Thread: PARTIAL DISPERSAL DRAFT - NEED NEW ACTIVE COMMITTED GMs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default PARTIAL DISPERSAL DRAFT - NEED NEW ACTIVE COMMITTED GMs

After our inaugural draft we had several managers in the league that were being disrespectful and disruptive in the league chat. They have all been removed and we are looking forward to continuing this great league in a respectful manner.

By doing this we have 7 unowned teams right now (some already re-filled) that will enter into a dispersal draft to complete there rosters. once done they will join there respective divisions & the existing 17 managers of our league.

Those 7 current rosters will be wiped clean and there players placed on the message forum where we will conduct the draft. 7 new teams will vote whether they would like trading for this draft whether it be amongst themselves and/or also with the entire league.

If interested please email me at [email protected]

Some league rules below
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...kbqwsmkt/rules

--------

Welcome to SPQRs NHL cash league
    24 teams are battling out each year for fame and prizes!

Most of the rules of the competition are mentioned above. Here are some additional rules:

General
    Teams:
    All teams will be named after a defunct NHL team or former WHA team. Each team must provide logo on team page.

Communication:
    Discord will be used as our chat platform.
    It is a free app and avialable thru all app stores and desktops. It is highly recommended you take part in league activities that are conducted thru the chat platform.

Entry fee:
    Must be paid one week before start of inaugural draft and/or each season. Dates will be provided by the commishner. $50 for teams who finished the previous season in the playoffs. $35 for teams that missed the playoffs. The inagural season will be $40 for everyone.

Prizes:
    1st Place: $360
    2nd Place: $220
    3rd Place: $100
    Division Winners: 4 x $50 = $200
    Fantrax fees: $80
    Total: $960

Salary Cap
    Ceiling: 15% above NHL ceiling cap, rounded up to million.
    Floor: No floor
    Cap Hit: Each players salary cap hit will reflect the same as his real life NHL cap hit per season

Minors
    Player Prospect Eligibility

a) If a player has reached over 82 games in their NHL career (41 career GP for goalies) they are no longer considered a prospect. They can not be added to a prospect/minors slot. These players need to be brought onto the main roster or waived. Failure to do so will cause a illegal roster and you will not accumulate stats for that day until the prospect is moved or released.

b) If you want to add a prospect to your prospect/minors roster, you must drop an existing prospect in place of him. Only add/drop prospects in the same transaction. If not done in the same transaction it will not be honored and will be reversed.

c) You may only gain a new prospect slot via trade or draft and there is no limit to the amount of prospect slots on your team. Your prospect/minors roster is unlimited.

d) A player that has prospect/minors eligibility is allowed to move up and down the main roster and minors roster freely & daily. If that player is on the main roster he still retains his eligibility and his prospect/minors slot is for him only. You will not be allowed to replace that slot with another player.

e) You may only add any player or prospect to your team whose rights are owned by an NHL organization.

Player Free Agency Restrictions
    a) Any UFA signing out of a non-NHL professional league will be placed on waivers before they are eligible to be claimed.

b) If a UFA player's last contract was a non-NHL pro contract they must clear waivers upon their return to the NHL before being claimed.

c) If a UFA player's last contract was an NHL contract they can be picked up right as they sign without the need for waivers.

d) UFA players owned by League teams and then dropped to free agency may only be claimed if their most recent professional contract was an NHL contract.

e) Players who are still RFA can always be claimed - since their rights are owned by an NHL organization. RFA signings do not require waivers.

f) Retired players and non-RFA players with voided or otherwise compromised contracts cannot be picked up. These players will be placed on waivers should they ever return to the NHL.

Playoffs

8 teams out 24 will make the playoffs. The 4 division winners & 4 wild cards.
    1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5. The following round teams will get reseeded based on the regular season standings.

House Rules **
    Respect the commissioner(s) and other GM's. Everybody is here just to have fun.
    Make sure your team roster stays eligible and is rostered daily.
    Take an active part in trade talks and league activities.
    ** Failing to follow these rules can lead to removal from the league. **

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: PARTIAL DISPERSAL DRAFT - NEED NEW ACTIVE COMMITTED GMs

Sounds like an interesting format but I have some questions before I join.

How did 7 teams leave already? I looked at your post history and this league hasn't been around for a single game yet?

Since 17 other teams have players, can we see what the draft pool is going to be? If these owners left/were replaced, what would have stopped them from making lopsided trades that would poison the well for new owners? Seems like anyone coming in would be set up to fail.

Do we get additional prospect slots? What about prospect slots that may have been traded by the 7 previous owners?

Who monitors this prospect slot system? I've been in many Fantrax leagues and as far as I know, you can't set different prospect allotments for different teams but I could be wrong.

Every post you've made has talked about removing owners or do X or you'll be removed. Can you tell me why I should expect differently if I were to join?

I love the idea of a dynasty league but...I have so many more questions than answers and I think anyone replacing 7(!) owners should get some public answers. Something has to be up there.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

4 spots left!!!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by dip97 View Post
    4 spots left!!!
    I'd still be interested in one of those 4 but still looking for information here. The prospect thing is quite the premise but I don't know how that's supposed to work in practice and I find the silence to be, well, deafening.

Best of luck filling those last 4 spots! Seems like it's been a tough ride thus far.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by TFrazier1986 View Post
    I'd still be interested in one of those 4 but still looking for information here. The prospect thing is quite the premise but I don't know how that's supposed to work in practice and I find the silence to be, well, deafening.

Best of luck filling those last 4 spots! Seems like it's been a tough ride thus far.
    Unfortunately you do not meet the minimum requirements of the league, maybe next time. Thank you for your interest.

- - - Updated - - -

3 spots left!!!!!
    Act fast thanks.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Unfortunately you do not meet the minimum requirements of the league, maybe next time. Thank you for your interest.

- - - Updated - - -

3 spots left!!!!!
    Act fast thanks.

Hey no sweat. Found a couple promising leagues as a result of poking around here. Best of luck!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

2 spots left!!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Unfortunately you do not meet the minimum requirements of the league...
    What are the minimum requirements of the league?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    What are the minimum requirements of the league?
    Minimum questions apparently. Moving on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

2 spots left!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

looking for 1 more manager!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

looking for 1 more manager so we can start the dispersal draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

league is full thanks