Thread: McCann versus Fabbri

Dobber Sports Ace

Default McCann versus Fabbri

For the league in my signature, considering keeping one of the two.

Which do you prefer? McCann v. Fabbri?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: McCann versus Fabbri

Tough call.
    McCann is sort of the 7th forward down the PIT list, yes?... which is a tough depth to be.
    But... given an injury or two, he's a top 6 guy. His SOG rate is actually pretty impressive with PIT.

I'm not a Fabbri fan.
    I think he had a lot of good luck last year, getting PPtoi on a poor DET team, 17min/gp, high SH%.
    That said, he was one of Yzerman's first trade-ins... so he'll get push to succeed.
    He's not a complete (two-way) player - and I see him landing in a doghouse on a competitive team.

It's a coin flip.
    I'll go with Fabbri for this year & next, because he's higher up the F list... and should get more minutes at ES & PP.
    But... I'm not a fan.
    I could see McCann winning this too.

Dobber Sports Deity

Fabbri for me. I remember reading that the plan is to start him out at 2C and see how he fares. Either way, he earned the coaching staffs trust after the trade last year and produced well. Production has never been a question for him. It's been his inability to stay healthy that has held him back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Another vote for fabbri. He will have much better deployment off the hop, like axe said. That alone is enough for me to take him because mcann will be buried. I have more faith in fabbri producing as well as i believe the injuries held him back from a very promising start to his career. He could get back on track in detroit with lots of opportunity to seize a sizable role.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another one for Fabbri. The #3C role in Pittsburgh is rarely a productive spot and I assume that's where McCann ends up.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks everyone - seems fairly clear to keep Fabbri despite some misgivings. Appreciate the input.

Rep'd where I could.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Titan

McCann could be a 7th F for PIT, but he was also being scratched in the playoffs, so I'll go Fabbri.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    McCann could be a 7th F for PIT, but he was also being scratched in the playoffs, so I'll go Fabbri.
    Right... and then PIT did give him a new 2-year deal for $2.94m per on Sep 18th.
    And... I don't believe this is a "playoff pool" format.

PIT also brought in Mark Jankowski... and I'm thinking McCann is done playing center.
    That's better for a forward's offensive statistics... to be a wing and only need to focus on wing-duties.

[ps. I'm still picking Fabbri - but I do have this upside-vibe on McCann... maybe I shouldn't, LOL.]

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Right... and then PIT did give him a new 2-year deal for $2.94m per on Sep 18th.
    And... I don't believe this is a "playoff pool" format.

PIT also brought in Mark Jankowski... and I'm thinking McCann is done playing center.
    That's better for a forward's offensive statistics... to be a wing and only need to focus on wing-duties.

[ps. I'm still picking Fabbri - but I do have this upside-vibe on McCann... maybe I shouldn't, LOL.]
    I have had that upside feeling on him for a while, but I think he had enough chances to try it, and it never stuck. I agree it's not a playoff pool and that he did just get a new deal that was bigger than expected, I was just trying to get across that he has a history of disappointments.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The NHL hasn't seen the best of Fabbri yet. He's trajectory has been so badly stumped with his injuries it really is a shame. But this kid can play. Unlike Peng, I AM a Fabbri Fan. I think he can cement himself in the top 6 in Detroit which will only get better. Some decent names there.

Fabbri for me.