Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Vaccine Discussion

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Biden to Push Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Gallaher View Post

There's this one good read by the way http://higherpowermoment.com/things-...ess-awareness/
    Good article Gallaher.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Gallaher View Post
    Hi All. Thanks for all your responses.

I get all your point, and I'm glad to hear that a lot of people are positive about this. I myself was hesitant at first, but if it becomes mandatory for employees, there's only two ways it's going to be: Stay and get vaccinated or quit.

Hi. I'd rather have a world of asking lots than bitter ones. Thank you.

There's this one good read by the way http://higherpowermoment.com/things-...ess-awareness/
    My comment was in response to that pathetic *******'s reply about my wife getting sick, not about your post

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr0 View Post
    My comment was in response to that pathetic *******'s reply about my wife getting sick, not about your post
    Just Ignore.... he spreads false info. Find the Marner won't sign with Toronto thread. Insider info there too.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Discussion

IMO, anyone over the age of 50 should not feel much hesitation in getting the vaccine. Most long term effects it might cause are unlikely to severely detrimental to you. My wife is a doctor and we are hesitant, specifically as we plan to have kids in the next couple years. We're not making decisions for 2, but rather for 3 or 4, and any affects could be amplified in someone still developing. However, once proven safe, we will have no issues getting it. Vaccines are incredibly safe and effective.

In terms of herd immunity...generally yes. If you don't get the vaccine and don't get sick, it's more likely because everyone else around you is protecting you than you have some hyper immunity. Everyone ~should~ feel a societal responsibility to get vaccines to protect themselves and everyone around them, specifically those who cannot get them due to immuno-compromisation and allergies. No, you're not going to get other ailments from vaccines.

In terms of getting sick after you get the vaccine - yes, that's normal. Most (not all) vaccines contain active components of the disease you're getting immunized from, in low doses. The general point is they teach your body how to fight the disease, to prevent you from getting very sick. Getting a little sick after getting a vaccine should encourage you to get it, no dissuade you. If you're getting sick from small doses, imagine what a bad virus will do to you.

In terms of mandatory vaccination - unlikely. I doubt that would stand up to legal challenge in court. I could see businesses operating this way, which may effectively be the same thing, but legally and legislatively they're quite different. It's easier for the Warriors to pose such a restriction than a government to do so.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I have read some suggestions that the vaccine for COVID-19 could be tied to a stimulus incentive. Get the vaccine? Get a check for $1500 dollars.

Thoughts?
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Again, as an ardent supporter of vaccines, I hate that. We need longer term data of the vaccine before we can mandate someone has to get it and people need help now. We're certainly going to need people to get it, but I don't think any level of government can mandate it.

Banned

I don't see any problem with the mandatory vaccination, I am just worried that the vaccine were rushed

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by legodash View Post
    I don't see any problem with the mandatory vaccination, I am just worried that the vaccine were rushed
    I think that's what most people are worried about; the fear of the unknown.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    IMO, anyone over the age of 50 should not feel much hesitation in getting the vaccine. Most long term effects it might cause are unlikely to severely detrimental to you. My wife is a doctor and we are hesitant, specifically as we plan to have kids in the next couple years. We're not making decisions for 2, but rather for 3 or 4, and any affects could be amplified in someone still developing. However, once proven safe, we will have no issues getting it. Vaccines are incredibly safe and effective.

In terms of herd immunity...generally yes. If you don't get the vaccine and don't get sick, it's more likely because everyone else around you is protecting you than you have some hyper immunity. Everyone ~should~ feel a societal responsibility to get vaccines to protect themselves and everyone around them, specifically those who cannot get them due to immuno-compromisation and allergies. No, you're not going to get other ailments from vaccines.

In terms of getting sick after you get the vaccine - yes, that's normal. Most (not all) vaccines contain active components of the disease you're getting immunized from, in low doses. The general point is they teach your body how to fight the disease, to prevent you from getting very sick. Getting a little sick after getting a vaccine should encourage you to get it, no dissuade you. If you're getting sick from small doses, imagine what a bad virus will do to you.

In terms of mandatory vaccination - unlikely. I doubt that would stand up to legal challenge in court. I could see businesses operating this way, which may effectively be the same thing, but legally and legislatively they're quite different. It's easier for the Warriors to pose such a restriction than a government to do so.
    Excellent points RA, people need to understand the process of vaccines. The human body is an amazing thing in adapting to body battles and trying to protect itself.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Banned

Everyone's in a hurry to get back to normal, but I think it wouldn't ever be the same.

Dobber Sports Stud

I heard a non-partisan scientific presentation about the vaccines development. The SAFETY part was largely done prior to the efficacy, since a lot of the research was started back in 2017, as they worked on a “MERS” vaccine (a different coronavirus). The safety profile was not any delay - - it was trying to prove that adequate antibodies could be made in vaccinated patients to have proven immunity. The standard influenza vaccine has more side effects...

I’ll be near the front of the line to get vaccinated.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I heard a non-partisan scientific presentation about the vaccines development. The SAFETY part was largely done prior to the efficacy, since a lot of the research was started back in 2017, as they worked on a “MERS” vaccine (a different coronavirus). The safety profile was not any delay - - it was trying to prove that adequate antibodies could be made in vaccinated patients to have proven immunity. The standard influenza vaccine has more side effects...

Good to hear. Like I said before, me and my family will take it as soon as it is available to us as well.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Deity

As a front line worker, will you have the choice about getting vaccinated?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Probably not, but I’d be getting it anyway. Age + what I do = higher risk.

The unresolved question at this point is how long the immunity will last - we think of “vaccines” as longer term, like polio or smallpox, but then flu shots are every year. I’m not optimistic that the Covid immunity will be longer than one year, but we can hope.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Probably not, but I’d be getting it anyway. Age + what I do = higher risk.

The unresolved question at this point is how long the immunity will last - we think of “vaccines” as longer term, like polio or smallpox, but then flu shots are every year. I’m not optimistic that the Covid immunity will be longer than one year, but we can hope.
    Lots of questions out there still for sure.