Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade question!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trade question!

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Everyone is all chubby for Shesterkin. What other goalies are out there in your league after keepers?
    My pool has been running for a long time and I’ve only had 1 gm, one of the savvy dude’s ask about him. So you need a guy that wants to upgrade rookie, or has none, but not everyone is hot and heavy about rookies either, you don’t have to carry one over it’s just a nice option to have. And Anyone not named Shesterkin, hell I’m dropping Samsonov and Hart myself lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Punt Seguin. In a shortened season he is just going to be a boat anchor. Let someone else deal with him.
    I know you aren’t a fan of Seguin, but do you see any value in Fiala vs Meier given everything I’ve said (including Meier having 3 yrs contract left, and Fiala contractless right now, and our categories)?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Check again.
    You still never asked a question even after editing your post lol. No biggie, I’ve just found some of your posts a bit hard to follow.

Dobber Sports Stud

You’re dropping Carter Hart already.. so I see it unlikely that both Hart and Shesterkin get drafted in top 3. Does your league prevent you from re-drafting the same player? If not, make your best deals and then draft GK at #4 overall.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    You still never asked a question even after editing your post lol. No biggie, I’ve just found some of your posts a bit hard to follow.
    Lol, how did I not ask a question? I’m pretty sure I did..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    You’re dropping Carter Hart already.. so I see it unlikely that both Hart and Shesterkin get drafted in top 3. Does your league prevent you from re-drafting the same player? If not, make your best deals and then draft GK at #4 overall.
    No not at all, you can draft whoever you want I’m just saying goalies aren’t prioritized as much keeper wise and in the draft itself I gave some numbers but the only goalie in 1st round last year was Vasileskiy as I mentioned. Not sure who GK is.. And I wouldn’t usually reach for a goalie in Top 5 picks, I mean Lehner will probably be around in like Rd 3 I’m guessing, mind you I love the fact Shest is still a rookie this upcoming season. I’d love to re draft Shest if I don’t hang onto him, but not sure I’d need to draft him in first round, maybe the team that said they like him would grab him late first but who knows. Nothing wrong with grabbing him at 4 but who knows who will be available, I don’t even know what I’m doing keeper wise yet outside of Hughes draisaitl hall. Trying to figure that out thus all these posts. I’m not used to picking in Top 5, I lucked out with this pick via trade, I feel I’m usually picking like 8-11 range. In top 5 you got to seriously consider a young stud prospect, although depends on team situation and such, but you need those blue chip guys too, like how I got Hughes last year but via trade. I consider myself a strong contender so since I won’t get Lafreniere probably a stretch to go young, but I’d love a building block forward, all will depend on what’s available. Maybe at 4 there is a Patches type, vs say Kaprisov is in the draft, then that’s a tough decision. I also don’t want to run into a situation where I use a first on a guy that gets sent down or plays 3rd line minutes, I’d want a Boeser type rookie year, ROY type candidate, an example is Rossi, but I doubt he’s as likely to get 60 or more like Laffy. Anyone have any tips on my format and drafting in my slot and based on my other keepers?

I’m in a keeper format, so find it tricky sometimes weighing picking a guy that’ll help more in the immediate, while maybe passing up on a potential stud that could fit into your teams
    Plans beyond that first year. To me you just have to get lucky sometimes, like back when I discovered Pasta in the 7th round that year he broke out, I stupidly moved on from him but he took some time to develop. You just can’t expect every year to land on a rookie that’ll be great, I mean one year I didn’t love my rookie so I acquired Aho who I later moved on from (next season) but I just want to balance being good right now but also being built well for future seasons. The draft is just meant to supplement your keepers, obviously there is a talent drop off in a re draft in a 14 team 4 keeper + rookie carry over league, but there are still diamonds in the rough.

Regarding rookies, I’d typically target one rd 5 and after, unless I’m picking first or potentially Top 5 like I am and there is an obvious guy to grab, because every year a couple high picks go early, but while Hischier looked like a solid pick a couple years ago, my brother signed him to 4 years and it looks iffy at the moment. I got boeser pretty late in the year I picked him, so I prefer getting my rookie later vs I made a mistake and picked Zadina Top 10 a couple years ago then he didn’t even make the team. And he’s not a rookie stash like a Elias P was before he came over to NA, way more volatile to this point. So I guess moral of the story is have to be careful regarding overvaluing a rookie, as you can’t assume they’ll come in and be a ROY candidate. I just think it’d be hard to pass on a Stutzle/Byfield type if they were there at 4, but a guy like Rossi will def be available late in draft so is he that much different upside wise? I mean if I could get a guy similar to Laf, Byfield, Stutzle in the 5-7 round I’d happily do that, And grab a proven guy early but those are the top 3 picks so surely there is some gap between them and say a Rossi.

Rant complete, fantasy hockey is difficult lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Get rid of Seguin if you can. That injury is very worrisome. I prefer Meier to fiala slightly straight up myself. So I wouldnt give a 1st as well to acquire fiala.
    The idea here isn't about Fiala vs Meier, I likely wouldn't be able to keep Fiala, I'd be getting him and trying to flip him for a pick or use as a sweetener in a 2 for 1, although this is unlikely, and it's more so about opening up a regular keeper spot for Quinn and sliding Shest over to rookie slot.

I would have to downgrade the second of my 1st rounders to a 3rd, and buy out Getz for 50, vs in another deal I'd just dump Meier to a team that would buy him out for a 4th, thus my thread on that..
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax