Thread: Dynasty - Who to cut?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dynasty - Who to cut?

16 team dynasty league with cap (97.8M Cap Hit). H2H Cats: G, A SOG, PPP, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA, SV

Just finished up the inaugural draft for this league with a bit of a unique draft format that ended up leaving me with all of the forwards from OTT and VGK, defense from NYI and DET, & goalies from NSH and CGY. However, I now need to drop four players from my main roster and another three prospects.

Team in question with my planned drops bolded:

C: W. Karlsson, Glass, C. White, Tierney, Nic Roy, L. Brown
    LW: B. Tkachuk, Pacioretty, Marchessault, Tuch, Galchenyuk
    RW: Stone, R. Smith, Dadonov, Batherson, Duclair, C. Brown, Reaves
    D: Pulock, Hronek, Dobson, Pelech, Mayfield, Boychuk
    G: Markstrom, Saros, Rittich

Prospects (<21 years old or <41gp): Stuetzle, Askarov, Seider, Norris, Krebs, Wilde, Brisson, Ingram, Formenton, Elvenes, Pinto, Greig, Abramov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Dynasty - Who to cut?

Hey Jshed2. I recognize this draft!

Personally, I’m not a fan of Boychuck. The cost out weighs the production. I agree with Roy. Don’t love dropping Briwn but I can see where it makes sense. Galy makes sense as well. He’s had so many opportunities to prove it and he may in Ottawa but who knows. I’d love to be able to keep Reaves but in a 16 team like ours, his contribution is likely available on the wire.

I think you’re planned drops are the right ones. (Then let’s talk trade!).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hey Jshed2. I recognize this draft!

Personally, I’m not a fan of Boychuck. The cost out weighs the production. I agree with Roy. Don’t love dropping Briwn but I can see where it makes sense. Galy makes sense as well. He’s had so many opportunities to prove it and he may in Ottawa but who knows. I’d love to be able to keep Reaves but in a 16 team like ours, his contribution is likely available on the wire.

I think you’re planned drops are the right ones. (Then let’s talk trade!).
    100% agree with you on Boychuk, but for now I still need 6D and my other options of Stecher or Nemeth aren't going to do much either and I've got the cap space to burn for now. The plan is for him to be gone by the start of the season so if you have a D you want to trade let me know

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sounds good. I failed to ask about cap space. I foresee lots of trading when they open up trading. And yes, Boychuck over Nemeth and Stetcher. Ill bet you could find a cheaper and better Boychuck replacement on the wire.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First off, Boychuck needs to go. You're planning on dropping him, and he's overpaid for what he brings, so keep somebody else - literally anyone else you are planning to drop is a better keep. I'm a better keep, and I'm over 50 and can't ice skate.

Secondly, I like Greig in your format, and would keep him, just not sure whom I'd rather cut.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    First off, Boychuck needs to go. You're planning on dropping him, and he's overpaid for what he brings, so keep somebody else - literally anyone else you are planning to drop is a better keep. I'm a better keep, and I'm over 50 and can't ice skate.

Secondly, I like Greig in your format, and would keep him, just not sure whom I'd rather cut.
    What he said. Keep Gamer over Boychuck

Dobber Sports Stud

I’d personally keep Reaves over Duclair. The rush to sign Duclair has been overwhelming, yes? And so he’ll find a top 6 spot pretty difficult to come by, wherever.

20 hits per 4 1/2 games, 20 pm’s per 8 games, AND Reaves does get occasional 2nd pp time and his +/- isn’t bad.

But that’s just me, I guess.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Makes your choice easier now doesn't it?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"