Thread: Who to cut???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to cut???

Hi all, I am currently 11.880 million over our cap. I need to get under by end of Nov. Who would you all drop from the team in the sig. Ideally I would like to trade Holtby, but no takers at moment. I suspect if I drop him, he will be scooped up though. I was going to wait it out with him to see if an injury happens to one of my opponents goalies. With that in mind, I was thinking cutting Sikura, Jarnkrok, Trocheck or C. White and Sanheim. Klefbom I know is hurt, but I can't move him to the IR until the season actually starts, so either I cut him now or stash him away and make a pick up later once I can move him to the IR. Would you agree with my cuts, or do you think I should be letting someone else go instead?
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Who to cut???

would help if you showed salaries by the players as this requires us to do that research which may limit answers you get...

watthour knowing exact salaries i would cut Holtby (does not matter if he gets picked up, your goalies are very good), Klefbom (if you stash him on IR later that means you need to pick someone up to fill the shoes) Jarnkrok...i think this would be close to 12M u need to cut. Sikura , even milano will bring next to nothing in production but they also save you next to nothing....you can add them to the list if you wish
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

In a 10 tm league this shallow I'd start with cutting Jarnkrok & Tuch

It's hard to trade Tuch in pools without caps. that 4.7m makes him even harder - so chop.
    Jarnkrok. Not sure he's worthy of being rostered in a 10m league that only starts 90 forwards.
    I'd hold Holtby for now... he could end up with 50% Van starts

I'd try to trade Giroux/Wheeler to a top team for a cheaper package.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Players
    LW Gaudreau 6.75 Jarnkrok 2.00 Schwartz 5.35 Sikura 0.75 Vrana 3.35 Sanford 1.5 Milano 1.7 Lindblom 3
    C Giroux 8.275 C. White 4.75 Monahan 6.375 Trocheck 4.75 O'Reilly 7.5 D. Strome RFA
    RW Bjorkstrand 2.5 Kahun 0.975 Tuch 4.75 Wheeler 8.25 Perron 4.0 Gurianov 2.55
    D Klefbom 4.167 Ellis 6.25
    Chabot 8.0 Sanheim 3.25 Theodore 5.2 Parayko 5.5 Sergachev 4.8
    G Vasilevskiy 9.5 Holtby 4.3 Sorokin 2.0 Kahkonen 0.725 Shesterkin 3.775
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Can you trade one of Giroux, O'Rielly, or Strome?

Tuch, Sanheim, and maybe White are droppable to save bigger bucks, while Milano and Jarnkrok can save you smaller amounts.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

there you go, i didnt even know some guys made what they make lol

i agree with Luca that Tuch shoudl go and i would also let White go..thats 9.5 mil right there...Jarnkrok on top of that and you are at cap...

I still dont think you need 4 goalies in 10 team league but you could keep holtby and trade sorokin for nice F on ELC
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd drop Holtby, White, and either Klefbom or Sanheim. That'll save you between 12.3M - 13.15M depending on which D-man you cut.

I think you have pretty solid goalie depth as is, and although Holtby will help another team, it's a necessary move to get under cap. White has ample opportunity in Ottawa, and is definitely better than what we saw last season, but it's hard to endorse keeping him at close to 5M. Tuch was my other consideration given he's buried on the depth chart in Vegas (3rd line for the time being), however I like his long term outlook more than I do White.

I assume Klefbom is counting against your cap as of right now (i.e. You need to get under cap by the end of November but can't place him on IR yet?). I like the idea of letting go of Sanheim instead and picking up a replacement later. With Gustafsson in and Niskanen gone, Sanheim will probably be relied upon even more defensively (and in line for a raise after this upcoming season). Klefbom will have more offensive opportunity (especially on the PP and if Barrie leaves) when he comes back, whenever that may be.

Cutting Sikura and Jankrok would only save you a combined 2.75M, so I'm not sure if that'll really help (you'd still be over cap).

One last thing, if your league is weekly, you already have 20 forwards (and only start 12 every week), letting go of Trocheck instead of Holtby is another option--depending on whether you'd want more forward or goalie depth.
    C: MacKinnon, Eriksson Ek, Schmaltz, Bennett, Vilardi
    W: Forsberg, Buchnevich, Kucherov, Keller, M Tkachuk, Tippett, Vatrano, Tolvanen, Drouin,
    D: Carlson, Theodore, Pietrangelo, Chychrun, Hanifin, Durzi, Ekholm, Martinez
    G: Skinner, Talbot, Kochetkov, Rittich

Minors: Geekie, Mateychuk, Knight, Portillo

Categories:
    Goals & Assists = 1 point each
    SOG, Hits, Blks = 0.1 each
    PPP = 0.5
    +/- = 0.25

Goalie Categories: SV = 0.1, W = 2, SO = 3, L = -2, GA = -0.5

Start 4C, 8W, 6D, 2G
    12 Player Keeper - 15 Teams

Dobber Sports Genius

1st - Kleftbom is out for the season. Either stash him on the IR (whatever that means in your setup, even if you have to grab a player later to make it happen) then play with the amount that you have left.

2nd - Sikura. Cut him loose. I don't think he even makes the Vegas line up this year.

3rd- Jarnkrok and Lindblom and Milano. Toss them overboard. These are dime a dozen players. There will be plenty of $2-3M players littering your waiver wire. Spend your money on the star players and fill in the bottom of your roster with ELC's and $1M players.

Now, what does your cap look like? Re-evaluate from here.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"