Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - 2021 NWHL Fantasy League Discussion

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2020 - 2021 NWHL Fantasy League Discussion

I will but you have to sign up (through twitter/FB/etc) to comment on the page and it takes a day to process. The whole setup is linked where it says 'google sheet' in the article.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It looks like I can't post in comments until a later time because I just signed up.

Here's my roster so I don't forget what I created when I am able to enter it.

F - McKenna Brand
    F- Alli Thurnstrom
    F - Jillian Dempsey
    F - Jonna Curtis
    F - Christina Putigna
    F - Haylea Schmid

D - Kaleigh Fratkin
    D - Elena Orlando
    D - Taylor Marchin
    D - Allie Olnowich

G- Sonjia Shelly
    G- Lovisa Selander
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Some big names coupled with a few bottom values. I'm trying to find a balance with the opposite approach haha
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm busy this week... but I'm on board with creating buzz for women's hockey via fantasy hockey.
    It's exciting that they linked in your projections.
    Wonder if any of the players are like "I'm gonna score more than 3pts... who IS this guy?"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm busy this week... but I'm on board with creating buzz for women's hockey via fantasy hockey.
    It's exciting that they linked in your projections. Wonder if any of the players are like "I'm gonna score more than 3pts... who IS this guy?"
    Yeah I know! Fun to get out there
    I was actually chatting with Mike Murphy who put it all together and he used me as a bit of a guinea pig to check the values, provide some fantasy input, and make sure the team selection options made sense.

It would surprise me if there weren't a few of those conversations going on behind the scenes. The NWHL community is a lot closer to the fans on social media than the mens leagues.
    Plus it is super tough to project rookies for the NWHL!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Some big names coupled with a few bottom values. I'm trying to find a balance with the opposite approach haha
    Yup... hopefully the top point producers produce the majority of points haha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yup... hopefully the top point producers produce the majority of points haha
    I just changed my roster up again. I now have an epic team name, and a good range of producers.

*BTW in our league my team name is going to be Fratkin on a Napkin. (Really did not draft players that mesh well for a team name)

Dobber Sports Titan

Taylor Accursi has opted out (She's OPP in the GTA).

That means P7 needs a new pick for his team. I'll get him to PM me his selection + a backup and then I can assign them all in order assuming this isn't the last one that crops up.

Dobber Sports Titan

So, I'm in the process of filling out our replacements (waiver style). MagicStew is the only one who got out without having a player opt out, while the rest of us lost one each. I'm at least glad it wasn't one team decimated.

Waiting on a picks from Dr Brad and the rest of P7s list (the one name you sent me is going to be taken).

Going to replace them in what would have been the order of the 10th draft round which is the most fair IMO as it was an uneven set of rounds to begin with so this balances things out a little.

Since I'm the one seeing all the names and whatnot I'm just going to take whoever is leftover at the end (i.e. shifting my place in the waiver order/10th draft round to last)

Games start Saturday!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Going to replace them in what would have been the order of the 10th draft round which is the most fair IMO as it was an uneven set of rounds to begin with so this balances things out a little.
    Wooooo, no sir.
    "most fair" would be to allow the person with the highest "opting out" pick to pick first.
    Then continuing from there.

Wooooo, no sir.
    "most fair" would be to allow the person with the highest "opting out" pick to pick first.
    Then continuing from there.
    This is how we did it for the World Junior Draft - but it didn't make a difference.... no one was close to replacing Kirby Dach #1 overall.

And Yes, EB you have all of our lists for replacement... but I think it is fair for you to pick in the order that you were supposed to pick. We all had access to your projections for the original draft. So I don't think you should have to wait til last overall if your pick was the highest to be drafted and then opted out.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

^Fair point and good arguments. Happy to go with it that way.

In that case I have names for everyone, and P7 you can ignore my PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to post those in the picks thread now.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks. I think my team is toast with Accursi out... I need all the help I can get.
    (plus I spent WAY WAY too much time researching my replacement pick... like 30+ minutes... and didn't want to put myself through that again!)

Add Note: Any suggestions on best way to catch the games?
    I think only the semis and maybe final are on NBC, yes?
    I'd like to watch as many as possible.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks. I think my team is toast with Accursi out... I need all the help I can get.
    (plus I spent WAY WAY too much time researching my replacement pick... like 30+ minutes... and didn't want to put myself through that again!)

Losing Accursi hurts but it's not like we have a ton of research on the NWHL so even in a full season it was going to be hard to predict. In a short season who knows what's going to happen!

Darkangelo is who I would have picked if she was still there for my pick, so it was a nice choice. Real wildcard but lots of upside. I think my projections were too low on her as a rookie (as I said, so tough to evaluate).

Every single game will be available free on their Twitch channel --> https://www.twitch.tv/nwhl

Darkangelo - there has to be a team name in there somewhere....

And I am wishing you didn't spend so much time researching your replacement player... cause that is who was on top of my list.

​​