Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade question!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade question!

I'd like to preface this by saying, as it currently stands this would be my keeper/rookie set up:

3 yr: Meier/Drasaitl
    2 yr: Hall/Seguin
    R: Quinn Hughes

And my picks: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8.

So guys I'd be dropping from my roster: Dubois, Backstrom, Hedman, Hart, E Lindholm, Samsonov, Horvat, etc. I was pretty deep as I made some rental deals, and also finished in the money (4th).

I excluded Shesterkin from the above list of guys I plan to drop because my trade talks involving Meier are to free up room for Shesterkin (since Quinn Hughes would go to keeper slot, and Shesterkin to rookie slot, vs Quinn as rookie and drop Shesterkin).

I had initial talks with someone about moving Meier and a 4th rounder (nothing coming back to me), but they'd buy out his contract (150$) because they're short on picks.

I would then go Hughes (4), Drasaitil (3), Seguin/Hall (2) and Shesterkin (R), and my picks would be 1-1-3-5-5-6-7-8-9.

I think this is my most likely/preferred scenario, I get out from Meier's contract/risk and get to hang onto a stud goalie, and yeah I'd have an injured Seguin but I think my team/draft picks are strong enough where I can absorb his loss, plus 2 of the other cash teams from last year are missing key guys too, one of which is Marchand and the other Pasta, albeit for shorter but you get the idea. I also believe in Seguin and would rather not cut him at his lowest value given I have time to be patient.

I then engaged in talks with a different GM who wouldn't buy out Meier, he'd keep him (team is rebuilding) and the offer was my Meier + 1st (11th overall) for Fiala + 3rd (30th overall) + Getz (1 year of contract I'd have to buy out, so 50$), so I'm at least getting some sort of value for Meier.

Not likely I'd end up being able to keep Fiala given the whole purpose of moving Meier in the first place and my situation, but I could maybe flip him for a pick or try to add him as a sweetener in a 2 for 1 with say Seguin where I get a keeper upgrade (ie: Barkov).

Another gm had said pre Seguin timeline news he'd take Seguin + Dubois + a 3rd for Barkov, but maybe adding a Fiala in vs Dubois would mean I wouldn't have to send a pick, or not that high at least. So the 2 for 1 scenario is 1 where I would move on from Seguin but I'd have to talk to that gm. Wouldn't really make a ton of sense to try and offer Dubois/Fiala because I can't move no contract and take another on, too much headache and it's asking another gm to just happen to like those 2 players, let alone together. Maybe I could have Fiala as a 1 year guy and drop Shest, I guess in my mind though my main reason for trying these other moves potentially is because I like Shest so much. I guess in an ideal world I’d get Fiala then flip him in a 2 for 1 for an upgrade. Or I don’t do the Fiala deal at all, look at him in the draft and move Meier with a 4th, might be better that way even though not getting value out of him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trade question!

You never asked a question...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    You never asked a question...
    Check again.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Why would you be buying out Meier? I'm a bit confused as I prefer the Meier side of this deal personally.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Why would you be buying out Meier? I'm a bit confused as I prefer the Meier side of this deal personally.

I've got Meier under contract for 3 more years, Seguin for 2, so if I were to stand pat and not make any moves I wouldn't be able to do Shesterkin as rookie and Quinn Hughes as 4 year, I'd have Quinn as my rookie and have to try and re-draft Shesterkin
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

I very much doubt the GM interested in Seguin would still take the offer. Maybe if he’s a Stars fanboy. However you do it keep Shesterkin and Hughes and get them under contract as long as you can.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I very much doubt the GM interested in Seguin would still take the offer. Maybe if he’s a Stars fanboy. However you do it keep Shesterkin and Hughes and get them under contract as long as you can.
    To keep them as long as I can, the ideal slotting would be Hughes @ 4 years and Shesterkin as rookie. Draisaitl and Hall are locks, so it would be 1 more slot I'm trying to figure out, but there are existing contracts and potential trades to look at.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Get rid of Seguin if you can. That injury is very worrisome. I prefer Meier to fiala slightly straight up myself. So I wouldnt give a 1st as well to acquire fiala.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Get rid of Seguin if you can. That injury is very worrisome. I prefer Meier to fiala slightly straight up myself. So I wouldnt give a 1st as well to acquire fiala.
    It is worrisome, but Pastrnak is coming off of the same type surgery, Seguin a bit older but not a 30 + guy either. I just think I'd be ditching him at his lowest value, 2 more years with him so have time to wait it out, you know?

Also this isn't a banger league, not sure if that changes your opinion on Meier.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Punt Seguin. In a shortened season he is just going to be a boat anchor. Let someone else deal with him.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Punt Seguin. In a shortened season he is just going to be a boat anchor. Let someone else deal with him.
    Everyone hating on Seguin, sheesh lol. Easier said than done, he's got 2 years contract left..

They forget he was a ppg guy before last year and he had bad luck metrics last year lol.

Thoughts on Meier vs Fiala in my format?

I said in an ideal world could move Seguin + Fiala for instance for a keeper upgrade, if need be. Just thought getting some potential value out of Meier is better than just trading him and giving him up a pick to a team that would just buy him out, and I'm not spending 150 to buy him out myself. But if I acquire Fiala then am not able to even do a 2 for 1 then it would be a bit of a waste. I like Fiala for sure but the only way I could guarantee keeping him is if I do the Meier trade, then move on from Seguin, but not sure if 1 year of Fiala is better or worth it.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

To simplify, I can stand pat with my picks, Meier and Seguin and try to re-draft Shesterkin, or I hang onto Shesterkin but it will involve more tinkering, whether it be moving on from Meier, Seguin or both.

I just wouldn't want to acquire Fiala in a deal and then end up having to drop him, because then I paid downgrading from 1st to 3rd round + 50$ buy out on Getz, and all I got out of it was getting out of Meier's contract (when I could just move him with a 4th to do that and still hang onto Shest).

It's just a question of how people see Meier vs Fiala vs Seguin, and the different scenarios I've proposed (picks, buy outs, etc).

The locks on my team at the moment are Hall, Draisaitl and Hughes, but we're a keep 4 + rookie carry-over.

If I acquire Fiala, then try to do a 2 for 1 there are no guarantees that happens is my concern.

I just want to go into next year with the best group I can, while also being comfortable with my picks still.

Of course acquiring Fiala would give me more flexibility/options but it would look worse if I end up dropping him + the pick downgrade + the Getz buy out.

It's nice to have had a good season, and to be in the position to make tough decisions but I just want to do the right thing is all!
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

If you drop Shesterkin he will not be available to redraft. Keep him.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    If you drop Shesterkin he will not be available to redraft. Keep him.
    I am picking 4th overall, also he isn't a household name at this point and he's a goalie. I mean 1 or 2 high picks always go in the Top 5, but from the most recent draft.

Of course if a young stud is dropped, say Kaprisov yeah he wasn't drafted this past draft so he'd get snatched up pretty early I'd guess, but goalies are a different animal. The only goalie drafted in the first round last year was Vasilevskiy, a proven guy and he's not in the draft this year as he's being kept.

7 goalies were drafted in the first 3 rounds last year.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

Everyone is all chubby for Shesterkin. What other goalies are out there in your league after keepers?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: