Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who took your concert virginity?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Who took your concert virginity?

I am not talking about the local band at the local watering hole. Who was playing at the first really big concert you ever went to?

Mine was Huey Lewis and the News at the Halifax Metro Centre back in 1986 when they were touring to promote their latest album "Fore". I still have the ticket stub at home and I even found the setlist they played that night. No opening act. They just came out and played.

The Heart of Rock & Roll
    Jacob's Ladder
    I Never Walk Alone
    Forest for the Trees
    Stuck With You
    I Know What I Like
    Whole Lotta Lovin'
    Simple as That
    Naturally
    Doing It All for My Baby
    Hip to Be Square

Encore:
    The Power of Love
    Do You Believe in Love
    Heart and Soul
    If This Is It
    Walking on a Thin Line
    Flip Flop and Fly
    Some of My Lies Are True (Sooner or Later)
    Workin' for a Livin'

Encore 2:
    Buzz Buzz Buzz
    Hope You Love Me Like You Say You Do
    I Want a New Drug
    You're Still a Young Man
    Back in Time

51fykZQHi7L._SX355_.jpg
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Who took your concert virginity?

Two encores of 13 songs after an 11 song set. Wow. Very cool.

Bryan Adams for me at Molson Park in Barrie.
    “Waking up the neighbours”

The following opened for him.
    Extreme
    Moxie Fruvus
    Sass Jordon
    Steve Miller Band

Great experience!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Two encores of 13 songs after an 11 song set. Wow. Very cool.

Bryan Adams for me at Molson Park in Barrie.
    “Waking up the neighbours”

The following opened for him.
    Extreme
    Moxie Fruvus
    Sass Jordon
    Steve Miller Band

Great experience!
    I would have gone just to see Extreme and Steve Miller, let alone Bryan Adams. Good concert!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

I never did get to see a big concert until I was 18, glad my first was Pearl Jam. They put on a great live show and it was a beautiful day at the Molson Amphitheatre in 2003.

Release
    Breakerfall
    Hail Hail
    Save You
    Cropduster
    Dissident
    In My Tree
    Given to Fly
    Insignificance
    Love Boat Captain
    Get Right
    I Believe in Miracles (Ramones cover)
    I Got Id
    Lukin
    Corduroy
    Thumbing My Way
    Daughter (With Brass in Pocket and My… more )
    Even Flow

Encore:
    Bu$hleaguer
    Fortunate Son (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
    Do the Evolution (With Why Can't I Touch It? tag)
    Better Man
    Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams cover)
    Spin the Black Circle
    Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover)

Encore 2:
    Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Both Extreme and Steve Miller were awesome Axe.

And Dennis, Pearl Jam still eludes me (would love to see them) but that set looks fantastic.

The Great One

Not sure if this qualifies as "big", but quite literally the first concert I ever went to was to see The Ramones. I was 15 or 16 years old, and had no idea what I was in for. I was invited to go at the last minute when friends had an extra ticket. I had no idea who the Ramones were. I jumped on the VIA train (first time on the train too) and took it to Montreal (first time in Montreal) and toured the city for most of the day before heading to an old church that had been converted to a concert hall. Waaayy too many people jammed into the church, and my friends and I made our way to the mosh pit just as the band started to perform. I REALLY was so naive. Here I am, a 100 lbs, 15 year old wearing dress pants and a button-down dress shirt, getting smashed around in the mosh pit, watching people body surf. It was insane, scary, and amazingly fun! A memory I still vividly have more than 30 years later.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Not sure if this qualifies as "big", but quite literally the first concert I ever went to was to see The Ramones. I was 15 or 16 years old, and had no idea what I was in for. I was invited to go at the last minute when friends had an extra ticket. I had no idea who the Ramones were. I jumped on the VIA train (first time on the train too) and took it to Montreal (first time in Montreal) and toured the city for most of the day before heading to an old church that had been converted to a concert hall. Waaayy too many people jammed into the church, and my friends and I made our way to the mosh pit just as the band started to perform. I REALLY was so naive. Here I am, a 100 lbs, 15 year old wearing dress pants and a button-down dress shirt, getting smashed around in the mosh pit, watching people body surf. It was insane, scary, and amazingly fun! A memory I still vividly have more than 30 years later.
    That would qualify in my eyes.

That would have been something you wouldn't appreciate until later in life, knowing what you know now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Both Extreme and Steve Miller were awesome Axe.

And Dennis, Pearl Jam still eludes me (would love to see them) but that set looks fantastic.
    Well, I'm jealous you got to see Moxy Frvous at their peak. If you ever get the chance to see them Pearl Jam is a great live act, even if you're not the biggest fan of their stuff. I've seen them 3 times since and was never disappointed. I was really surprised the first time how much of a 'jam band' they are in concert, 2+ hour shows, a lot of sing-alongs and audience participation, Even Flow basically becomes a seven minute guitar solo, Eddie Vedder downs an entire bottle of red wine on stage ("Geddy Lee gave me this bottle and we're not leaving 'til it's done"),

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mine was Bad Religion with Hot Water Music and Less Than Jake as opening acts when I was 13 yr old in 2002.
    I tried to go in the moshpit with the grown ups and lost one of my shoe in there lol, it was winter outside and had to walk/take the bus with a plastic bag wrapped around my foot.

Dobber Sports Titan

I missed the word 'concert' in the thread title my initial read through and was thinking wow we really are in the dregs of the offseason. Nevermind, that can be a thread for another day.

My parents got tickets for the family to see U2 play in Toronto which was then delayed by a year because Bono hurt his back. Ended up being July 11, 2011. It was at Rogers centre and they had this massive circular stage set up around the home plate area. We were in the GA area some place in the outfield, and at one point the guy beside my mom turns to her and asks her to hold his beer so he can take a picture with someone else - it was Rick Mercer.
    Anyways, a lot of fun, and crazy to be in a venu with so many people. Didn't get the concert bug until my next one though which was a Rise Against concert a year later at the ACC - funnily enough, being at that concert sparked a conversation with an acquaintance at university who had also been ATH the show. Through her I ended up later meeting my wife.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I missed the word 'concert' in the thread title my initial read through and was thinking wow we really are in the dregs of the offseason. Nevermind, that can be a thread for another day.

My parents got tickets for the family to see U2 play in Toronto which was then delayed by a year because Bono hurt his back. Ended up being July 11, 2011. It was at Rogers centre and they had this massive circular stage set up around the home plate area. We were in the GA area some place in the outfield, and at one point the guy beside my mom turns to her and asks her to hold his beer so he can take a picture with someone else - it was Rick Mercer.
    Anyways, a lot of fun, and crazy to be in a venu with so many people. Didn't get the concert bug until my next one though which was a Rise Against concert a year later at the ACC - funnily enough, being at that concert sparked a conversation with an acquaintance at university who had also been ATH the show. Through her I ended up later meeting my wife.
    Feel free to start a thread minus the "concert" part LOL!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Feel free to start a thread minus the "concert" part LOL!
    Haha I'm good thanks!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Metallica at the old Edmonton Coliseum before the major remodel, ....and Justice for All tour in 1989 or maybe 90.

Have seen Metallica every time they have come through town ever since. Lost count but it must be at least 6 or 7 shows now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Black Sabbath with Ray Gillen on vocals at Maple Leaf Gardens
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

The Wolverine

Stone Temple Pilots supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Montreal, and I felt that STP were better on the night. Scott Weiland was an incredible frontman.