Thread: Help me construct a fair trade

The Great One

Default Help me construct a fair trade

So Im rebWerenski uilding and have made some moves already shipping out Burns, Bishop, andMarchand at the deadline last year for names like Gaudreau, Kuemper, Suzuki, Glass, Robertson. The biggest piece for me to move is Malkin. If Im rebuilding hes got to to go but because we start so few active roster players- I actually feel like I can compete if I keep this one player and go for it. So the idea is Im motivated to make a move but Im not going to move him just for the sake of getting him off my roster.

Ill post my team:

C- Malkin, Kopi, Suz-ooka (Suzuki), Trochek, Glass
    W- Gaudreau, Vrana, Gusev, N Robertson, Kase, Janderson, Skinner, Gourde, Milano
    D- Kliungberg, Letang, Hronek, Klefbom, Toews, Weegar, Djoos
    G- Kuemper, Raanta, Ullmark, Nillson, Nedj

The players of interest are Wereneski (whose the east likely to get moved but the guy Im predicating the whole trade on- no zacky no dealy), Necas, Sorokin and garland. Hes got Crosby as well and has said hes open to adding Malkin to beef up for a run.. His teams already competetive af and adding Malkin and/or klingberg would make his squad absolutely beastly for the next two years.

I sent out Malkin, Nedj and Toews for Werenski and Sorokin which he said was a fairly easy decline. Because Ive had interest in Letang from other owners I feel like maybe upgrading the goalie going back makes the most sense. He likes to "win" trades- so basically as long as I can find a way to "overpay" for futures- which Im kind of ok with- then we might have something to work with- theoretically anyways -P

What do we think about an offer of:

Malkin, Kuemper, and (D)Toews

For

Werenski, Necas, Sorokin

Is that enough? Keep in mind hes competetive as all heck- one of the top 3 projex-cted in an 18 eam league- BEFORE he makes any type of trade like this. Im also thinking of asking to include a Skinner for garland swap which kind of stands on its own if hes interested. I know Skinners lost his sheen but our league really really emphasizes sog production and hes a beast in that department.

IMPORTANT!!!

I really hpe he doesnt read this as Im outing what my trade ceiling is BUT... theortetically... if Im willing to overpay... I technically dont NEED Necas back. Dont get me wrong hes a helluva player but the GM is very high on him having traded a lot of his youth away. Would an offer of my three assets- Malkin, Kuemper, and Toews for JUST Werenski and Sorokin make sense? I know I lose in value BUT my centers are ok long term with Suzuki, Glass, and whatever I can get for Kopitar and Trochek (we only start 2 weekly(and one forward flex)). Theres also a handful of servicable and/or high risk/high reward waiver options in guys like Danault, Kahun and Hinostroza. I like Werenski having a safe floor and being my "rock" on the blueline. Im extremely high on Sorokin and the Islanders although I think hes a year away still from majority starts which fits my timeline in any case.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Help me construct a fair trade

I think the return you're asking for MIGHT be enough for just Malkin. You shouldn't have to add more on to it, let alone taking off return pieces.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

I feel like stats here are important. And how many you play.

Just trying to gauge werenskis value. Almost sounds like he is top 10 value in your league?

I am assuming he is shooting down any offer for sorokin. What does his goalies look like? Is kuemper needed. While it is an upgrade on sorokin for the next few seasons if not needed I guess this gm would prefer to hold him
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I feel like stats here are important. And how many you play.

Just trying to gauge werenskis value. Almost sounds like he is top 10 value in your league?

I am assuming he is shooting down any offer for sorokin. What does his goalies look like? Is kuemper needed. While it is an upgrade on sorokin for the next few seasons if not needed I guess this gm would prefer to hold him
    No he said Sorokin is available but that (quotes) "I like him very much- hes got a lot of value in this league as soon as next year". Hes basiclly an extra asset right now and the owner is at least somewhat receptive to uniting Crosby and Malkin on his roster. Kuemper is an upgrade or sure and debatedly becomes his best goalie- he carries Blackwood, Quick, Petersen, Campbell and R Miller. I think its a substantial add but the problem is I think hes convinced Sorokins going to get the majority right off the bat and is valuing him that way wheras I really truly think its varlys crease to lose in year one- maybe even year two.

Werenski might be top 10 D (not overall) because we base our scoring heavuly on sogs and goals. G4, A3, Sog/Pim 0.5, Special Teams points add +1, and then we have this weird thing where we take a Dmans +/- and multiply it by 3 in whatever direction- so you can win big or lose big. Werenski is more the key to the deal for me. I love adding Sorokin but its werenski that has the appeal and Im not sure hes even available- hence the overpay offer- lol!

Dobber Sports Ace

Kuemper holds more value to me than Sorokin, so I don't like that swap. And I prefer Malkin far more than Werenski. This is a bad value trade IMO.

If Werenski is the target, I'd add a veteran forward like Trocheck with a defenseman like Hronek.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not adding Kuemper to Malkin to get Werenski & Sorokin. Drop the goalies from the deal, that should make it easier, as you two don't agree on Sorokin, and that clears that issue up.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like what Steve said above.

Also do not be afraid to walk from this.
    You've already said this guys likes to win their trades. Do not get suckered into overpaying for Werenski.
    Last 3 seasons Malkin is avg 1.22 pts per game. Yes he only plays about mid 60 to maybe 70 games.

Werenski went off last season for goals. But I am not 100% convinced he can get close to 20 goals again in a season.

The Great One

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/.../zach-werenski

Lots of great info justa few clicks away here on Dobber...try the "advanced stats" tab.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you can get Werenski, Sorokin, and Necas I think that's a long-term win for you. You're in a rebuild and Malkin has 1 maybe 2 more years of keeper value IMO. Arizona is going to SUCK going forward, I would be fine to ship out any Coyotes player. If you were competing it'd be different, but you're in a rebuild and I think in two years you'll have the best players by far.
    Necas is a really good player but I don't see him cracking the top 6 in Carolina barring trades.
    Overall, I think it's a fine trade, and I wouldn't go lower than what you're asking.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,