Thread: Lindholm (Elias)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Lindholm (Elias)

I picked him up via trade last year as I was in contention, he has no existing contract so I'm free to sign him if I wish, but don't have room at the moment.

My locks going into next year are Draisaitl (3 yr keeper), Hall (2 yr keeper), and Quinn (rookie carry-over, or 4 year keeper).

We're a keep 4 plus rookie carry-over league.

My other 2 existing contracts are Meier and Seguin.

I'll be dropping guys like Lindholm, Dubois among others back to the draft pool.

In a vacuum, say I put Shesterkin as my rookie and Hughes as a regular keeper, who do you like for the last keeper spot between Seguin, Lindholm, Dubois, Meier?

Keeper in mind I'm in a non-banger league, goals weighted higher than assists.

Buy outs cost real $, so there are implications if I don't stand pat and go Draisaitl, Hall, Seguin, Meier, Hughes.

In other words, Seguin would cost 100$ to buy out, Meier 150$, although there is 1 other team who is desperate for picks who had said they've take a 4th rounder pick with Meier and eat his contract. I'm sitting fine picks wise, 1-1-3-4-5-5-6-7-8, so if I moved a 4 I'd just finish in Rd 9 (normal) vs Rd 8.

Seguin has 2 years contract remaining, Meier 3 (Seguin I'd have an easier time buying out if he had 1 year left, as I'd only get a couple months out of him, but we have 2 IR spots so as much as it would be a hit to start with him injured, I feel I'd be giving up on him at his low point and he has room to bounce back).

Dobber has Lindholm ranked highest keeper wise, and he's flashed the highest upside so far (other than Seguin) but just the 1 season, and he's a little further along development wise and regressed last year with the Flames other star players (Meier also regressed but was solid after first 15 games), and Dubois was pretty similar last year to the year before, and was great in the playoffs. Seguin is obviously way down in keeper rankings now due to injury, but was Top 30-35 pre-injury.

What do you think I should do keeper wise based on my options, what would be the optimal way to go?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Lindholm (Elias)

So it looks like league where contracts aren't based off NHL contracts.

I like Elias but not enough to dump Meier with a pick or Seguin with a buyout penalty despite his projected return.

I'd be inclined to consider those penalties/dumps to protect Shesty though, primarily the Meier dump and keep Seguin on IR, wouldn't buy him out, not a fan of dead cap space, It'll burn you.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    So it looks like league where contracts aren't based off NHL contracts.

I like Elias but not enough to dump Meier with a pick or Seguin with a buyout penalty despite his projected return.

I'd be inclined to consider those penalties/dumps to protect Shesty though, primarily the Meier dump and keep Seguin on IR, wouldn't buy him out, not a fan of dead cap space, It'll burn you.
    I’m not sure what you mean by dead cap space, we aren’t a cap league maybe I didn’t explain it well enough? Let me know if I can clarify/if that would
    Change your answer at all.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll take Elias, super underrated goal scorer, younger, and Seguin's injury he just had repaired will more than likely rob some of his speed which was already in decline prior IMO.

Dobber Sports Novice

Im not privy to the intricacies of your league, but I will say that I think lindholm had two real solid years in Calgary

His shooting % rose a couple of points but nothing drastic. 17% is high but he shot 15 the year before. His goals per game is up. He shot more. His Powerplay goals were consistent. His “regression” is in his assist totals.

And to quantify some of that, look no further that the goal totals and shooting % of Monahan, Gaudreau and Tkachuk. All down, especially Gaudreau.

Goal heavy league I really like Lindholm. I’d argue he didn’t regress honestly. The regression of the other star players seem to have held his assists down big time.

Points only/goal heavy, he’s the guy I want out of who you have listed personally.I also really like meier and thing theirs close. I just think the flames bounce back and lindholm remains consistent.

Your league style is a bit foreign to me so I can’t comment too much on your best course of action unfortunately.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I’m not sure what you mean by dead cap space, we aren’t a cap league maybe I didn’t explain it well enough? Let me know if I can clarify/if that would
    Change your answer at all.
    You said it would cost $100 to buy out Seguin etc but just before that said buy outs cost real $ so I must have misunderstood that thinking it was a hit to the fantasy team as opposed to the wallet.

If that’s correct I’d have no problem moving on from Seguin since he’ll be out this entire season, likely, and most guys who have hip surgeries seem to be a step behind for at least one more season following the procedure.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Initiate

Perhaps not the answer you're looking for, but I would stand pat and save my actual money. Stash Seguin on IR and grab a replacement.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk