Thread: Stuetzle for Hischier

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Stuetzle for Hischier

Would you do this trade if you owned Stuetzle ?

The other guy has Chabot and Sanderson and I have Hughes and Holtz (if it influences your choice) .

So who’s the better player this year and in 3 years ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Stuetzle for Hischier

Really tough one. This year, Hischier is the better player. We dont even know if Stuetzle is going to play in the league this year (I think I remember reading somewhere he isn't but I could be wrong).

I think Hischier becomes on of the best two-way players in the game but I am not sure he ever turns into a leading scorer. He will score a lot, but I dont see his name near the top of the leaderboard for scoring in the future. Just because you own a couple other Devils wouldn't stop me from owning another if the return is worth it.

Stuetzle "could" be that legit sniper the Sens have been missing, but that's a lot of pressure to put on this kid, especially when we really don't even know what position he's going to play in the NHL yet. Did they draft him as a winger or do they think he can play center in the NHL.

Safe move is Hischier here. He's here playing at a good level now and barely scratching the surface on his upside. He'll only get better once the talent around him grows. The gamble is Stuetzle. Do you feel lucky? It could be a year or two before he even gets to the league, let alone reach the level we are seeing from Hischier today. I do think his skillset opens up more offense but we've seen many have all the tools but cant put it together.

Unless you need the help this year, I think I'd just keep Stuetzle. It's hard to turn down Nico though. Usually when it's this close for me, I tend to keep what I have but that's me. I look forward to reading some of the other replies though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I’m sticking with Hischier both for this year, and the next 3 years’ value. Trying to project beyond 3 years is dicey.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I’m sticking with Hischier both for this year, and the next 3 years’ value. Trying to project beyond 3 years is dicey.
    I think Hischier is being offered to him for Stuetzle, if I am reading it correctly.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Really tough one. This year, Hischier is the better player. We dont even know if Stuetzle is going to play in the league this year (I think I remember reading somewhere he isn't but I could be wrong).

I think Hischier becomes on of the best two-way players in the game but I am not sure he ever turns into a leading scorer. He will score a lot, but I dont see his name near the top of the leaderboard for scoring in the future. Just because you own a couple other Devils wouldn't stop me from owning another if the return is worth it.

Stuetzle "could" be that legit sniper the Sens have been missing, but that's a lot of pressure to put on this kid, especially when we really don't even know what position he's going to play in the NHL yet. Did they draft him as a winger or do they think he can play center in the NHL.

Safe move is Hischier here. He's here playing at a good level now and barely scratching the surface on his upside. He'll only get better once the talent around him grows. The gamble is Stuetzle. Do you feel lucky? It could be a year or two before he even gets to the league, let alone reach the level we are seeing from Hischier today. I do think his skillset opens up more offense but we've seen many have all the tools but cant put it together.

Unless you need the help this year, I think I'd just keep Stuetzle. It's hard to turn down Nico though. Usually when it's this close for me, I tend to keep what I have but that's me. I look forward to reading some of the other replies though.
    i agree with most of this. Only thing i think i know different is the fact that Sutzle said his goal is to play i Ottawa next year and he is sticking to it. He is already signed and Senators could block him but if he is good enough i think they allow him to play as they made moves to compete this year. I personally think he stays in Canada following WJC. He was just named to the team btw. Im assuming he is close to fully recovered form his surgery.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i agree with most of this. Only thing i think i know different is the fact that Sutzle said his goal is to play i Ottawa next year and he is sticking to it. He is already signed and Senators could block him but if he is good enough i think they allow him to play as they made moves to compete this year. I personally think he stays in Canada following WJC. He was just named to the team btw. Im assuming he is close to fully recovered form his surgery.
    For some reason, I thought he still had a year left on his contract over there, but you could be right and I could just as easily be wrong.

Dobber Sports Wizard

he might but he must have an out cause he did say in draft interview that goal is to play, he said it at least once more in another interview i think with Tim and Sid if i remember right. He is also 50 point sleeper (25% chance) in dobber guide and i dont think they would put him there if there was no way for him to cross.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think Hischier is being offered to him for Stuetzle, if I am reading it correctly.

Oh. Then I’m doing the trade. I guess I answered as a Hischier owner.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys !!

It’s a tough one for me . I’m not impressed with Hischier’s best year of 52 pts so far .

Anyone buy the Stuetzle comparisons to Patrick Kane . I didn’t seem to see that in the last world juniors . To me he tried to do too much and didn’t blow my mind . But I haven’t seen much more of him , big ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

If he’s that good that many people were hesitating between him (Stuetzle) and Byfield , I’d keep him over Hischier all day ...
    I’m also not sold on that german beer league , heu , league.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would go with Stutzle personally, as I think Hischier is much better "on the ice" player than a "fantasy" player. Like Toews for instance. I might be wrong, but that's me perception.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

*cough cough* Dylan strome *cough* Puljujarvi ...

Hot take is Stutzle is in that vein.

Hischier for me all day, every day.