well put together team.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

What's peoples thoughts on guys like Robertson and Caufield being on the NHL squads potentially? More Robertson because the Leafs really made moves that look like they moved players to get him a spot.

If the NHL is actually starting early to mid-January, that would mean these players will likely be not starting with the team, or coming in to the team right when the season starts.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    What's peoples thoughts on guys like Robertson and Caufield being on the NHL squads potentially? More Robertson because the Leafs really made moves that look like they moved players to get him a spot.

If the NHL is actually starting early to mid-January, that would mean these players will likely be not starting with the team, or coming in to the team right when the season starts.
    I think Robertson will at least have the 9 games trial, Caufield it's harder to tell... anywhere between 1 to 3 years could be it. I was more confident about his timeline before the Anderson/Toffoli signings and Gallagher extension, next offseason and Seattle expansion will give a clearer picture to Caufield NHL arrival.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

A potential first line of Zegras (unreal playmaker), Caufield (snipe show) and either Robertson or Kaliyev (both who can shoot as well) will cause havoc all tourny long.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Considering Caufield is still a College student, I'd say the likelihood of him playing in the NHL are slim. He would have to sign before he can go anywhere and I dont think the Habs are going to rush him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Caufiled said last year he is staying in college for at least one more year. Now i believe he made that decision prior to covid so depending on how his college year goes he coudl change his mind but i agree with Axe, i dont think he is in NHL this year.

As for world juniors. I think most guys will be allowed to play and then come and play in NHL. even if NHL starts on January 1st, for most guys they would miss 2-3 games at most even if they make it to WJC final.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hoping Mastrosimone can get a crack here but they are absolutely stacked.

Dobber Sports Wizard

they are stacked!

i find it funny how many articles say that highlights of that roster are Robertson, Turcotte and Caufield ...when i think Zegras is their best player.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Did NJD already said J.Hughes won't be allowed to play at the WJC?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

I believe the most recent plan for Caufield is for him to play this season at Wisc and then sign his ELC and join the Habs late in the season and see what happens.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

id love to see Beecher play with Boldy.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't know why, but something rubs me the wrong way about this team. They're gonna be bringing a very similar team to the one that disappointed last year. Last year, they should have demolished everyone. This year, Canada is bringing a super-team due to the pandemic (even without Lafreniere, but I think he'll be there in the end) and Russia should be unstoppable. Canada and Russia both have recently drafted players that will dominate this year, but who have experience from last year (Byfield, Drysdale, Askarov).
    Russian just brought their world junior team to a tournament with MEN and dominated.
    Canada has an insane forward group and maybe an even better D. Big hole in net though, but we thought that last year.
    The Swedes have the terror twins who should also dominate. Plus an awesome goalie tandem in Alnefelt and Wallstedt. And maybe the best D in the tournament (it's either them or Canada). Soderstrom could dominate this tournament (along with Bjornfot, Wallinder, Broberg, Grans, Andrae, Johansson).
    While I think the Finns are behind the big 4 this year, their projected team is nothing to scoff at. Solid from top to bottom.
    My point is that last year's strengths for the USA (high powered offense and goaltending) weren't anywhere near enough, and this year the other top teams are older and much better. I know that when it comes to the medal round anything can happen in one game, but still, there was no excuse for last year and this year is essentially the same team (maybe worse since I doubt Robertson is there). First line should be insane, but that's not enough when you aren't playing Latvia. Yes, they are one year older than last year, but even last year's team was older than the other teams.

One of USA, Russian or Sweden will wind up playing Finland in the quarterfinals. Sweden always does well in the prelims, and I have this feeling that Askarov is coming to Edmonton to steal the show (AND WILL!). The Finn team is very similar to the one that knocked out the USA last year and I would absolutely not want to have to play them in the quarters. Then the winner of that will have to go on to the semis to play one of the other two teams in that same group (Sweden or Russia) before going on to the finals.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.