Thread: Kubalik, Gurianov

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Kubalik, Gurianov

Hi,
    Where you insert Kubalik and Gurianov in the 2020 draft?
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Kubalik, Gurianov

Quote Originally Posted by Lucus View Post
    Hi,
    Where you insert Kubalik and Gurianov in the 2020 draft?
    Thanks
    Here's the situation, keeper league, I draft 5, Lafreničre, Byfield will be 1 and 2. From last year draft, Gurianov and Kubalik was not drafted. Where you put Kubalik and Gurianov with the remaining 2020 prospects? Rossi, Perfetti, Holtz, Stützle...
    From a front runner and two years stand point.
    Thanks for your input

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Lucus View Post
    Here's the situation, keeper league, I draft 5, Lafreničre, Byfield will be 1 and 2. From last year draft, Gurianov and Kubalik was not drafted. Where you put Kubalik and Gurianov with the remaining 2020 prospects? Rossi, Perfetti, Holtz, Stützle...
    From a front runner and two years stand point.
    Thanks for your input
    I’d say most of the guys drafted in the first round in 2020 have higher upside than Kubalik and Gurianov. I’d put them near the end of the first round. Kubalik should be a consistent high 50’s low 60’s type. Gurianov a bit lower. That should be the absolute floor for the majority the forwards taken in 2020 first round.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

I’d agree on the floor assessment for the 2020 Fs, but many will not see that in the next two years....which is what you asked about. So probably after those that are close to NHL ready (there are several discussion topics here about just that - just search it) I’d throw Kubalik in and Garikov later on.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Isn't the upside of Gurianov a fair bit better than that? I'm having trouble projecting what Gurianov will be... 50-55p seems mediocre and might be what he'll end up as, but is that what people expect him to be? I have to make a decision on him too and I'm just not sure what to make of him.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    Isn't the upside of Gurianov a fair bit better than that? I'm having trouble projecting what Gurianov will be... 50-55p seems mediocre and might be what he'll end up as, but is that what people expect him to be? I have to make a decision on him too and I'm just not sure what to make of him.
    Upside is a very different. I’d say Gurianov has 70 point upside, but that’s if everything breaks his way. Not a lot of guys actually reach their projected upside. Given the style Dallas plays, and the inconsistency Gurianov has shown so far, 50 points is about what you should hope for. Until one of those two factors (conservative offence and DG’s inconsistency) change, 50 is a good number for him.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Upside is a very different. I’d say Gurianov has 70 point upside, but that’s if everything breaks his way. Not a lot of guys actually reach their projected upside. Given the style Dallas plays, and the inconsistency Gurianov has shown so far, 50 points is about what you should hope for. Until one of those two factors (conservative offence and DG’s inconsistency) change, 50 is a good number for him.
    Upside is what I'd hope for, but realistically I'd expect something a bit lower. Hoping for 50p until something changes won't win me much. A better question is whether the inconsistency of a young Gurianov should be expected to continue? What will the injury of Seguin mean to his production? Some players have a greater chance of reaching a high potential compared to others - is Gurianov one of them?

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Gurianov should get some more opportunities this coming season. It’s hard to predict if a guy will become more consistent. All we have to work with is what we’ve seen, and what we know about him. Everything else is kind of a guess. I just wouldn’t expect him to become a superstar in Dallas.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR: