Thread: Trading for Lafreniere

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for Lafreniere

Might as well join everyone else talking about trading for Lafreniere!

I reached out to the GM in my league who has the first overall pick. He was initially reluctant, but after some back and forth, we discussed the possibility of moving the pick for Barzal, Meier, and a later pick (exactly which one was left open, but 3rd round at the earliest). He seems tempted and is considering it, as am I.

I'm a big fan of Barzal, and believe he can be a 90+pt player. And he's a guy who has already scored 85 points in the NHL, vs a guy who has yet to play a single NHL game. But I have reservations about Barzal's teammates and the coaching system on the Island. I also have plenty of centre depth, so I can afford to lose him in that sense.

With regards to Meier, my last 3 keeper candidates (of which I can only keep 2) are him, Larkin, and Fiala. By moving Meier, it just make my decision easier. And then I will likely end up keeping either Vrana or Ellis with my last spot.

Based on all this, I am leaning towards proceeding with the trade, assuming he accepts. But thought I would throw it out to the internet for your collective wisdom...

League/team details in signature.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trading for Lafreniere

I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section, and for that, I feel shame... not sure if an admin can move it for me?
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Considering you're doing it with your excess keepers I'd go for it. You're consolidating your roster and when your league gets back to a keep 15 you'll be stacked! You're spoilt for choice. I agree that Barzal is the one you'd want to dangle to get Lafraniere as I think Barzal's max is around the 70 pts as long as Trotz is coaching. Once he leaves Barzal will get close to PPG but it's still a few years away.

I think it's a good deal to get another stud player. Ultimately you're getting the best player in the deal IMO, so as long as you don't touch your core I'd do it.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Deity

I have no issues moving Barzal because he's not a great player in your setup, especially with no FOW. He may be a decent offensive guy but he doesnt offer much more than that, and I am not even sold that he's as good as you think. I'd be more upset losing Meier because he fits this league setup more. I am going to guess you dont win the hits category too often most weeks.

You have to look at the deal as a whole. You'd be moving Barzal, Meier and a pick for Lafreniere, Vrana (? depending on who slides in as a keeper) and someone else??

I'd do the deal mainly because I see Lafreniere as an upgrade to Meier, not to Barzal. Most of the other guys will already be an upgrade to Barzal. I am just not as high on him in multicat leagues as you are.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You should take that deal. He will probably back out however.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have the 1st overall pick as well and my league is similar to yours. I wouldn’t even consider moving Laf for that package. Try your best, but I have my doubts.