View Poll Results: Which goalies will start 60% of their team's games?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • Petr Mrazek

54 59.34%
  • James Reimer

3 3.30%
  • Colin Delia

26 28.57%
  • Malcom Subban

4 4.40%
  • Pavel Francouz

7 7.69%
  • Philipp Grubauer

58 63.74%
  • Joonas Korpisalo

26 28.57%
  • Elvis Merzlikins

24 26.37%
  • Cal Petersen

24 26.37%
  • Jonathan Quick

23 25.27%
  • Pekka Rinne

7 7.69%
  • Juuse Saros

56 61.54%
  • MacKenzie Blackwood

41 45.05%
  • Corey Crawford

12 13.19%
  • Devan Dubnyk

26 28.57%
  • Martin Jones

13 14.29%
  • Henrik Lundqvist

5 5.49%
  • Ilya Samsonov

59 64.84%
  • None of the above

1 1.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Who will win goalie battles?

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Who will win goalie battles?

I realize so much is not yet known about the 2020-21 season that it makes running polls which depend on the specifics of the season a bit tricky. Nevertheless, I decided to press ahead with a poll I hope to run every year focusing on who will win goalie battles. First off, before reading further make sure you already have - or go right now and purchase - a copy of the DobberHockey Fantasy Guide. Whatever ends up happening with 2020-21, the Guide will be the key resource that allows you to dominate your leagues.

In the Guide, Dobber provides a certainty percentage that one goalie will be the starter for his team. Normally the number is above 75%; however, there are ten (nine if you don't count Dallas where there's an injury situation) where that number isn't 75%. So while that probably means it will be a 1A/1B situation for at least some of those teams, history has shown that for several squads one goalie will emerge as the primary starter. Your job is to identify the goalies who will do so.

You will be casting your vote(s) for any, some or all of the goalies on these nine teams you think will end up starting 60% or more of their team’s games in 2020-21, which, to put into perspective, would equate to 50 starts in a regular 82 game season. So that means you can vote for as many as nine goalies, if indeed you think one from each of the nine tandems will start 60%+ of his team’s games. But if you believe both of the listed goalies from all nine listed teams will start 41-59% of their team’s games, you should opt for the “none of the above” choice. The goalies are listed in pairs by team, in alphabetical order by last name.

As usual, have fun with this but vote objectively so your fellow Dobberites can get the most of your insight. And post here to say who you voted for and why.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Who will win goalie battles?

I only voted for three goalies:

Francouz - I think he's the superior goalie and Colorado won't care who emerges so long as they can have one be "the guy" heading into the playoffs
    Petersen - Many of us felt the Kings would stick with the expensive Quick until his deal ends; but their willingness to turn to Petersen last season leads me to believe he can wrest the starting job from Quick
    Lundqvist - I know that Samsonov is viewed as the goalie of the future, and he still is; but his stats got worse as 2019-20 wore on and I think Lundqvist will be rejuvenated on a new team
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Guru

Joonas was the only one to get my vote. As long as he is healthy, he'll get the majority of the starts.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

I voted for Quick, Saros and Samsonov. I don't see Peterson overtaking Quick, even though Quick is fading. Saros has overtaken Rinne and I think Samsonov is the clear starter in Washington. Hank is there for support.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I put Grubauer, Mrazek and Blackwood.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I only voted for three goalies:

Francouz - I think he's the superior goalie and Colorado won't care who emerges so long as they can have one be "the guy" heading into the playoffs
    Petersen - Many of us felt the Kings would stick with the expensive Quick until his deal ends; but their willingness to turn to Petersen last season leads me to believe he can wrest the starting job from Quick
    Lundqvist - I know that Samsonov is viewed as the goalie of the future, and he still is; but his stats got worse as 2019-20 wore on and I think Lundqvist will be rejuvenated on a new team
    Geez as a Sammy owner I hope you are dead wrong on that! I voted for Samsonov and nobody else although I am biased. I dont know if I see many others, but I want to see how many b2bs there are in this schedule. If it's a ton, then maybe only 1 or 2 of these guys tops 60%. Mrazek could be another one as he has solidified as a boring if not stable option in net for Carolina. I don't see many goalies who are easy to predict as 60% right now on this list - although we all know there will be some because of injuries or inconsistency.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for Blackwood, Saros, and Delia.

1. Blackwood actually started over 60% this past year, but Crawford is better than what they had as backups. I expect Crawford to get a few more starts than the motley crew of backups who didn't make Devils fans feel good.

2. Saros has taken over for Rinne. I expect he'll take the next step.

3. Delia - this is my wildcard. I know that Subban completely stinks. I expect Delia to win the job in camp, and Subban to again play his way out of the NHL.

Saros
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

I voted for the following:

Mrazek
    Francouz
    Korpisalo
    Saros
    Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Jedi

Neither option for Chi. neither have the chops.
    If one does - they're gunning for a lotto pick.

Holtby - Demko is a really good one to analyze with Holtby coming in at 4.5m for 2yrs. Nothings a gimme there.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

What about Greiss Bernier?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    What about Greiss Bernier?
    In the first version of the Guide, Dobber had one of them at >75%.....same with Holtby/Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Wondering why the poll results show such opposing views as those who have posted after the vote?

These below seem to be obvious to me, but if 2020 has taught me anything, it's that I don't understand that much of anything:

Mrazek (and I do hope that Carolina went after an upgrade in nets and maybe just failed to ante up).

Saros (his run before COVID pretty much nailed the fantasy coffin for Rinne... plus 2020 was 3 years long, so Rinne is like 50 years old now, right? lol).

Samsonov (King was bad last two years... he has to be there for mentorship, the condensed schedule and a mutual last shot at a title).

Dubnyk (just can't see see how you can throw Jones out there anymore).
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)