Thread: Power play lines Pens/Sabres

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Power play lines Pens/Sabres

"We think we'll start Kapanen with Sid and Jake. We'll see how it goes, and if we have to make adjustments, we'll make adjustments. But when you look at our top six right now with Sid, Jake and Kapanen and then Geno (Evgeni Malkin), Rust and Zucker, it's a pretty solid top six."

That was Coach Sullivan, and I think it was Rutherford that said because of handedness (Kapanen and Rust are righties, while Zucker is a leftie), Kapanen and Rust might get first crack at the lucrative top PP spot. Although like Tom Collins mentioned in his article, Zucker was a '
    feature on the top power-play unit in the playoffs.'

So who gets the last PP spot assuming Crosby, Malking, Guentzel, and Letang are fixtures.

Speaking of top PP who gets the remaining two spots in Buffalo, assuming Eichel, Hall, and Dahlin are locks.
    Contenders: Staal, Olofsson, Reinhart.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Power play lines Pens/Sabres

I can see Rust or Zucker on that top PP. Both should good looks.

In Buffalo I expect to see Reinhart and Olofssson on their top PP.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

My guess would be Rust in Pittsburgh.

I would think that all three of Staal, Olofsson and Reinhart would see significant time on PP1 in Buffalo. Buffalo will probably have Eichel/Hall/Dahlin play most of the PP while the other 2 spots will be rotated.

Dobber Sports Stud

It's all speculation right now, but FWIW Olofsson was pretty successful last season on the top PP.
    He scored 11 goals in those situations, tied with players like McDavid, Eichel and Hoffman.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The PP for the Penguins could flop around a bit. I'd expect Rust at first.

In Buffalo, I'd think Staal is the center on PP2, but the idea that they may run Eichel/Hall nearly the whole 2 minutes has some merit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.