• Demko

4 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Binnington vs. Markstrom vs Demko

The Great One

Default Re: Binnington vs. Markstrom vs Demko

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr0 View Post
    Funny how you use the small sample argument for Binnington but not for Demko. Without his 4 hot games he wouldn't even have been considered.
    Demko has a small sample size? Whaaaaat? Duh. Look - Bottom line is I’ve seen enough from Markstrom and Binnington to know they are just ok. Markstrom is probably worse than ok. Demko has the pedigree, the situation, and the recent hot play to make him my pick here. You offer whatever advice you’d like.

Pengwin7 - please accept my apologies for doing this exact thing to you vs answering the question at hand. It is annoying.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Demko has a small sample size? Whaaaaat? Duh. Look - Bottom line is I’ve seen enough from Markstrom and Binnington to know they are just ok. Markstrom is probably worse than ok. Demko has the pedigree, the situation, and the recent hot play to make him my pick here. You offer whatever advice you’d like.
    You show me the category for potential and I understand your viewpoint. But with wins as the sole category you are looking for established volume guys with little competition on good teams. Markstrom and binnington will both be in the top 5 to 10 in wins for the foreseeable future regardless of your opinion on their talent. So for the OPs league there's really no way you can throw away that type of production on the hope that a 4 game sample of unsustainable production guarantees a career of elite production. I'm a vancouver fan and I still cant see any justification for throwing back 2 workhorses based on the potential of an obviously lesser goalie in the immediate future.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks all for the quick response and helpful points. All points considered here. Yes this is a keeper league, and a competitive one at that. I finished 6th overall last year, and I'd like to be in contention each year.

I will continue to think about it. I will consider moving one for an upgrade on D. I'm strongly considering keeping two G and dropping Kuz. and one of Girard/Hronek. Centermen are plentiful in our re-draft, and really, any one of those three could be picked up again with my 1st overall. Demko could also be grabbed in the 1st round, but they don't often last too long - beyond the 3rd round, it's slim pickings.

I will purchase more reading material and give it some more thought. Thanks all!
    COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post

Pengwin7 - please accept my apologies for doing this exact thing to you vs answering the question at hand. It is annoying.
    I have answered the poll and didn't had something to add in favor of Markstrom/Binn that haven't already been said.

I wanted to point out that Demko had a small sample as well. Your personal evaluation of those goalies are not facts. Goalies are crap shoot and most of the times it's best to make short term decision and pick the proven player.