Addison

Sanderson

Short term:

Valimaki
    T. Smith
    Addison
    R. Merkley

Sanderson

Yes Merkley has the attitude issues, but if he ages out of that, the ceiling is far above those of the other players. If there's a legit chance at a 60-70 pt defenseman, I think you take that gamble.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Prospects D-men -rank them

I remember when DeAngelo had "issues" too. Sometimes the player can work through those issues, sometimes they can't (Ho-Sang) so there's risk around Merkley for sure. If it comes down to me choosing between Merkley and someone else, I'll go with someone else nine times out of ten but that's me.

The skill level from Merkley has him hear the top of this group but the risk pushes him down my list.

Valimaki
    Smith
    Addison
    Merkley
    Sanderson
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember when DeAngelo had "issues" too. Sometimes the player can work through those issues, sometimes they can't (Ho-Sang) so there's risk around Merkley for sure. If it comes down to me choosing between Merkley and someone else, I'll go with someone else nine times out of ten but that's me.

The skill level from Merkley has him hear the top of this group but the risk pushes him down my list.
    This a totally valid position. I think that DeAngelo's success has a lot of Merkley owners, myself included, perhaps overly optimistic.

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd gamble on Merkley ahead of Sanderson or Addison. There are definitely question marks, but a year under Dale Hunter without any new issues? That's a sign of maturation for me. I think he could be a buy-low in a lot of leagues.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    This a totally valid position. I think that DeAngelo's success has a lot of Merkley owners, myself included, perhaps overly optimistic.
    I have seen him play live several times over the years in the O. If he can get his sh*t together, the sky's the limit. Time will tell, but I think SJ is so desperate and void of prospects that he's probably in the best place he can be...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I'd gamble on Merkley ahead of Sanderson or Addison. There are definitely question marks, but a year under Dale Hunter without any new issues? That's a sign of maturation for me. I think he could be a buy-low in a lot of leagues.
    I’ll admit I soured on Merkley when he was in Guelph. He was literally run out of the city. Just so happened it was on a day when Peterborough was in Guelph. May sound mean but the Storm collectively had a suitcase in Merkley’s spot in the locker when the trade went down as a symbol to “get the hell out”. And all he had to do was walk 35 feet down the hall to the other locker room. But he was labelled a cancer by the entire team. Then not much longer after the Pete’s essentially told him he wouldn’t play fir them again after the offseason. And off to London he went. And there it was pretty sad to see all that talent still mared by his arrogance and seemingly disinterest. He too would place himself at the top of this list. I believe he’d get rocked.

He was supposed to be huge as the 1st over all pick that year in the O and he was. But I fear his huge arrogance will screw the chances his talent should give him.

Just my Merk rant.

I like Axe’s ranking but I’d probably steer clear of Merk and take Sanderson of him as well. He can be someone else’s boom or bust.