Thread: Thomas give away?

The Magnificent One

Default Thomas give away?

24 Team League 23 players and deep prospect pool. Salary cap using AAV. H2H scoring. offense stats: G, A, SOG, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, FOW, TOISH,

winning team and this is thinking more retool move as salaries will become an issue for me next year with some big names needing contracts.

I give: thomas and 25th overall entry 2020 draft

I get: texier and 7th overall entry 2020 draft

i know thomas is better and will be better long term but how far behind is texier? does 7th overall jump from 25th make up for that difference? additionally looking to next summer when they will both need new contracts. best guess is thomas gets the much bigger deal AND texier can be stored in minors till 160 gp if needed.

please do let me know as draft starts tomorrow.

thanks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Thomas give away?

That is tempting, as 7th overall in the entry draft gets you into the entry draft's sweet spot. But it seems very likely that Thomas will be a 60 point player, at a minimum, going forward. I'm not sure that Texier will do the same. Depending on who you get, Thomas is around the same neighborhood as the kind of guy you'd get with the 7th overall, except you'd have him now.

I'd keep Thomas and let him blossom this year. If you are really concerned about cap and all that, I think that you'll be able to get Texier and whomever is picked at the 7th and more for just Thomas halfway through the season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would do this... this draft has 7 forwards that have chance to be very elite... u will most likely score Rossi or Perfetti... Holtz was #7 for early drafts but after his recent play in Sweden he appears to go top 5 ...

Dobber Sports Titan

With your current team you don't look like a powerhouse for this year, so I would be open to moving Thomas and the last year of his ELC.

If you can get more, then pull the trigger on it, but I probably take the deal as it is if you can't.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    With your current team you don't look like a powerhouse for this year, so I would be open to moving Thomas and the last year of his ELC.

If you can get more, then pull the trigger on it, but I probably take the deal as it is if you can't.
    sorry that is not the team in sig. i won the league last year so yes a team that is looking to repeat.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you want to repeat then you wont find a better pricetag on 50-60 points than robert Thomas next year. But that pick 7 could be better than Thomas in 2 years.

Win now - keep Thomas
    Thinking next year and beyond - make the trade

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Really depends on what cap space you will need next year. I think Texier has an opportunity, and should be solid, but not Thomas level.

The pick upgrade is juicy. I'm wondering if you could flip that pick for somebody more solid than Texier who has a multi year deal.

Without a roster or cap info, I'm leaning towards yes, but would love full details.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Really depends on what cap space you will need next year. I think Texier has an opportunity, and should be solid, but not Thomas level.

The pick upgrade is juicy. I'm wondering if you could flip that pick for somebody more solid than Texier who has a multi year deal.

Without a roster or cap info, I'm leaning towards yes, but would love full details.
    wont beable to flip the pick as the draft starts in a few hours but that is an interesting idea lol....

as for roster and cap i am at the cap (200k to spare lol). we use AAV with 10% over the nhl. I am also still waiting on hoffman and PLD to sign (but have room for trades and a free drop to make it work).

Next year is the bigger concern where i will have pettersson, B. Tkachuk (just added last week for chabot mainly), Samsonov, hall, hoffman (if one year deal), zadina, zegras, ekholm, garland all up for new contracts with already set contracts of crosby, marner, slavin, schenn, petry, and others. guys like zadina and zegras will sit in minors if need be ofcourse.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pull the trigger.

Dobber Sports Superstar

do it, Texier should have a larger role with Nyquist out.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd make this deal.

R. Thomas isn't going to make or break your chances of repeating.

I think this is they type of deal that can keep a top team a top team for longer stretches.

Personally I see Thomas as more of a 70pt forward & Texier as a 60pt guy with better periphs.

To add a Holtz or Perfetti vs. Zary, Brisson, Neighbours etc. is a huge depth boon
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Magnificent One

hey all thanks. i made the deal however with 7th overall i ended up taking Askarov. both holtz and perfetti were left as 6th took drysdale.

like most you said i think texier will be closer to thomas than most think if he can keep the momentum this year but running Askarov and Samsonov as my goalies for the next 10 years was hard to pass up.