Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The market for Blackwood

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: The market for Blackwood

And that is exactly where I see the value in Blackwood. Crawford is not a hindrance, he is a benefit to a developing goalie. Blackwood was arguably one of there best if not best players last year on a rebuilding team that hopefully will be a strong exciting team in 3 years or so. Again this would be a Dynasty keeper league trade and young goalies like Blackwood that are being given an opportunity are valuable, but they do come with a risk/reward gamble as do all young players.
    Quote Originally Posted by StillOn24 View Post
    Either of those deals would suffice. Dach or Zegras/Caufield would be a solid haul for Blackwood.

I will mention though--seeing as others on this thread have talked about Blackwood's role--I see him and Crawford in a 1A/1B split for now, and don't really think either goalie should be considered the back-up.

Blackwood is still NJ's goalie of the future, and the Crawford addition is likely to keep the pressure/load off of him for the next couple of seasons (he's still only 23 after all--especially young for a goalie).
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: The market for Blackwood

agree, aligns perfectly with my earlier post