Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jays looking at building a new ball park?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Jays looking at building a new ball park?

it would be great if these stadiums could be built with a plan to make renovating them easier in the future vs. tearing down & building another one completely.

30 years for $570m (1.02b today). not the greatest return on investment me thinks.

Skydome current location is such a huge tourist draw (Next to CN Tower) that no matter how logistical the nightmare for fans to get to it 3-4 times a week. There's enough people visiting the downtown core that it would be foolish to move it too far away. Would love to see a number on tourists as a % of attendance over the regular season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it would be great if these stadiums could be built with a plan to make renovating them easier in the future vs. tearing down & building another one completely.

30 years for $570m (1.02b today). not the greatest return on investment me thinks.

Skydome current location is such a huge tourist draw (Next to CN Tower) that no matter how logistical the nightmare for fans to get to it 3-4 times a week. There's enough people visiting the downtown core that it would be foolish to move it too far away. Would love to see a number on tourists as a % of attendance over the regular season.
    I wouldn't even say that 570mill is the issue. It's the money they spent like 2-3yrs ago to turn the infield into natural grass/dirt that sucks more. Throwing money into a reno to just demolish it few yrs later is a waste.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Agreed. Building them with future reno's in mind is a good idea. I don't get to too many games but I like it where it is. It's a great atmosphere. Also, it should have a retractable roof. It has to suck to be stuck in a 3 hr rain delay or getting there only to find out the game is rained out. I'm also one for comfort when watching. No fun sitting there freezing your butt off.