Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who took your concert virginity?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Who took your concert virginity?

Metallica 1990
    Suburban Chicago
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill tour. The things you do for a girlfriend.

Opening Band: Crash Test Dummies

They're one of my guilty pleasures & one of the best band names out there.
    It was the last tour they did due to Brad Roberts medical issues (throat) pretty much for 25 years.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill tour. The things you do for a girlfriend.

Opening Band: Crash Test Dummies

They're one of my guilty pleasures & one of the best band names out there.
    It was the last tour they did due to Brad Roberts medical issues (throat) pretty much for 25 years.
    Could have been worse...I went to a James Blunt concert with a gf once (but, I ended up marrying her, so it was worth it!)
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

When I was a kid my mom worked at the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville. I got to watch Johnny Cash perform from backstage, then met the man after his show. I was only 7 years old but I remember it like yesterday.
    I saw Van Halen at the Kingdome in Seattle in 1985. I was 15. It was pretty incredible. So many great concerts since then. When I was in College we would go to shows by Soundgarden Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains for 5 bucks at a local dive. We did this every weekend for a couple of years until the Seattle bands got huge and left on world tours.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    When I was a kid my mom worked at the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville. I got to watch Johnny Cash perform from backstage, then met the man after his show. I was only 7 years old but I remember it like yesterday.
    I saw Van Halen at the Kingdome in Seattle in 1985. I was 15. It was pretty incredible. So many great concerts since then. When I was in College we would go to shows by Soundgarden Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains for 5 bucks at a local dive. We did this every weekend for a couple of years until the Seattle bands got huge and left on world tours.

Very cool!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

My first big concert was ZZ Top the night before my first day of high school. 4 of us went with one of their mother's driving us the 220kms to Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton. The mother was a drug counsellor and she definitely noticed the smell that we acquired (only from our surroundings and not ourselves) during the concert. It was a late night and an early start to high school the next morning.

Administrator

My first reaction when I saw this thread title while being really tired: Wait what? Oh, concerts... of course.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great topic. Gotta take the way-back machine though.

Duke Ellington @Carnegie Hall when I was 12. Don’t remember it much.

Led Zeppelin Houses if the Holy tour 1973 in Vancouver. I’ll never forget the first time I saw my favourite band.
    Caught them 3 more times finishing off with Page & Plant tour after the release of the brutal album Walking into Clarksdale

Managed to catch quite a few bands the first time through Vancouver in small venues like Queen E Theatre and Playhouse. The Orphieum , Commadore Ballroom and UBC War Memorial Gym. Acts such as, Genesis (with Gabriel), U2, SuperTramp, Kiss, Todd Rundgren, Sammy Hagar, ELO, Joe Cocker, The Tubes.

One of the best concerts was AC/DC opening for Aerosmith. AC/DC blew the doors off the place. Aerosmith didn’t know what hit them. After their second lacklustre song they were being booed.

Ah, good times, thinking about all the concerts, venues, what was going on in the world at the time, what a great ride down memory lane. Cheers from the old guy .
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My first reaction when I saw this thread title while being really tired: Wait what? Oh, concerts... of course.
    Same.... before it clicked my first thought.. how long has Axe been out to sea?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Same.... before it clicked my first thought.. how long has Axe been out to sea?
    LOL! I am not on a ship right now. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

fall of 1987 ; Motley Crue @ Maple Leaf Gardens with opening act Whitesnake .

what a night to remember in my very early 20's

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    That is totally awesome! I know it is somewhat the "in thing" to like Cash, posthumously. I think there's a song out there that says something like "where were all these fans when he was alive", but I've been a Cash fan since I could barely walk. My grand-dad, whom I'm named after, died when I was really young, and I have very few memories of him. But, one thing I will always remember is driving around in his orange GMC pick up truck listening to Johnny Cash on the truck's 8-track player. I'd literally sit on my grand-dad's lap while he drove his truck! Man, the 70s.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    That is totally awesome! I know it is somewhat the "in thing" to like Cash, posthumously. I think there's a song out there that says something like "where were all these fans when he was alive", but I've been a Cash fan since I could barely walk. My grand-dad, whom I'm named after, died when I was really young, and I have very few memories of him. But, one thing I will always remember is driving around in his orange GMC pick up truck listening to Johnny Cash on the truck's 8-track player. I'd literally sit on my grand-dad's lap while he drove his truck! Man, the 70s.
    I cut my teeth playing my acoustic guitar with my dad playing Cash, Willie, Waylon, Hank (Sr), Merle to name a few back in the 70s when I was a kid. I still play the good ole country on my guitar all the time.

I agree with you about the Cash fans finding their way after Walk The Line became popular.

My son is 19 years old and Johnny Cash is his favorite artist because of me playing him so much on my guitar. Hand to god truth.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Great topic. Gotta take the way-back machine though.

Duke Ellington @Carnegie Hall when I was 12. Don’t remember it much.

Led Zeppelin Houses if the Holy tour 1973 in Vancouver. I’ll never forget the first time I saw my favourite band.
    Caught them 3 more times finishing off with Page & Plant tour after the release of the brutal album Walking into Clarksdale

Managed to catch quite a few bands the first time through Vancouver in small venues like Queen E Theatre and Playhouse. The Orphieum , Commadore Ballroom and UBC War Memorial Gym. Acts such as, Genesis (with Gabriel), U2, SuperTramp, Kiss, Todd Rundgren, Sammy Hagar, ELO, Joe Cocker, The Tubes.

One of the best concerts was AC/DC opening for Aerosmith. AC/DC blew the doors off the place. Aerosmith didn’t know what hit them. After their second lacklustre song they were being booed.

Ah, good times, thinking about all the concerts, venues, what was going on in the world at the time, what a great ride down memory lane. Cheers from the old guy .
    wow Zeppelin in their prime, sweet! Seen Zep at Knebworth near London in 79'. One of their final shows before Bonham died 6 months later. Was able to meet Plant backstage at the Page and Plant tour, really wanted to meet Jimmy but no go!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Some YTV (Canadian childrens channel) concert in Vancouver. Honestly couldn't tell you who played, but after some googling it looks like it was PsykoBlast Concert and had Christine Aguilera, The Moffatts, soulDecison, mytown and McMaster & James. No idea who any of those other bands are
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14