Thread: Ken Jennings Named First Interim Host for Jeopardy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Ken Jennings Named First Interim Host for Jeopardy

Hard to replace a legend like Alex Trebek, but it looks like Ken Jennings gets the first shot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainm...?ocid=msedgntp

If they wanted more viewers, they should try and get Morgan Freeman or Sam Elliott, but they are seriously old. Those guys have voices people could listen to all night! lol

Worst choices would be Gilbert Gottfried or Fran Drescher.

Here is an article listing legitimate replacement names (other than Betty White). Interesting to note that L.A. Kings play-by-play announcer seems to be in the mix:

https://nypost.com/2020/11/09/who-wi...op-candidates/
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Default Re: Ken Jennings Named First Interim Host for Jeopardy

tough act to follow, but Jennings is a nice interim option
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

I would assume that there was a plan put in place prior to Alex passing. Having people who's lives have changed because of the show is a nice start prior to finding your future host.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

He’s also witty and funny. I think he’s a great choice. A known celebrity isn’t needed—the host needn’t garner extra attention. That’s part of what made Trebek so good. Total pro.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    He’s also witty and funny. I think he’s a great choice. A known celebrity isn’t needed—the host needn’t garner extra attention. That’s part of what made Trebek so good. Total pro.
    I would love, love, love to see Bruce Buffer...it would give Jeopardy that main event kind of feel each and every time (just imagining the player introductions, lol):

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jennings is pretty cool, IMO.
    I, personally, home he gets the full time gig.

I also just read that Jeopardy will be showing 10 of the greatest Trebek episodes the weeks of Dec.21 & Dec.28.
    I'll probably try to tune in for those - be curious what the producers/owners/eval-ers of the show choose/remember for those episodes!

Dobber Sports Ninja

One of the very very few times where I wish I still had cable, so I could watch these episodes.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Solid choice in my opinion. It will be impossible to replace Trebek and I do believe Jeopardy is probably the hardest game show out there to host.

You are reading 60 clues a game in quick succession, trying not to blunder, trying not to really bring any attention to yourself, and then at the exact right moment Trebek would add perfect like quips or touches.

I record Jeopardy every day and watch it at night. They are still airing new episodes up until Christmas Day. I believe they are running his final episode around Christmas Day. The episodes over the past week were taped on October 28th or 29th and for the most part you cannot tell at all Trebek was sick at all, quite remarkable really.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR