Thread: Dach vs Suzuki

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Dach vs Suzuki

Hi everyone,

In keeper league, point only, goal and assist is one point. Who do you take for long term, not for next season. I think it very close, Dach will probably play with Kane, but that is only in short term.

Thank you!!!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Dach vs Suzuki

Dach will be a beast in a Multi Cat league, but this is points only. I project Dach to be a Getzlaf like C. Has PPG potential yes, but as with most power forwards, it will take time.

I watched Suzuki very closely during his stint with the Guelph Storm. This kid has Marner written all over him. Only difference is that he actually will play C in the NHL. He is the driver of his line. I really like both players but would take Suzuki now and enjoy his production sooner and long term than waiting for Dach to catch up to Suzuki (but unlikely to surpass him)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    Hi everyone,

In keeper league, point only, goal and assist is one point. Who do you take for long term, not for next season. I think it very close, Dach will probably play with Kane, but that is only in short term.

Thank you!!!!!
    This is a tough one. I think Suzuki is safer but Dach has higher ceiling due to team (Montreal never has high scorers vs Chicago, which does). I see suzuki 50-60 next few years, Dach could be 40-70 (70 if everything goes right).

Close call....

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Dach will be a beast in a Multi Cat league, but this is points only. I project Dach to be a Getzlaf like C. Has PPG potential yes, but as with most power forwards, it will take time.

I watched Suzuki very closely during his stint with the Guelph Storm. This kid has Marner written all over him. Only difference is that he actually will play C in the NHL. He is the driver of his line. I really like both players but would take Suzuki now and enjoy his production sooner and long term than waiting for Dach to catch up to Suzuki (but unlikely to surpass him)
    Suzuki is unreal and I've also enjoyed seeing him live alot. He's a stud. I just can't remember the last time the Habs had a consistent scorer above 60 points...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Suzuki is unreal and I've also enjoyed seeing him live alot. He's a stud. I just can't remember the last time the Habs had a consistent scorer above 60 points...
    Well, you definitely have a point there Honytonk! I mean... Mats Naslund comes to mind (he cleared 100 I think). oooof. I was pretty young when he was playing and never a Canadiens fan despite my Dad being one.

Point taken, but there's a first for everything I guess. And Suzuki is the most likely chance they have to his PPG territory. (man they REALLY needed to land homeboy Laf this year)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think they are closer then people are giving credit.
    I got to watch Dach first hand play for the Blades. He is not a power forward type centre. Has the frame and body for it, but not really his gig. He is like Getzlaf some, but a much better skater. His playmaking is top notch, strong puck handling skills and an underrated shot.

I could go either way, but I am inclined to go with Dach. I believe he has the better floor and on the team better suited to produce 70 or more in pts. That 70 or more is another 2 maybe 3 seasons out.

By end season in Montreal Suzuki could very well be their #1C, but he is will need to prove he is it for them and show Claude Julian that he can be that guy. Claude does not impress easily or give way to young players too quickly.

Dobber Sports Stud

I just can't remember the last time the Habs had a consistent scorer above 60 points...
    For about 5-6 seasons in a row, Pacioretty was that consistent in Montreal.

Regarding the OP, I think it is close. I like Dach's potential down the road but as others said, Suzuki is closer to reach his. I get the argument that Dach is on a better offensive team on paper, but sometimes that works against you because you don't get the prime opportunities. Suzuki is a driver, not a passenger, so he'll produce no matter who he plays with. By the end of the playoffs he had the most ice-time among Habs' forwards and he was orchestrating everything on the top PP. He will only cement his position next season, as I just don't see any sophomore slump. I believe that 50-60 for the next few years is very conservative.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Deity

How sad is this statement if you are a Habs fan LOL!

Long term, I prefer Dach.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Well...
    Koavlev had 84 in 07-08 and hit 65 a couple more times in the mid to late 2000s
    Saku Koivu had over 70 pts in 02-03 and 06-07
    Max Domi had 72 in 18-19
    Thomas Plekanec had 69 in 07-08 and 70 in 09-10
    Max Pacioretty had between 64 and 67 four times between 11-12 and 16-17

So there is that.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch