Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The market for Blackwood

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The market for Blackwood

I am considering marketing Blackwood & have a couple of trade thoughts.

1. Blackwood for Dach. - owner really needs a goalie for the future. He owns Allen, Montembault, Kahkonen & Hofer.

2. Blackwood for Zegras & Caufield - Owner owns Jarry and Gustaffson (Ottawa)

I own Samsonov & Shesterkin plus I can add a UFA goalie for depth this year with one of my higher draft picks.

Are these proposals fair value in a dynasty keeper league points only?

Just curious on your thoughts
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The market for Blackwood

You dress 1G a week in a 14 team league and you can get Zegras AND Caufield? Jump on that
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Honestly, I'd probably take the first or the second offer but the second one gives you a tad more so go for that one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you think you can get Zegras/Caufield - you should be asking for more than just Dach with option 1.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am not sure if I could actually get both Zegras & Caufield, just wanted to get an idea if those proposals are reasonable? Am I overvaluing, undervaluing or just right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you think you can get Zegras/Caufield - you should be asking for more than just Dach with option 1.
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    I am not sure if I could actually get both Zegras & Caufield, just wanted to get an idea if those proposals are reasonable? Am I overvaluing, undervaluing or just right?
    it depends on - value of G's in your league & the desperation level of teams you're poking to obtain a G.

Sometimes a GM doesn't care about his G's and could be eyeing the same waiver pick up you are. Others have this unflinching need to secure and over-secure that position

Best bet might be to put Blackwood on the block publicly with what you're looking to get in return. A 3rd team might come out and surprise you.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

I would make any of those moves. Blackwood is a back-up goalie. I would guess that the main reason Crawford signed with the Devils is because they told him he would be the #1 goalie.

I prefer Zegras over Dach so if you can get Zegras and Caufield that would be a great move.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would make any of those moves. Blackwood is a back-up goalie. I would guess that the main reason Crawford signed with the Devils is because they told him he would be the #1 goalie.

I prefer Zegras over Dach so if you can get Zegras and Caufield that would be a great move.

I disagree with the claim that Blackwood is a back-up goalie. Worst case is he is in a 50/50 time share with Crawford this year. Blackwood is a rising star and solidly entrenched as New Jersey`s starting goalie of the future. Crawford was brought in to mentor Blackwood for a couple of years as they want to be patient with his development. Crawford is clearly the back-up goalie for New Jersey, not Blackwood. That`s how I see it anyhow. Recognize others may see it differently.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all the feedback, will ponder and I may wait to see how are draft goes before I do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it depends on - value of G's in your league & the desperation level of teams you're poking to obtain a G.

Sometimes a GM doesn't care about his G's and could be eyeing the same waiver pick up you are. Others have this unflinching need to secure and over-secure that position

Best bet might be to put Blackwood on the block publicly with what you're looking to get in return. A 3rd team might come out and surprise you.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I’m always shocked by the disparity in terms of value in leagues with similar setups. I mean, we also start only one keeper each week, and I would never land Zegras nor Dach for my Blackwood. GMs in our league tend to be greedy when it comes to exciting young prospects!
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Think you’re drastically off on the back up goalie claim. Crawford is as threatening to grab the #1 in NJ as Henrik is in Washington. They needed a back up as as Schneider can’t cut it anymore and Crawford got dumped by his own team. Should be a good duo.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Unless I had a boatload of high end forward prospects and a real need of goalies, I wouldn't move any of those players for Blackwood.

That being said, you know your league better than I do, and if that's the market for goalies go for it

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Think you’re drastically off on the back up goalie claim. Crawford is as threatening to grab the #1 in NJ as Henrik is in Washington. They needed a back up as as Schneider can’t cut it anymore and Crawford got dumped by his own team. Should be a good duo.
    Chicago is choosing to run with one of Colin Delia, Malcolm Subban or Kevin Lankinen as their starting goalie!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you can get one of those top prospects or better yet the 2 do it. You would probably have to add a pick at least to that Zegras deal
    I think it's worth proposing if the guy wants a goalie. No idea why he would do it but you don't know until you try.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Either of those deals would suffice. Dach or Zegras/Caufield would be a solid haul for Blackwood.

I will mention though--seeing as others on this thread have talked about Blackwood's role--I see him and Crawford in a 1A/1B split for now, and don't really think either goalie should be considered the back-up.

Blackwood is still NJ's goalie of the future, and the Crawford addition is likely to keep the pressure/load off of him for the next couple of seasons (he's still only 23 after all--especially young for a goalie).
    C: MacKinnon, Eriksson Ek, Schmaltz, Bennett, Vilardi
    W: Forsberg, Buchnevich, Kucherov, Keller, M Tkachuk, Tippett, Vatrano, Tolvanen, Drouin,
    D: Carlson, Theodore, Pietrangelo, Chychrun, Hanifin, Durzi, Ekholm, Martinez
    G: Skinner, Talbot, Kochetkov, Rittich

Minors: Geekie, Mateychuk, Knight, Portillo

Categories:
    Goals & Assists = 1 point each
    SOG, Hits, Blks = 0.1 each
    PPP = 0.5
    +/- = 0.25

Goalie Categories: SV = 0.1, W = 2, SO = 3, L = -2, GA = -0.5

Start 4C, 8W, 6D, 2G
    12 Player Keeper - 15 Teams